No announcement yet.

XXR's seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If all you care to do is roll around the streets, then cheap rims are fine. Rotas are cheap knockoff rims, but they're made in sizes that fit properly. As long as you aren't looking to put the car on a road course, taking turns at 100mph, then Rotas will be just fine. They fit properly, and the functionality is suitable for the purpose.

These XXR rims that people are all about are ONLY popular because they come in idiotic offsets. The point is to capture a specific look. A look that, until now, suggested that a car was extreme, and rolling on high quality wheels. There's nothing extreme about cheap wheels that every ricer wannabe on the block has. When the ONLY function is to make your car stand out, where's the uniqueness in something inexpensive and common?

mcdizzle, the difference between the XXRs on your car and the XXRs that adorn stupid "stanced" Hondas is that your wheels actually fit properly! They're not a crazy incorrect offset. They aren't sticking out sideways. They fit like wheels should fit. On your car, those wheels are nothing more than that... a set of wheels. On your car, those wheels fall under the same argument that I made for Rotas. On your car, I can respect them, and I agree that they look good.

It's not so much the XXR brand that annoys me (and others), it's that everyone that wants XXRs seems to want them for that trendy "stanced" look. What makes me laugh is that half the people that do that want to do it on their $1000 car with body damage and faded paint. They want to slam the car on cheap coilovers. They choose XXR wheels partly because they're trendy, and partly because they're affordable (a set of BBS wheels in a similar size would be twice the price, even used.) What they don't consider is how quickly a "stanced" car will chew through very expensive tires!

The term "stanced" still makes me want to fart.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      If all you care to do is roll around the streets, then cheap rims are fine. Rotas are cheap knockoff rims, but they're made in sizes that fit properly. As long as you aren't looking to put the car on a road course, taking turns at 100mph, then Rotas will be just fine. They fit properly, and the functionality is suitable for the purpose.

These XXR rims that people are all about are ONLY popular because they come in idiotic offsets. The point is to capture a specific look. A look that, until now, suggested that a car was extreme, and rolling on high quality wheels. There's nothing extreme about cheap wheels that every ricer wannabe on the block has. When the ONLY function is to make your car stand out, where's the uniqueness in something inexpensive and common?

mcdizzle, the difference between the XXRs on your car and the XXRs that adorn stupid "stanced" Hondas are that your wheels actually fit properly! They're not a crazy incorrect offset. They aren't sticking out sideways. They fit like wheels should fit. On your car, those wheels are nothing more than that... a set of wheels. On your car, those wheels fall under the same argument that I made for Rotas. On your car, I can respect them, and I agree that they look good.
      thank you! they actually sit pretty close to flush. 18x9 with a +35 offset. i wanted the +25 but the company i ordered them from was out of the +25 and wouldn't get anymore until late may or june.

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

The size you were forced to choose is better. I might have farted at you if you got +25!

Comment

The size you were forced to choose is better. I might have farted at you if you got +25!
          my rear fenders are already rolled from the previous owner so they should have fit lol

loving the suspension my car came with though, hr street performance coilovers and f/r hotchkis sway bars.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Nice. At least G35 owners aren't usually ones to cheap out. At least not for another 5-6 years, I'd say.

That's the problem with old Hondas, VWs, etc... You can get the cars for next to nothing, so rather than taking that to mean "Oh, the car was cheap, so I can afford to spend lots of money to modify it the right way!" people think "the car cost me $1000, so I don't want to spend too much on it!"

Comment

Nice. At least G35 owners aren't usually ones to cheap out. At least not for another 5-6 years, I'd say.

That's the problem with old Hondas, VWs, etc... You can get the cars for next to nothing, so rather than taking that to mean "Oh, the car was cheap, so I can afford to spend lots of money to modify it the right way!" people think "the car cost me $1000, so I don't want to spend too much on it!"
              haha true, i think everyone knows i didn't cheap out on my cb7. i think i spent around $12k on it over the course or 6 years.

the only other mod i plan on doing to my g35 is the OEM big brake kit, which will require me to possibly run a 5mm spacer to clear the calipers. but that isn't much to run a 4piston front and 2 piston rear caliper with all OEM components.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Im not into that stuff or hate people that attempt that look,just makes me angry when people achieve that look and try to be speedy and not giving a crap about the people they might hurt if a suspension part fails due to that "look".

Comment

This.^
                  Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Bought my xxrs 002 for $290 with two brand new tires so yeah.

Comment

I bought my enkeis for 150 qith tires and look better than any xxr's ive seen

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                      Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                      Originally posted by bmxicansd
                      so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Originally posted by luckyflip View Post
                        Im not into that stuff or hate people that attempt that look,just makes me angry when people achieve that look and try to be speedy and not giving a crap about the people they might hurt if a suspension part fails due to that "look".
                        i get not being into the look... but what is gonna fall apart? lol. its usually not any different than any other lowered car. my bmw is "stanced" and i can assure u, nothing is going to fall off.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

cheep, for race tires ha.

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                            i get not being into the look... but what is gonna fall apart? lol. its usually not any different than any other lowered car. my bmw is "stanced" and i can assure u, nothing is going to fall off.
                            it just doesn't seem safe when people are speeding,weaving through traffic running suspensions like that.Not saying you do that kind of stuff.
                            Just things ive seen personally,Im also pretty sure your wheels are of better quality then xxr's.

btw
                            get off that mw3 and get on that bf3.lol

Comment

so people that run xxr wheels weave through traffic?

i figured they do the opposite...slow and low.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
                                XXR 526's on my G35, hate all you want. I bought them brand new

they look too small for that car lol

and xxrs are the new rota. i dont like either. never have, never will

no
                                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                                $30 HID kits here Thread
                                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                                X