Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Perfect color match for your CB7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are these pics?!?

and i bought a can of spray paint that was in the "honda" section of cans that was close to my color, and i touched up a couple of the spots on my car using only spray paint because the original owner painted them using orange paint for some reason.....it matches very well, especially considering how many kms are on my car....

Comment

hey everyone im looking for an oe hood bra i have cash can buy through ebay also i done know how to post my owm

Comment

Originally posted by dayzielynn View Post
        hey everyone im looking for an oe hood bra i have cash can buy through ebay also i done know how to post my owm
        Bye.
        While your away you can re-read the rules.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Nice thank you! this will help a lot of folks as well

Comment

As well? You didn't add anything you probly didn't even read anything on the first page

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

re

Get the most invisible honda touch up paint repair you can do yourself with scratch-filling putty and blob-free paint.

Comment

oh what the hell...we got spam bots again

Comment

re

truly frustration-free automotive Honda Touch Up Paint kits, backed up with a money-back guarantee.

Comment

Nice! Definitely picking up a can on payday. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to find oem colors anywhere
                      Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                      The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Hate to resurect an old thread but how many gallons of paint would I need to repaint my whole car?? Could I even use this to paint my whole car?? Like is touch up paint any different from what comes from the factory?

Comment

I dunno how many gallons it would take, but they sell aerosol cans, half qrt cans ..
                          They sell a gallon of my basecoat color for $270, so .. I'd guess a gallon would work?
                          http://www.automotivetouchup.com/auto_paint.asp
                          I'm no pro or anything, but I'd wait for a better qualified answer lol!

Thanks for "resurrecting" an old thread
                          I just ordered an aerosol can of base and clear 27 bucks ..
                          I din even have to search for the thread ahaha ..

EDIT: and yeah, this product is considered "touch-up" paint because that's how it's mostly packaged to sell.
                          BUT, it is as close to the real OEM paint that you're painting. I've used this and it's AWEsome !
                          I did a few small area(s) and you can't even tell where they were. BUY IT!
                          They sell a gun that clips onto the pint can too .. But I wouldn't think of spraying a car with-out a compressor.
                          It's a nice quality OEM paint that if done properly, could look just as good as "factory" .. and trust me .. it is!
                          Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 02-14-2014, 07:33 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                            Hate to resurect an old thread but how many gallons of paint would I need to repaint my whole car?? Could I even use this to paint my whole car?? Like is touch up paint any different from what comes from the factory?

a gallon would do everything, you also have to mix in a catalyst which increases your total volume, then clear.
                            If your doing this at home without a lot of expensive equipment, look into acrylic lacquer .
                            https://www.paintforcars.com/acrylic_lacquer_paint.html
                            http://www.tcpglobal.com/restoration...FatcMgod5mAAfw

it can be single stage or two stage if you want to do clear later on, theres no window to apply the clear. or you can buff it out. touch ups are easy,runs you can sand off and buff. you can get a really good paint job you did yourself with cheap tools. air compressor and a 25$ HF HVLP gun. Id even bet it can be laid with the more expensive/better electric airless paint sprayers you use with plastdip. Theres a lot of colors too and its cheap you can paint you whole car for like 2 hundo or less
                            Last edited by illinois_erik; 02-15-2014, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Alright thanks guys. If you've ever need my MR thread you'll see how damaged my paint is. This summer I'm doing paint and body work on my car. It'll probably be 2 stage. So I just need a gallon, this is awesome. I was going to buy the paint and do all the prep work and have maaco do the rest since I've never painted a car before lol, no reason why I can't learn to though.
                              Last edited by ThatOneAccord; 02-15-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

hahaha true. I wanted to touch up my car for awhile now. Guess now is a good time as any.

Comment

Working...
                                X