No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This makes me so nervous pouring all this money into my car. All that hard work ruined by an "lol" or instagram post. Glad to hear your wife is okay. Good thing you have all the receipts for all the maintenance you just did.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      This makes me so nervous pouring all this money into my car. All that hard work ruined by an "lol" or instagram post. Glad to hear your wife is okay. Good thing you have all the receipts for all the maintenance you just did.
      Yep! I had that come into play when my 93 LX got hit in the side sitting in a parking lot about 5 years ago. They went back 6 months on all my receipts. I don't know if that's going to happen this time but I guess we will see.

Comment

Still don't know. Maybe totaled maybe not. Will update when I know more. Still will throw new coil on it. I'm buying it back from the insurance company regardless. Just gonna send it. I'll get my money back out of it and keep the car. Buy back on these us like $300. I'll park it with my other one in Missouri at some point.

Comment

I'm not purchasing any more parts for this car. But I wanted to install what I've already purchased.

Today I put on the coil and distributor rotor I bought a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I went to replace the hose that comes off the back of the intake manifold and goes to the throttle body and I just can't fight these cars for hours on end anymore. The cut up hands and arms laying in grease, oil and coolant are in the past. It's not worth it to hold my neck up for 2 hours fighting literally one hose clamp just to hurt for 3 days. I'm done.

It's being taken to a shop for this. I'm not putting myself through the hell it takes to do it. I've done it in the past several times but not again. I'll drive it to a shop just down the road spraying coolant and pay them $75 to maybe $200 to do it.

Insurance is fixing the rear end where it got hit. So that's good.

The oil cooler is in the way, the harness and the intake manifold bracket even after being removed it's still just a pain. I pulled the oil filter and that helped some. Still. It's one of those things I'm not doing. I've not taken a car to a shop in over a decade. Until now. While they're at it I'm having them replace the other hoses in the area. The two other hoses.
            Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-16-2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I've got some odds and ends to take care of on this thing. It my daily.

Today I did a drain and fill on the automatic transmission. It really needs some new fluid. I think I'll do another drain and fill in a week or two. Then another following that.

All in all, there is no more debris on the drain plug than I've seen before on other CB7's. About typical for 232,000 miles.

In the future, I'm going to try to get the A/C working on this thing. That and see what other parts I have for these cars laying around new in boxes. Just slowly continue making improvements on it I guess.

Comment

Been sitting for a while. I'm about to revive it.

Removing the intake manifold and replacing every hose it has. There are a couple that I might have to make. But that's ok. I'm done with coolant leaks on this car. At least behind the I/M. Not fun.

Using all OEM parts. And extra nuts for the I/M. Been there before several times. 10 extra ought to be more than plenty. Couple new bolts for the bracket as well.

Comment

Good luck! I have been going through the same process lately, just buy every little hose and bs part and be done with it!
                  Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                  01-01-2019

Comment

That's about the only way to do it now days. These cars are getting pretty old. It's just a safe bet!

Comment

Parts from Honda. Intake manifold to head gasket. Plenum gaskets. Various hoses behind the intake manifold. Intake manifold nuts, intake manifold bracket bolts... and I think that's it.

Going to tinker with this car for the near future. I'm bored and it's cheap to work on.

Comment

On another note it's now in the garage. I'm down to the 98 Talon that I never plan on parting with, this car and the firetruck which is stored elsewhere. Simplicity is peaceful.

Comment

I replaced the hoses today. I prepped the intake manifold for removal first. Only to find after further inspection that I would not have to remove it. I discovered that the shop I took it to over winter replaced both hoses on the back of the I/M. And the only hose under it that needed replacing was the larger bypass hose.

Prepping for removal.

Located the culprit.

Verified other two hoses were replaced.

Bypass hose.

IACV hose.

IACV to FITV hose.

First time ever getting everything to go back perfect in this area including looming.

As you can see, I was running straight water through it for a while. It was leaking so much that putting coolant in it would create a hazard and be very expensive. The best bet is to stop driving it. I live within a couple miles of work and chose to do this knowing the consequences. As opposed to dumping poison all over the ground I chose to contaminate the cooling system. Yes, fixing the issue would be best however I chose not to so I wouldn't have to take off from work. Even being a manager I don't like to miss work. Period.

I'm going to have to flush the crap out of the cooling system. And the heater core and radiator might need to be replaced in the future. The water pump will most definitely need replacing now as well. I'm sure there are components starting to pit however after having extensive experience with water quality and treatment and even hydronic loop systems I know it can be overcome. The damage is done but I don't suspect a catastrophic outcome or anywhere near it. I do feel bad though but oh well. Moving forward.
                          Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-25-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I had that bypass hose rupture once away from home. Lucky it was in pretty much the same location as you show. There was enough length to cut it flush and reattach it to get it home - no fun working on a hot engine though!
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

That hose busting will create some serious steam off the down pipe below. I was glad I went with OEM. It kinda sucks that I bought three OEM gaskets and didn't use them but oh well.

Comment

I think next I'm going to do the oil pan gasket replacement. 11251-P0A-000 is the part number for my own reference. Of course this involves removing the cross member brace and the downpipe. And I really don't like replacing the downpipe.

I will have to locate the correct crush gaskets. And the downpipe itself isn't worth putting back on. I haven't had luck AT ALL with Bosal from RockAuto. I will try Walker. On the last Bosal I installed the flex pipe section rusted in two pieces within a year and looked 5+ years old.

The timing belt and water pump still needs done as well. And the rear bumper and front driver side fender also.

Should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X