Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB chassis lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB chassis lover

I have had a few CB chassis accords over the years. 4 to be exact. I started with a 1992 bordeaux red EXL CB9 wagon for my first car. I lost her in an accident(my fault), 5 1/2 months after i got her. My second was a 90 nighthawk black EX coupe. I had her for nearly 3 years, and gave her up to a junker after a rear end collision(not my fault). She had 209k on the body and still ran really well on the second engine and transmission. Still wish i had her. She was ugly but dependable. My third was in 2010 and was a debt payoff(bad idea)/ birthday present to myself. She was my most expensive($3k w/255k). She was a 93 Arcadia Green Pearl EX CB9 5 speed wagon. She had no rust(nearly impossible to find in Ohio. I put window tint and a head unit in her. Miss her terribly! Lost her to a moron who thought that he could beat me through a light. My current garage queen is another arcadia green CB9 5 speed wagon, this time a 92 with 146k. Have always been a CB fan and have many literature pieces from the US & Japan. Primarily a wagon guy, but have hopes one day to have a trifecta in Arcadia Green(coupe, sedan, wagon). All 5 speeds as well.

Welcome! I know how you feel - I've owned a total of ten CBs and currently have five. Post up some pictures of your ride.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yup! Same boat... I love these things.

I've owned 9. Currently have 4 of them.

I think I might never buy a newer car...

Comment

Nice. Currently in the same boat. Had a 04 wrx, trans went bad, bought a cb7 while looking for a new transmission and it ended up getting stolen. I just had to buy another one. love these little cars much more than subies, can't wait to start working on mine more

Comment

Originally posted by mysticskyline View Post
          I have had a few CB chassis accords over the years. 4 to be exact. I started with a 1992 bordeaux red EXL CB9 wagon for my first car. I lost her in an accident(my fault), 5 1/2 months after i got her. My second was a 90 nighthawk black EX coupe. I had her for nearly 3 years, and gave her up to a junker after a rear end collision(not my fault). She had 209k on the body and still ran really well on the second engine and transmission. Still wish i had her. She was ugly but dependable. My third was in 2010 and was a debt payoff(bad idea)/ birthday present to myself. She was my most expensive($3k w/255k). She was a 93 Arcadia Green Pearl EX CB9 5 speed wagon. She had no rust(nearly impossible to find in Ohio. I put window tint and a head unit in her. Miss her terribly! Lost her to a moron who thought that he could beat me through a light. My current garage queen is another arcadia green CB9 5 speed wagon, this time a 92 with 146k. Have always been a CB fan and have many literature pieces from the US & Japan. Primarily a wagon guy, but have hopes one day to have a trifecta in Arcadia Green(coupe, sedan, wagon). All 5 speeds as well.

Another cb9 lover saying HI from the west side of C-bus
          Howdy neighbor.
          CB7TUNER.com
          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
            Yup! Same boat... I love these things.

I've owned 9. Currently have 4 of them.

I think I might never buy a newer car...
            Don't because honestly its not worth it.

Comment

I love the CB, too. I will eventually buy another one after I play with some other brands and chassis.

Newer cars are so blah and plain. Yes, they are fast, quiet and have tons of "features" but they all feel so cookie cutter with no personality.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Something about the design of any '90s Hondas that is just great! Especially our CBs!

I want to buy another one for my younger brother to drive.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

cb9love, we need to connect. What color is yours? I live in Galloway.

Comment

Mine was destroyed almost a year ago. I hadn't driven it in years, though it was supposed to be back on the road this past Spring (it got smashed while parked in front of my house.)

It was the only car that ever felt like "home" to me. I've owned many different kinds of cars. American, European, Japanese... Multiple Hondas, even. The CB7 was the most meaningful of all. Granted, the CB7 had this site behind it, whereas no other community has quite felt like home as much as this one!
                    Still, I'm not sure I'm ready for another one. I've owned another CB7 besides my primary one, and while I liked it, it wasn't MY car. Nothing will ever be my old CB7. Nothing will ever be the car that got me into cars. Another CB7 at this point would be a major project, or a major expense to find a truly good one (and that would likely be far from home, since everything near me rusts to pieces.) It would limit my ability to explore other options, as funds and storage space are both limited. Someday, I might get back into a CB7... but I want to see what else is out there to play with first! I currently have a 1990 Miata and a 2006 CTS-V. Next up will be a Volvo 240, most likely. A Jeep Grand Wagoneer would be a close second. The Miata might be ditched in a couple years in favor of a TVR Chimaera.

Comment

Working...
                    X