Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many of you believe in ghosts or "spirits"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many of you believe in ghosts or "spirits"?

My wife watches the ghost hunter shows, and it gets me thinking sometimes. I'm not a believer, but sometimes the "what if" though passes through my mind.

The reason I ask, is because supposed babies and young children are more susceptible to seeing these things. Last week we moved our 5 month old son into an actual bedroom. He has been sleeping in my office since birth. He has a very hard time going to bed and for the past couple days he refuses to nap. But he does so by crying to the point where he's shaking nd almost seems like he's hyperventilating. While this is happening he's staring up at the corner of the ceiling and in his eyes, he looks scared. I'll pick him up and take him out of the room and he'll calm down... I step back into the room and he starts to breathe heavily, which soon turns back to crying.

It could all be nonsense, buy who the hell knows.

He is pulling your leg, let him cry.

Do you watch House? The last episode was pretty interesting.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
      He is pulling your leg, let him cry.

Do you watch House? The last episode was pretty interesting.
      Not really, what was it about?

Comment

I'm not sure what I believe in, but the "what if" is nice.
        If you want to look at human consciousness in a purely scientific light, it's really nothing more than electrical impulses. I sometimes wonder if those impulses can linger after the brain stops functioning. I mean, moisture in the air conducts electricity. Perhaps ghostly activity is like heat lightning...

Comment

I believe but I don't believe in alot of the tv shows my wife watches. I have had my fair share of scares. I have been told I have higher senses for my surrounding due to my lack of hearing. Something about other senses possibly being more in tune or something. I believe in negative energy more than spirits. Kind of like when something really bad happens it leaves a strong emotional energy that can manifest in different ways. Same goes for really good energy. Like have you ever been in a place that no matter what you feel happy?

I have seen things since I was little. Always tried to say I just had an over active imagination but as I got older it didn't really go away. I could just tune it out though.

The freakiest experience I have had though was back when I lived in Florida in a double wide trailer. It had head to toe mirrors on the closet doors by our bed. I awoke one night to my pitbull snarling at one of the mirrors and when I looked I saw a smokey face figure in one of the mirrors with red eyes. Freaked me the fuck out. My wife was talking to a friend of ours who was the daughterof the people that my parents had bought the trailer from a few days later and found out that their father had molested them in that room when they were little (which is why he was in prison).

Needless say I don't believe so much in ghosts as just the feeling that a place can give. We are currently house hunting and we recently looked at an older house and everything was fine till I walked into one of the hallways and the hairs on my neck and arms stood straight up. I looked up and there was an attic door and I just had the feeling that I did not want to go up there. I asked about the houses previous owner and all they could say was it was a bank forclosure and the previous owner had just left it like it was.

So now that I put all that out there ... for your child find out a way to make him comfortable in his new space. I doubt he is seeing a spirit in the corner. It is probably just a spot he focuses on when he is upset. Our oldest son was 3 before we got him into his own room because I had my father and brother living with us when he was young and it was hard until we found a way to make him comfortable by giving him a fun regular routine before bedtime that he enjoyed. For smaller children it is similar in the fact that they crave security in the form of familiar surroundings or routines that make them feel safe and secure. Good luck.

Comment

its not so much younger kids seeing these spirits its the theory that bad spirits are drawn to new life and innocence.

Comment

I believe in spirits, Good and bad. Iv seen silhouettes and even things that might make you question your own sanity but every single one of those ghost shows are stupid and faked.

I do know one thing, you go looking for them and you might just find them.
              -Will

Comment

i'm a little on the fence about this topic and yes i watch quite a few of the ghost shows on TV like the regular Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures and well i forget the name of the third one but its equally good. The only thing that has me wondering is, Ghost Adventures has an electronic item called a "spirit box" that allows spirits to talk to them in real time. Sometimes i want to call bullshit because if the item works like they claim it does, how come i haven't seen it on any of the other shows?

I've never had a an experience with ghosts or spirits which is why i'm on the fence. Now ask me if i believe in Deja Vu and stuff then yeah sure i believe in that.

Comment

Aside from good spirits and bad spirits. The bad spirits tend to prey off of the weak and easily influenced because they need that energy in order to exist it's what keeps them alive. As for the good spirits they come and go as they please when they are curious or are trying to look out for people that are in danger some stay momentarily others try to stay as long as they can.

