sound inside of cabin-like release of pressure or whistling sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound inside of cabin-like release of pressure or whistling sound

I have a 92 accord ex coupe 5 speed. While driving i hear a whistling sound that sounds like a release of pressure inside my cabin. It lasts for a few seconds and is consistent in duration. This happens in 2 minute or more intervals while driving. I don't hear this sound while parked. It sounds more like a release of pressure somewhere in fuel line. It is a quiet sound and can barely be heard with ac on and radio off. I really don't know how long this has been going on cause i mostly drive with radio on. It sounds more to be coming from passengers side in front somewhere. Can't pinpoint it while driving. Any ideals.

It sounds like the evap canister release purge solenoid. Basically fuel related and releases gas fumes to the atmosphere. This is located in the front of the car in the engine bay. You'll have to pin point where the sound is coming from or wait till it gets louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      It sounds like the evap canister release purge solenoid. Basically fuel related and releases gas fumes to the atmosphere. This is located in the front of the car in the engine bay. You'll have to pin point where the sound is coming from or wait till it gets louder.
      That was my first suspicion as it is coming from that direction. Is this purging normal?
      [edit] I may have inadvertently clogged one of the vacuum lines trying to glue back on one of the nipples so am wondering if this would cause this pressure release. [edit]
      Last edited by zedjr10; 07-03-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Extremely advanced timing seems to be the cause of this excessive purging. It was at 60 BTDC. Now 22 BTDC. No more purging sound it seems.

Comment

Working...
        X