Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clear sight tube hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clear sight tube hose

would anybody happen to know if sight tube handles heat?
    i would like to add a piece for looks on the radiator hose
    i know the killerglass has it. i was just wondering.

thanks

Should be able to handle the heat if its meant to be used as that. Where will you be getting it from??

Comment

it is a nice idea, once you do it show us some shots

Comment

If the tube isn't made for it, don't do it. It's not just the heat you have to worry about, but also the compatibility with the coolant. If the coolant corrodes the hose, you'll soon develop a major leak. Not to mention the contaminants in the coolant as a result of that corrosion.

Comment

clear hose

i work at a tactor supply store and we have all kinds of clear hose. i found one that is rated at 150f but not sure how hot it will get.. and also like you mentioned^^^^ what if it corrodes.. ill try and let you guys know

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 2283kdogg View Post
            i work at a tactor supply store and we have all kinds of clear hose. i found one that is rated at 150f but not sure how hot it will get.. and also like you mentioned^^^^ what if it corrodes.. ill try and let you guys know

thanks.
            I don't know if I would trust 150 F. If it gets hotter and gets soft the pressure the coolant is under would cause it to expand and possibly blow. It would also probably be a pain to work with on a cb7 because the hoses have so many bends in them. IMO paint your hoses neon green, same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by DemoDerby112 View Post
              I don't know if I would trust 150 F. If it gets hotter and gets soft the pressure the coolant is under would cause it to expand and possibly blow. It would also probably be a pain to work with on a cb7 because the hoses have so many bends in them. IMO paint your hoses neon green, same effect.
              yea i thought about it..i read that they can go up to 190 or hotter.
              soo ill keep looking

Comment

I know theres little inserts that clamp on to stock rad hoses. Look pretty cool. Ive been wanting one but not sure where to source one

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
                  I know theres little inserts that clamp on to stock rad hoses. Look pretty cool. Ive been wanting one but not sure where to source one
                  killerglass.com
                  they got one for 100 might get that one sometime soon

Comment

Working...
                  X