I had one out of many experiences and I know you guys are going to laugh. But I was in my boys shop and in the the bathroom I heard the toilet go plunk like something dropped in the bowl. I go to look over and there was nothing there,nothing wrong with the plumbing over in the toilet nothing I was like hmm and I walked out.

Comment

i was in a cemetery and got this..

Comment

my friend's wife says that she constantly catches different color orbs in her video camera. it's only when the son is in the video. i think it is bullshit but whatever.

i hear and see things in my house all the time but don't think anything of it. there's just too many variables in the environment to conclude that it is a "spirit"
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm really on the fence about the whole thing. I've never seen anything that would make me think otherwise, but I do agree about the whole negative/positive energy deals.

You just get that weird feeling that something isn't right even though there's nothing there to disprove the feeling.

I remember when I was a kid, like fairly young, 5-8 years old maybe. I'd watch shows like Unsolved Mysteries and stuff like that and I'd get creeped out as heck by some of the ghost/spirit stories. Always made me think twice if it was real or not. Then I'd go to bed, all creeped out. And of course, I live in a 100 year old house, with all it's nightly structural creaks and groans that would kinda freak me out.

I eventually grew out of the being creeped out by funny noises at night phase. I also used to live just down the street from a cemetary. If you looked out my bedroom window, you could see it. When I was younger, my babysitter lived right across from it, and I would always go to their house. When I had to go home, only about 4-5 houses away, it would usually be dark and I'd have to walk out and past the cemetary. One of my friends also lived past it, so if I ever had to walk home in the dark, I'd have to walk past this super creepy cemetary. I would ALWAYS get a weird feeling walking by it. I don't know if it was from my freaked out mindset from the tv shows embedding into my mind, or if it was a natural thing to get this weird feeling when I was near it in the dark.

I'd be like 8-9 years old, walking up to this cemetary, and my heart would start pounding and I'd get tense and my hairs on the back of my neck would stand out and I'd speed walk or run past it. I lived by this cemetary for 20 years, and still, even in my 20s, I would get these same feelings, even though I outgrew being afraid or freaked out by it. It also doesn't help that at the end of the lane way, there is this super creepy looking white shed. It just LOOKS like it should be haunted.

Here's a pic of said cemetary

The blue house on the right is my old babysitter's house. I lived about 4 houses down from behind where this photo is.
                        Last edited by crazymikey; 04-25-2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

^thats fucking cool.

im a ghost hunter in my spare time. gotten a few evps n' shit. so yea i believe lol. took the girlfriend out on a date to a cemetery. she loved it. i love goth chicks <3

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

you have to see it to believe it and i definately believe in ghost and spirits.

there are other things that live around us.

i kinda believe in aliens too but i havent experienced anything with them YET lol
                            10th Anniversary Accord.
                            05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

I dunno about the "spirit" side of things, like seeing an actual ghost and shit.

But I agree about energy being present and I think there is proof. Not just ghosts and shit either, generally speaking I think energy resonates in our lives. Good and bad. Have you ever been a bad person or done bad things?

Then you know how bad energy can haunt your every movement when shit goes bad. Kharma has cursed me many times in my life. Places that bad shit has happened, often times feel creepy as fuck when you visit. Like insane asylums or old battle grounds.

I went to a national park once as a kid and there was a cliff with an information board basically explaining that this is were native americans would jump off and kill themselves. Who knows why, but the vibe was unique and very bizarre. Felt eerie just being there.

Have you ever walked into a room, and FELT that the people in the room before you were fighting? Maybe your mom and dad, brother and sister, friends-whatever. Even though you didn't hear any fighting, you didn't see any fighting, you can still sense it.

I think there are instincts that we have, that we dont really understand. Such as the instinct thats described as "fight or flight."

I think when a situation calls for feelings, your instincts have a way of provoking them to react. In the presence of this "Energy" whether its good or bad, I think its something instinctual if you pick up on it and thats why people generally dont understand it.

A lot of people that hunt have a story of being hunted themselves. I have on two occasions felt my life in danger from wild animals. Once a mountain lion, once a large brown bear-possibly a grizzlie bear.

Anyways, I mentioned those things as examples to illustrate that I think good and bad energy does exist and your body does have a way of understanding it.

Your body does alert you, generally speaking, when weird shit is going on. Good or bad, your body reacts and you notice feelings in response. Sometimes fear, sometimes happy.

Depends on the vibe in the air if you ask me. The vibe being energy from past, present or whatever. Good or bad.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X