No announcement yet.

AccordWarrior : 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for post-suspension installation fotos!

Comment

Very nice Taco!
      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Watching The Grand Tour and decided to throw together my to-do list.

Purchase
        - Black Horse / GoRhino Light Bar Mount
        - KC HID Long Range Lamps
        - Homelink Mirror
        - Depo Head Lamps
        - Subaru Tweeters(?)
        - Door Speakers(?)
        - Different Winter Wheels(?)

Install
        - Blue Sea Fuse Panel / Breaker / Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel
        - Wire Air On Board Switches
        - Install 30" KC "C" Series LED bar
        - Replace "TRD" logo with Tuffskinz Turbo Silver inserts
        - Install Aukey DR-02 dash camera
        - Install Little Wil CB radio antenna
        - Solve front end clunk

Comment

Good looking truck! FYI There is a TSB for possible water leaks at the third brake light, I have only seen a handful but keep an eye out. They used a foam gasket with cheap adhesive to attach it on this model and depending on climate they are breaking down quickly.

I have had my Xrunner for 12 years now and is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, and a friend of mine has a 16 TRD OR with 200k miles on it already with no issues.

Keep up the good work!
          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
          01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord View Post
            Good looking truck! FYI There is a TSB for possible water leaks at the third brake light, I have only seen a handful but keep an eye out. They used a foam gasket with cheap adhesive to attach it on this model and depending on climate they are breaking down quickly.

I have had my Xrunner for 12 years now and is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, and a friend of mine has a 16 TRD OR with 200k miles on it already with no issues.

Keep up the good work!
            I have been keeping my eyes on all the known flaws on the truck, in case I have any issues. The apparently awfully programmed automatic transmission is a big reason I have a manual in this one (my beloved 2013 was an automatic).

I do love it though.

Comment

I have been seriously looking at 4runners lately since they still have the 4.0 V6 and great transmission, I would keep my Xrunner but with 225k on it, my 80 mile daily commute adds up fast, and an auto trans would be nice!

I work for a Toyota dealer so if you ever need anything just let me know!
              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
              01-01-2019

Comment

I have been seriously looking at 4runners lately since they still have the 4.0 V6 and great transmission, I would keep my Xrunner but with 225k on it, my 80 mile daily commute adds up fast, and an auto trans would be nice!

Will do. I'm eagerly waiting for the 2020 to come out with the updated LED headlights. For now I'm saving up for another McFly style roll bar and casually looking for a set of FJ Steel wheels for next winter.

The 4Runner is definitely nice. My best friend's wife has one and I helped him do the Warn semi-hidden winch mount and a set of 5100's up front.

Comment

Not to thread jack but this is good to know. Do you get any deals on TRD? I eventually want to upgrade to TRD dual side exit exhaust on my 14 tundra.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                    Watching The Grand Tour and decided to throw together my to-do list.

Purchase
                    - Black Horse / GoRhino Light Bar Mount - Purchased
                    - KC HID Long Range Lamps - Purchased
                    - Homelink Mirror
                    - Depo Head Lamps
                    - Subaru Tweeters(?)
                    - Door Speakers(?)
                    - Different Winter Wheels - Purchased

Install
                    - Blue Sea Fuse Panel / Breaker / Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel
                    - Wire Air On Board Switches
                    - Install 30" KC "C" Series LED bar
                    - Replace "TRD" logo with Tuffskinz Turbo Silver inserts
                    - Install Aukey DR-02 dash camera
                    - Install Little Wil CB radio antenna
                    - Solve front end clunk
                    IMG_1638-edit by Mike M, on Flickr

Got the knobby tires back on this morning.

IMG_4074 by Mike M, on Flickr

Yes, the bar is polished stainless steel, no it won't be staying polished stainless steel. I've got (2) sets of KC lamps ready to go on it. They're both HID units, one pair which will be in the middle will be the long range lamps for things way out in the distance. The outside lamps will be conventional driving beam pattern that will illuminate more of the foreground and sides. Yes, I have zero clue when I'll ever use them, but I think they look cool and I've had roof lights on the previous two trucks, so I'm not breaking the streak.

IMG_4057 by Mike M, on Flickr

I bought new OEM FJ Cruiser steel wheels for winter. They are 17 x 7.5" and I'm going to refinish them in silver similar to the base Tacoma SR5 steel wheels. I want the military / NATO look for the truck during the winter and this will get me there. It's the 5th set of wheels I've had for this truck. I've got issues.

Comment

Lol you cracked me up on even stating when will I ever use these, for the light bar. I think it will look badass and who knows we may have a world wide power outage and you may need those bad boys.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

IMG_1800 by Mike M, on Flickr
                        IMG_1794 by Mike M, on Flickr
                        IMG_1774 by Mike M, on Flickr
                        IMG_1781 by Mike M, on Flickr
                        IMG_1757 by Mike M, on Flickr
                        IMG_1785 by Mike M, on Flickr
                        IMG_1784 by Mike M, on Flickr

Some new pictures of the truck as it sits today.

Comment

idk I think I would still rather have McFly's truck...

Gary A.K.A. Carter
                          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                            idk I think I would still rather have McFly's truck...

Have you seen the price of 1985 SR5s lately? They simply don’t exist isn’t the Northeast.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                              Have you seen the price of 1985 SR5s lately? They simply don’t exist isn’t the Northeast.
                              Yeah it's insane. I was also randomly browsing for Jeep Comanche pickups since my pops had a 1987 when I was a kid... holy hell the only ones on AutoTrader start at $10k and there are a few at $25k.

Whatever, I'd rather have a Toyota anyways. My 4Runner is a tank
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post

Whatever, I'd rather have a Toyota anyways.
                                I hear ya on that. Minus the gas mileage I love my Tundra.

The yota looks great. I like the rock sliders, thought about getting a set, but I really love the hide away steps, minus the price....
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X