Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car Grounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Grounds

Could a bad ground cause dizzy problems? there are times my car runs fine and others where it just wont start, could a bad ground cause this? I already changed my coil thinking that could of been it.

are u getting any spark? check your fuel pump, do you hear it kicking on. could also be a main realy.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
      are u getting any spark? check your fuel pump, do you hear it kicking on. could also be a main realy.
      The fuel pump does work i checked that. I don't have spark sometimes so im guessing my dizzy is going bad, i just wanted to see if a bad ground could damage the dizzy or effect it in any way?

Comment

when you're driving, have you ever noticed your tachometer bouncing around? i mean the needle acting erratically.

Comment

yeah that happens right before it shuts off most of the time.

Comment

i'd say it's the igniter in the distributor going bad then. what year is your car and which engine do you have?

Comment

1990 cb7 with a f22a6

Comment

Did you swap in that engine? or was it already there when you got the car because we need to find out if you have an internal or an external igniter.

Comment

i swapped it in. is the ignitor different on the a4 to the a6

Comment

Originally posted by CozmoCon View Post
                    i thought there was but i can't find any information to support it. Maybe someone that is more knowledgeable will chime in soon but in the mean time i guess check the ground wires; the valve cover, underneath the distributor housing and i always forget where the third one is. Its either on the battery, the alternator or on the transmission.
                    Last edited by Leung; 05-23-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

i hope so
                      I really need to fix this soon so i can get to school and work
                      thanks for your help though much appreciated.

Comment

well i have found that the igniter for the A1 has the same part number as that of the A6's; 06302-PT2-000.

(F22A1) #1

(F22A6) #7

In some other threads i have read that you can remove that and take it up to Autozone to have tested because they have a book that contains a bunch of values.

Comment

Originally posted by CozmoCon View Post
                          What I do know is that 90-91 Accords had the ignition coil inside the distributor, while 92-93 had it on the outside. If your distributor seems to have a fifth spark plug wire, then you have the external one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles View Post
                            What I do know is that 90-91 Accords had the ignition coil inside the distributor, while 92-93 had it on the outside. If your distributor seems to have a fifth spark plug wire, then you have the external one.
                            I thought there was something different between the two.

Comment

well i ended up changing my ignitor and shes working fine at the moment
                              thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X