Run your VIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run your VIN

I guess this is similar to carfax or carproof, but this is totally free.

My buddy showed me this website, it's www.getvin.com

Input your vehicle VIN and it'll show all the history back to about year 2000. Atleast for the 2 vehicles I submitted, the history only went back to 2000.

It shows all registration renewals/changes and also showed my SE was a rebuilt title, which was correct.

I'll vouch and say this site seems to be pretty accurate. I like the fact that it's able to track the registration renewals to the date & place, so you can actually find out where and when it has been registered in the past.

Run yours, check it out.

Interesting, this site claims our Corolla was in a minor accident while the carfax we ran when bought states "accident free." Wish I could find my Accord's vin, I sold it but carfax said it was clean as well however the paint on the hood was a slightly different shade.
    FA1

Comment

hmm my car started out as a NY car in 1990 then 2 yrs later was transferred to Scottsdale, AZ...that's probably why it doesn't have any rust.

my 93 had everything check out fine. I've owned it since 03' so not much has happened. I did see that the local Honda dealer reported that it was "serviced" since I had that seatbelt issue taken care of

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

nice site

showed me that the 92 lx that my "new" motor is from was in an accident on Oct 19 2011, just as the j/y said and that the mileage is correct too !!!

will bookmark
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Nice!

I've got history back to 94'...My CB checks out clean!

Thanks, Mikey!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

damn.

my car was reported as a storm damage from Lacombe, Louisiana in 2005

Right around Hurricane Katrina.

:edit:

CarFax actually never showed that either. And I have a CarFax report right next to me from when I bought this car.

My CD5 was scrapped 5 months after the accident.
            Last edited by HenRoc; 03-25-2012, 01:12 AM.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

good find mickey, i was able to run all my cars and the information is accurate. Its kinda cool to see the vehicles life before you, its kinda life if your gonna date a girl, you wanna know everything, well not really.

CALI LIFE STYLE
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

My friend showed me the site because he's looking to buy a car right now. He was looking at a Nissan Altima and some stuff came up on this site that carproof didn't report.

I also ran the vin for my Mazda3, and found out it originated in Calgary in 2005, then from 2007-2009 it was registered in Edmonton, and then in mid 2009 was purchased from auction, then next registered to me after I bought it in July 2010.

Comment

Now I wish I knew the life of my truck although I know it was owned within the same family (mine) for about 12 years.

And my first 92 which was also from my parents.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I had an accident last month (not my fault) and it showed up as the only accident the car ever had. i feel so bad now lol. but it seems it was traded in a bunch of fucking times though rofl

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

How do you know they're trade ins?

On mine, it says "Canadian Renewal" on each date when the plate sticker was renewed or when the car was registered to a new owner.

Comment

Seems to me that I'm the only one on here with negative info I didn't know about the cb I just got acouple weeks back. Apparently it has 270XXX miles on it when the cluster says 151k. It hasn't had 150k since 2000...

Comment

Ohhh damn. That's not cool. But, you found out for free, and easily. For 270k miles though, that sedan is in excellent shape, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Comment

My sedan has been in Midwest all its life had only 2 owners prior.
                            Coupe however has had 8 owners and possible odo rollback wtf.
                            But pretty accurate. Helps me sleep better at night
                            Last edited by tommi; 03-25-2012, 01:41 PM.
                            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Site isn't working for me but I really want to check mine. Can anyone check for me?

Comment

Working...
                              X