Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Old Member from the NorthEast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
    What year is that ? Is there a build thread on it?
    It is a 1951 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Club Coupe. I have a very Slooow progress thread on it started on another website, but it has been idle for some time as I was focusing my funds on my honeymoon last year and didn't have any time to work on it. This will be the year I focus more of my time on it as I have no other financial commitments for 2016.

Here is a link to the Mopar thread:
    http://p15-d24.com/topic/37700-1951-...-of-knowledge/
    CC2 Vigor.

Comment

You might have gotten water into the distributor, which is causing your problems. It might be worth it just to pop off the distributor cap and check for moisture.

Anyway I've always like the look of the Vigors, nice job on keeping it and building it!
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        You might have gotten water into the distributor, which is causing your problems. It might be worth it just to pop off the distributor cap and check for moisture.

Anyway I've always like the look of the Vigors, nice job on keeping it and building it!
        Thank you! I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Vigor engine setup, but it would be very hard to get any water in to the distributor from where it sits. It would've had to been submerged in order to get wet. It's crammed up against the firewall at the absolute highest point in the engine bay. It's not impossible, but it's not likely. I did check it when I pulled over and the exterior was dry, so I am ruling that out. The car seems to run fine now, almost like whatever was fouled has had time to dry out.
        My theory is that water made its way into my exhaust (straight 2.25" pipe from the muffler to the cat.) and fouled the O2 sensor, which was the code that was originally thrown after the incident. I'm guessing the hard braking while entering the water allowed enough time off the throttle for water to flow into the muffler. Just my guess.
        CC2 Vigor.

Comment

It's been a good while since I've actually looked at a Vigor engine bay. But it was a suggestion and usually the first place I look after encountering water. I'm still not sure how it would have gotten in your exhaust though, it should be a sealed system from the exhaust manifold to the tailpipe. Meaning it would have to come in through the intake. Oh well glad it's running like it should again.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            It's been a good while since I've actually looked at a Vigor engine bay. But it was a suggestion and usually the first place I look after encountering water. I'm still not sure how it would have gotten in your exhaust though, it should be a sealed system from the exhaust manifold to the tailpipe. Meaning it would have to come in through the intake. Oh well glad it's running like it should again.
            No, I mean the water was deep enough that it probably came in through the tailpipe and filled up the exhaust, drowning the O2 sensor. (maybe). I slammed on the brakes, so it's possible that there was enough off-the-throttle time for water to flow freely into the pipe. After I hit the water I knew letting off the gas would be a bad thing, but apparently the damage was already done. Anyway, It's running great now.

I spent yesterday tearing apart both of my JDM driver side headlights and made one good one out of the mess and did another sand/buff/polish on the lens. I will get pictures when the headlight is assembled and complete. Right now, the only thing I need to do is re-seal it.
            CC2 Vigor.

Comment

I had issues with braking all last week and it seemed like it was getting worse every day. So Friday morning I started tearing the front end apart in hope of changing out the pads and rotors.
              I have a long drawn out and frustrating story about my adventure, but lets just say my car is still on jack stands. I ended up stripping all the flange bolts that hold the rotor to the hub and had to drill them out. I'm probably going to make a run to the junkyard tomorrow morning and try to get new bolts. I could try getting them locally from a hardware store, but I am doubtful they would have what I need and if they did, it probably wouldn't be hardened steel. I'm contemplating buying new dust shields for the rotors from the dealer because mine rusted into pieces but I'm not sure the car is worth the money or if I should just go without.
              CC2 Vigor.

Comment

The last few days I've been struggling with replacing rotors and wheel bearings, but after breaking multiple tools including a 1/2" ratchet and a 3/4" impact adapter (axle nut was stuck), I've managed to change out everything that NEEDED replacing, and gave up on the things that I WANTED to replace. My patience ran low and decided if it wasn't broke, I'm not fixing it. Lubed up my brakes and called it good enough. I got a driver side wheel bearing, rotor and pads changed out, and the passenger side pads. Everything else passed my QC.
                I have a picture, but photobucket won't upload it for some reason.

Trial and error today. I didn't do any research before installing some prothane sway bar links on the front of my Vigor, and now that I'm sitting in front of a computer and researching, I see I've overtightened my links. I will go loosen them up in the morning. Also- the prothane kit doesn't come with the spacers, and I feel like it should. Either way, I screwed up and I will fix it.
                Here's what I did: (too tight)

I also tried ordering sway bar bushings via cross-referencing parts and taking stabs in the dark, and I did NOT get the correct sway bar bushings for my Vigor. They don't sell a kit for my car, so I used my best guess using measurements. I doubt I can exchange them at this point, so hopefully I can find someone who can use Sway bar bushings for a 98-2002 Accord.

While under the car, I also remembered that I keep forgetting to check for oil leaks. I know the oil cooler gasket is bad, but I think I have more than just that going on under there.

I'm going to order the gasket for the oil cooler, replace, clean the engine and underneath, and see if I still have leaks.
                I also bought some 80-90 Hypoid gear oil for my differential and will be making that a priority as well. Warm weather is upon us and I am wasting no time.
                CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Very detailed process on everything you do to everything you own. I like it. I have a 91 CB9. 304k with typical slipping automatic transmission. Daily a 2002 accord ex now. 5 speed & super comfy
                  Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

Originally posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
                    Very detailed process on everything you do to everything you own. I like it. I have a 91 CB9. 304k with typical slipping automatic transmission. Daily a 2002 accord ex now. 5 speed & super comfy
                    I love that generation Accord. I had a 2001 Accord and It was like driving a Cadillac. (obviously an exaggeration, but it was extremely comfortable)
                    CC2 Vigor.

Comment

A couple days ago I buffed and waxed my hood to see if the OEM paint was worth saving, and it looks like most of it is going to polish up good! I'm terrible at taking pictures while working, but I will eventually post some pictures of it buffed.

I also changed out the Diff fluid and it looked pretty rough. So bad that I might run this new fluid for a couple days and then flush it again. Not sure if you can use seafoam in a differential, but I will look into that and if I can then I am going to clean it right inside and out!

I finally received my headlight from New Zealand, and the USPS was able to break this headlight just like they did with the last one. So I've got some wasted money wrapped up in these JDM headlights, but the important part is that I have one good set to install. I want to get a proper "before and after" shot of my mild JDM conversion, so I am not going to install any parts until I can reserve a day where I can install all the parts at once.

I am also getting closer to finishing up the L.E.D. chasing turn signals for the front. Pics when I get one worth posting.

CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Well, they aren't perfect but I picked up some really nice condition Honda H center caps for my Vigor wheels.
                        I'm thinking within the next 2-3 weeks I will hopefully have all of my JDM parts installed. I would be doing it now, but I am really hopeful I can do it all in one day so I can get a sweet before/after picture.

These wheels need more cleaning, but the weather is still fairly chilly around here. Some day...

CC2 Vigor.

Comment

I'm not sure if I should post progress pictures of the JDM parts install or just post a Before/After picture...
                          CC2 Vigor.

Comment

I forgot to post this "progress" picture from a couple days ago. I'm terrible at taking progress photos, so this is all I snapped.

CC2 Vigor.

Comment

CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Before and After pictures!

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.

Before:

After:

The only thing I wasn't able to get around to installing was the JDM side markers. That will have to be another day. The JDM window visors are installed, but you can't see them in the pictures.
                                CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Working...
                                X