Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP!!!! slow or no accel when warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!!! slow or no accel when warm

I am having a problem when i first start the car i have not accel problems but after 5 mins i will go to give it gas and it just doesnt want to move or barley moves, but then after the rpms climb to 2k it will have power again. It dries fine besides the no accel problem in first.
    Ok i really need help. i have done the following and still have the same exact problem:

changed dizzy, wires, plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter and removed the cat. I have also cleaned the egr, and iac.

i have run out of what to test. i love my cb and just want her running again....

PLEASE HELP!!!

Oxygen sensor.

Once the car is warm, the ECU goes into closed loop mode, where it uses the o2 sensor feedback to determine how much fuel to give the engine. When the o2 sensor begins to fail, the readings are off, and the ECU will not fuel the engine properly. I bet your check engine light comes on as well, correct? (if you pull the diagnostic code, it'll probably be code 43, "fuel supply system", which means the o2 sensor 99% of the time, oddly enough.)

Replace the o2 sensor with a Denso or NTK/NGK unit. DO NOT use a Bosch sensor, as they don't work properly.

Comment

Sounds to me like the dizzy needs some adjusting. I put mine on the other day and played with it a little bit until I got it back on timing and now it runs great. I had the same exact problem as you so try that first

Comment

"playing with it" isn't exactly the best thing to do. There is a thread by HondaFan81 that tells you the proper way to set your base ignition timing. I suggest searching for that one. But yes, having a severely retarded spark will make for a very unresponsive low end.

Comment

No CEL comes on. The only light that is on is my ABS light but that would have nothing to do with this. This problem occured one day and hasnt shown any improvement with a new dizzy. I thought the spark was a issue, but the O2 would make sense to. Would bad O2's not thorw any codes??

is there a way to bypass them for testing??

Comment

a bad 02 sensor can still cause this issue without throwing a cel. its probably working just correctly enough to not throw the light but incorrectly enough to make it run like shit. i would replace the 02 sensor.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=183959

Comment

Yeah, the o2 sensor can begin to fail but not throw a code. Mine only threw code 43 when I got the car up to about 55mph.

The fact that it runs fine until it warms up is basically proof. As the car is warming up, it is running on pre-set fuel maps in the ECU, and not relying on o2 sensor feedback. As soon as it starts relying on the sensor feedback, the engine runs poorly.

Comment

Working...
              X