Dying for a harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dying for a harness

Hello guys I did some surface searching on a few routes to overcome this hurdle. I have a chipped p72 with stock h22 map on it. Ran like normal until motor spun a bearing. I bought another h23 block with h22 head and had both rebuilt to or specs. Installed motor and now I have a CEL code 03 MAP sensor. What caused this to happen? Thanks guys! BTW my mechanic is referring me to get a custom harness from rywire or monotech..

Just a guess... but perhaps your MAP sensor went bad?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Just a guess... but perhaps your MAP sensor went bad?
      I never had it plugged in

Comment

is that the only CEL you're getting? maybe you mixed it up with the plug for the TPS.

or, you used to have the Accord MAP sensor hooked up, without realizing it. Because the car won't run without the MAP. The stock map sensor is mounted to the firewall (inside the black box) and is connected to the motor via a Vacuum tube. I think maybe when you hooked up the new motor, the MAP tube got hooked up to the wrong nipple on the manifold (or not hooked up at all?)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
          is that the only CEL you're getting? maybe you mixed it up with the plug for the TPS.

or, you used to have the Accord MAP sensor hooked up, without realizing it. Because the car won't run without the MAP. The stock map sensor is mounted to the firewall (inside the black box) and is connected to the motor via a Vacuum tube. I think maybe when you hooked up the new motor, the MAP tube got hooked up to the wrong nipple on the manifold (or not hooked up at all?)
          Car don't start with either plugs connected to map. The ecu has a stock h22 map chipped to it and never had the plug connected and still ran like normal after I got it chipped. But after installing a rebuilt h23/22 the cel is on.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post

Also the accord map box on firewall has been removed.

Comment

Any info??

Car does run without map connected. Doesn't run right. Running way too rich... don't know what's next fellas..

Comment

Sounds like you need to address your wiring. Wire it correctly, and use a map sensor that you know works. Anything else is a halfassed solution, and you're not likely to find that here.

Comment

Sounds like you need to address your wiring. Wire it correctly, and use a map sensor that you know works. Anything else is a halfassed solution, and you're not likely to find that here.
                  That's what I have been contemplating. I'm going to correct my harness and ecu issue and see if the cel goes away.

Comment

That seems to be the only option. If plugging an important component in causes problems, there's definitely something wrong, either damaged or misplaced, in your wiring. It's tough to diagnose it any further, since custom work has been done.
                    Check your vac connections as well, as cpmike mentioned.

Comment

That seems to be the only option. If plugging an important component in causes problems, there's definitely something wrong, either damaged or misplaced, in your wiring. It's tough to diagnose it any further, since custom work has been done.
                      Check your vac connections as well, as cpmike mentioned.
                      Will do Sir, Thanks Guys!!!

Comment

Found the culprit

So the pins on the connector for map sensor were mixed up for pin B and C. Switched them, reset edu, CEL came off and stood off. Just runs a bit flat after 5-6k. Any info on why it's doing this?? I'm running a chipped p05

Comment

Working...
                        X