Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about solenoids and the infamous D4 flashing light...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about solenoids and the infamous D4 flashing light...

Hello...my 1993 Honda Accord is at about 208,000 miles. I started noticing when im driving the light over D4 begins to flash. So I jumped the ECU/TCU and got these codes:

ECU 8-top dead centre sensor

TCU 1-Lock-up solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted
    TCU 2-Lock-up solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted
    TCU 7-Shift Solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
    TCU 8-Shift Solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.

I did some youtubing but couldn't really find anything close to what i need to know or how to fix this problem.

One of the things that I notice is...when it is hot or warm outside. The car will turn over but it won't start, and the D4 light is blinking. On cooler days it will start up no problem, but the D4 light will start blinking at some point during my drive. Im hoping this is an easy fix. Or not too costly of a fix. I was going to flush my transmission over the weekend but the Honda dealer near me had to order some transmission fluid do I was ass out. Help me please...please Help me please!!!! Thanks!!!

Step one would be to delete all those codes and then go drive the car until it fails again, then recheck what code(s) come up. Unless you personally have reset the ecu recently you don't know how old those codes are and should start fresh to save time not diagnosing old codes that may have been corrected. Post the results after the reset and test drive.

Comment

Cool! I just did the reset and let it run for awhile. I'll be on my way to work in just a little bit so I'll post how the ride to work was. I greatly appreciate your reply. So far I notice the green light is gone but the check engine light is still there. Get back in just a few.

Comment

Okay...the check engine light is still on. Even though I reset it. And after I get about a mile or two up the road the D4 light starts flashing again. Should I jump it and see what codes come up?

Comment

Yep, pull the codes again and post them up.

Comment

Originally posted by 92exa6 View Post
            Yep, pull the codes again and post them up.
            I got the same exact codes as above.

Comment

Funny thing too....I have been parking my car in the garage where it is much cooler I guess and my car does not stall and flash the D4 light when I try to start it. It starts right up. If I leave it in the sun....It will turn over but it wont start.

Comment

Your transmission could be on the way out as well...

Comment

This is written for a Prelude but you should be able to do similar with an Accord to clean the solenoids:

http://mustardcat.brinkster.net/p3g/...toSolenoid.htm

92 Accord LX Coupe Build
                  91 Prelude H22a Build
                  91 Prelude 4WS ALB Build
                  You can't rationalize cars like these. They're not something you buy with your head, you buy them with your heart because you love them, and who can explain love?

Comment

Originally posted by MustardCat View Post
                    This is written for a Prelude but you should be able to do similar with an Accord to clean the solenoids:

http://mustardcat.brinkster.net/p3g/...toSolenoid.htm
                    Thanks alot for this. Im going to make this my saturday project and I'll let you know how it went. Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                      Your transmission could be on the way out as well...
                      I like people that type these kinds of responses.

Comment

Theres a lot of information about the tranny solenoids at

http://techauto.awardspace.com/transmission.html

Comment

Can't be of much help on the transmission issues, I have going through the same thing, but the car not starting when its hot outside is likely your main relay. Its a simple fix if you know how to reflow the solder joints on the back of the board in the relay.

Comment

All those codes at once typically means that your TCU (Transmission Computer) is fried. The capacitors in the TCU's are notorious to leak, and cause the exact symptoms you described. It is possible to fix your TCU for under $5 if you know, or know someone who can solder. Check the link in the my Signature for 'DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix' for instructions.
                            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                              All those codes at once typically means that your TCU (Transmission Computer) is fried. The capacitors in the TCU's are notorious to leak, and cause the exact symptoms you described. It is possible to fix your TCU for under $5 if you know, or know someone who can solder. Check the link in the my Signature for 'DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix' for instructions.
                              COOOOOOLLLLLL!!!! Man I appreciate everyones help I really do!!! I don't know how to solder but im going to get on CL and see if I can find someone. Im located in Lewisville Texas right in between Denton and Carrollton btw so if anyone is close by and can help me out please hit me up!

Comment

Working...
                              X