Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gangsta Lean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gangsta Lean

I have a serious gangsta lean, even on flat ground my car🚗 land to the drivers side like there is to much weight in the driver's side why is that!

Many of the CB7s I've owned have had broken front springs. They typically break at the inside of the bottom coil. Turn the wheels hard in one direction for access, then run your finger along the outside of the bottom coil, you should be able to feel if it is broken. I bought one that I eventually parted out where the front springs had broken in the middle - very obvious during a visual inspection.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Have you tried checking the shocks and springs for faults? Lol usually new shocks would fix that issue you're having.
      1991 Lsv Da9 - Project Boost
      1992 Virgin Ex - Daily + All black Gutz an things..

Comment

shocks don't have anything to do with ride height unless they are binding up. Springs sag after a long while, and they are 25 years old now.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          shocks don't have anything to do with ride height unless they are binding up. Springs sag after a long while, and they are 25 years old now.
          You're correct. I Didn't mean to put "New Shocks should fix that issue", only meant to suggest checking them lol. Didnt see that I put Shocks twice in there. Sorry about that!
          1991 Lsv Da9 - Project Boost
          1992 Virgin Ex - Daily + All black Gutz an things..

Comment

Just to confirm, is this an issue with the springs?? I've got the exact same problem. '90 coupe that leans to the drivers side. At first I thought I was nuts because I would look back at the car when I was walking away(we all do it) and feel like something was just a little off. I recently swapped the back drums out for discs and the feeling seemed even more severe. Finally I walked out into the street and looked into the garage and sure enough, the car leans to the drivers side. The wheels and tires seem to be cambered just fine, straight up and down, but it's quite obvious. I haven't taken a tape measure to it but I swear its close to an inch lower on that side.

Comment

Its more than likely sagging/and or broken springs, I've had it happen on a few CB's and even a CD I used to own. It may also be really really bad shocks, but that would be less drastic. My guess is a combo of both, but hey, every broken part is an excuse for an upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Harriers Wake View Post
                Just to confirm, is this an issue with the springs?? I've got the exact same problem. '90 coupe that leans to the drivers side. At first I thought I was nuts because I would look back at the car when I was walking away(we all do it) and feel like something was just a little off. I recently swapped the back drums out for discs and the feeling seemed even more severe. Finally I walked out into the street and looked into the garage and sure enough, the car leans to the drivers side. The wheels and tires seem to be cambered just fine, straight up and down, but it's quite obvious. I haven't taken a tape measure to it but I swear its close to an inch lower on that side.
                As stated earlier, the front springs typically (in my experience) break where it comes off the lower seat on the back (facing the spring tower). Run your finger along the spring coil and you should be able to feel it.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I appreciate the clarification, I will take a good look at the springs tonight. The wife is completely on board with a full suspension overhaul seeing as how old it is. Just need to scrape up the cash for my ideal setup. I plan on a Koni/eibach setup including full camber correction and all new poly bushings. Later on some good sway bars and tires.

Comment

It is very common for the driver side to lean permanently , because of the consistent weight being put on the driver side. In addition , the vehicle being more than 20 years old with original shocks and springs. I , too , had the lean back in 2006 until I replaced the shocks and springs.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                    X