Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larger rear brake upgrade

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/3634882347.html
    i was looking on craigslist and came across this link. i wanted to know if anyone have gone this direction. currently i have itr rear rotor with prelude 5 lug hub with 95 accord calipers. i have wanted to increase the rear rotor size and stoping power. so does anyone have any idea if these rear rsx-s calipers will fit on my 5 lug set up.

you know, the wagon accords come with larger rear calipers. and it will bolt up with no problems...

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

why the rear?
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I did the front upgrade already. currently i have tsx calipers and 2004 accord coupe v6 rotor with the 40/40 install. now the car dive forward when i brake. so im hoping with a larger rear brake set up it will even out the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
          you know, the wagon accords come with larger rear calipers. and it will bolt up with no problems...
          will those rear caliper work with the 5 lug swap i have on the vehicle.

Comment

yes. many have done it. even me

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by winston101 View Post
              now the car dive forward when i brake.
              The brake dive is associated with spring and dampner setting. You can greatly benefit from firmer struts and springs.
              1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

update coil over suspension

Do any one have any pictures of the larger rear calipers.

well i addressed the suspension, which improve the diving effect. now onto another question. what spring rate is best for daily driving in city area with bumps and pot holes. i have d2 on the soft setting and it is still a hard ride. i have changed the spring rate to 7k in the front from 8k and 6 in the rear. people with ff2 what spring rate are you using.

Comment

Working...
                X