X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good job on that project man!
    [IMG]http://img295.echo.cx/img295/702/cb7sohc4mm.jpg

Comment

seriously, be VERY careful when separating the glass casing. take your time and heat it enough or else....

OWNED. i gotta drive around for a couple weeks with one side looking sweet and the other side with silicone all over it until the replacement light comes in.

well least it's half cool.

Comment

i blacked my headlights yesterday, took a total of about 6 hours from start to finish including all the masking tape job. looks great, visibility is the same, or at least not noticeably reduced. i find the best paint is what i used, BBQ paint. it's awesome, no glare at all, no light reflection. the pics of the original job in this thread look too glossy. they look way better completely ultra flat black/gray. i'm still deciding on what kind of coner signals i should go for. clear/black housing to compliment the headlights, or all amber to give it a euro sorta 98-99 e39 5 series look? i got a super clean 1990 white ex-r coupe, slightly lowered, and dropping in an h22...clean sleeper look, no giant wings and mesh vents....it's not a spaceship.

Comment

6 hours? you got Pwned dude
          You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

well, condisering it was my first time taking off the bumper, and my 12mm open wrench was a short piece of shit......i think it was alright
            also given that i don't like doing butch jobs, and made sure the masking job was nothing for of perfect following every single angle and curve to the exact edge. and that does include heating up the oven, baking each light and everything. so if you tally it all up, 6 hours isn't all that much. granted this time around i'd have the bumper off in a jiffy. patience paid off cause they look pro.

Comment

Check out my headlights i just got done with them. just installed!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ewpost&t=36182
              My CB For Sale

Comment

Not sure if this question was proposed previously, how has this set up affected the installation of HID's? Has anyone done and have had any issues?
                RETIRED...

Comment

true jdm headlights

to give my headlights the "true" JDM look, what should i use to paint the high beam reflector yellow or blue and have it still reflect. If i use yellow or blue translucent or anodizing paint from autozone will that work. I used the red anodizing paint to make my clear taillights that i mistakingly bought two springs ago and made red clear "JDM" tails and they came out nice. But if the Zone don't have yellow which is what i want, what other kinda of paint can i use on the high beam reflector to make it yellow. I want to paint the low beam blue and the high yellow, so if worse comes to worse both will be blue. And if there is no yellow then will the anodizing paint last or will it melt off and make this a waste of a project and my headlights look like ass?
                  vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by gromofsky_92
                    But if the Zone don't have yellow which is what i want, what other kinda of paint can i use on the high beam reflector to make it yellow?
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ewpost&t=36182

I went to a hobbie lobbie and got krylon stained glass yellow paint. it comes in a small ass can and costs like 6 bucks. its the clear yellow paint and it reflects great. check my link above, and see if thats what you like.
                    My CB For Sale

Comment

The original write up is great! Don't mean to steal the thread here, just wanted to let others know I used the original thread info to black out my headlights, and they turned out awesome. No leaks that I can detect, I had then in the oven for about 12 minutes at 225 degrees, and used the barbeque paint.

The only varience, is that I used a sharp razor blade to cut the tape after it was covering the reflector to ensure a sharp, clean line. Here are the results:

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i'm still confused on where i should paint my crome part at, the bottom and sides? can someone make a pic and color where u paint, like in paint or something simple

awesome diy
                        My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

so what is the reflector you're supposed to mask out and where do you mask sorry a newbie thinking about doing this but then a bit confused on directions

Comment

great writeup i just did this and what a great mod, it makes the front look so much more aggressive i love it, thanks for takin the time to make this DIY

Comment

I just masked off all the parts that werent flat and mine turn out nice.

Sold as of 12-16-06

My Ride
                              DIY: Painting E-Brake Button

91 Honda Accord Coupe EX F22A4 5-speed

Comment

what about painting it the color of your car instead of just black?

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Working...
                                X