No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay safe Mike! We are in a none evacuation zone and up on a slight hill so hopefully we don't get flooded. I can pm you my address once your ready to send the templates.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Thanks. I ended up not even loosing power and the rainfall really wasn't that bad; the wind was the interesting bit. Finally took the 2 minutes to swap out my IACV and everything is back to proper working order. I considered buying a new IACV but Honda is mighty mighty proud of that part when it comes to pricing so I just settled for a new gasket. If I end up selling my Buddy Club wheels I will finally get new tires for my Gram Lights and get those back on the car. Somewhere in there I will actually follow through with some of my other planned modifications.

Comment

Hello all. Did something new to the car for the first time in what feels like ages. I saw a few parts up for sale from another member, all parts that I've been eyeballing or hunting for for a while and it just so happened that I had the spare funds. Between EDM corner lights, a 9091 high rise center console, and a JL Grille, I ended up getting a decent deal.

I definitely wasn't aware that some cutting had to be done to fit EDM corner lights on USDM headlight buckets, but I've wanted a set for so long that I didn't really care. I still need to make a small bracket to replace the zip ties holding it in currently. In my excitement to have the grille installed I completely bodged the paint, but I'm not too worried about it since the car will eventually go to paint and have things done the right way. The grille looks awesome, but it does bring to light how badly my front end is still out of alignment from my bump 10 some odd years ago. Whenever I have the car painted I'll have break out the crash measurements book and see about getting everything back to where it should be.

Once the tax refund hits the bank account I will at long last buy a third FReddy lip and get the front end back to my favorite "version" of the car, canards and all. New tires for the Gram Lights and an alignment are in order as well since the car acts all kinds of weird in the rain. I'd love to happen across a set of Si-T bumper lights as I'll most likely be ditching the USDM fog lights until I can pick up a set of JDM ones.

I'm planning on going to the junkyard this weekend to pick up a few odds and ends. I saw that a wagon hit the yard 6 days ago so maybe I'll pick up that rear storage compartment from that if someone hasn't nicked it.

Comment

Update time. My mom happened to come across some older photos of the car from back when it was shiny and new. The first picture is from around 1996 back when it was still my grandmothers car. The second picture is from around 2000 or so. It was cool to come across them.

On to the new stuff. I finally picked up another lip and got everything back on the car as fast as I could. The tire stencils came in today so I felt compelled to wrap that up as well. I liked the Bille style bumper, but nothing will ever come close to this look for me.

I've been hunting for a little while now for a muffler that I like both the shape and sound of. This week at work we had a 350z traded in with an ISR single exit exhaust, one that I've had my eye on for a while and even contemplated buying new. Since the car was going to have a stock exhaust put on it, I decided to pick up the muffler. Unfortunately they hacked out the nice resonator that is supposed to come with the exhaust, but I got a good deal on the muffler itself so I'm going to weld that on to the piping I have now with the intentions of eventually having a complete nice exhaust made.
          Last edited by Mike1357; 02-27-2018, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Mike glad to see your still working on the Accord. Even though it doesn't seem like you've been working on it a whole lot lately. Any updates on the ITB's that you picked up awhile back? Also the front end is looking like your car is supposed to. The Billie bumper just wasn't aggressive enough for the rest of the car.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Brahhhh that spoiler is life

I'd love to see this thing wrapped

Great build, makes me miss the old days.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Man, I need to get some fender flares cooking on my CB, I love your look.
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

That lip is so sick

Comment

Rilas, you're right, I haven't been working on it much but I am still driving it every day. I feel incomplete when I haven't driven it. I've been dragging my feet with the ITB's. What I need to do with those right now is send out the injectors to get cleaned and flow tested. Once I know what size they are I'll be able to get the car tuned. I've been driving on my stock P13 for a while now as my tuned ECU will go full rich for apparently no reason on my drive to work. The Bille bumper was something I picked up for the time in between lips. My last bumper was damaged by a tire in the road a long time ago and I had no luck finding one in the junkyard in the same color. I never really liked it, but it was kind of fun to do something different for a while.

gloryaccordy, I was really surprised how well the spoiler fit considering it wasn't made for the chassis. I really want to get it painted one color soon, but I want to have the look completed before I go to paint. Thank you for the support.

GTRON, I saw the look RonaldTypeR had and I had to put my own spin on it. I actually need to order another set to replace my rubbed through ones. Thanks for the props.

bseballkid1990, thank you. it's been a favorite of mine ever since the first time I saw one.

New this week, I had to pressure wash the lettering off the tires today. For some reason, the same paint I used on my last set of tires turned brown very fast with this set of tires. I think I'm going to just take some paint pens and color in the factory lettering on the tires. Much easier to touch up and clean that way. I also had the chance to have the 350Z ISR muffler welded on this week by a new friend. He got the angle of the dangle just right and it look and sounds far better than I was expecting.

This coming weekend I am going to another autocross event so I'm looking forward to feeling the differences with the LSD trans and lighter wheels with better tires. It's been almost a year since the last one I went to. Hopefully I'll be able to borrow a GoPro again.

Comment

Had an absolute blast at Autocross this past weekend. Finished in the top 10 winding up 9th out of about 30 cars.

Comment

its gotta feel good beating out vettes and other sports cars. Bathe in those salty tears!

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I'm surprised I do as well as I do to be honest. Especially since I'm not in any particular class, just grouped in with everyone in an open class. I was talking with a few people there and they were saying it looked like I was moving. I want to get my times up there with that Integra but that would mean I would need slicks at a bare minimum. I want to get a few chassis braces and then go out there again so I can feel the differences.

Comment

Yea Hondas of that era are very noodly... bracing the chassis would do wonders

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Great car. Looks 10X better with the new bumper and lip! I'm very jealous of that lip! Say, ever think of losing the splitters? (under the lip) and changing the hood?

That 4th last picture where the front is in focus and the rear is a blurrrrr... nice pic.

edit: it's a CF hood with functional vents is it?
                              Last edited by Raf99; 03-20-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

The trick is figuring out which brand braces to get. I won't knock ESP for rigidity, but it looks like tow hitch stock material. I've been trying to find a Cusco front strut bar for ages and I don't think a Neuspeed will fit over the H.

I've thought about changing the hood, but the one design that I like, I'd have to ship from Malaysia. My current hood is a stock steel hood with a hole cut for the vent and yeah, it's functional. The splitters are really just there to add rigidity to the lip and protect it a bit. This is my third one. I still need to put my canards back on the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X