Key stuck in ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key stuck in ignition

Hey guys, I've had this problem before and I finally got it fixed but it came back to haunt me. Before my key would get stuck in my ignition, it would stay stuck on the first one, where it's just the radio on, and I got a whole new ignition and it worked. Recently, I switched out my main relay with a new one. And now for some reason I'm getting my key stuck again.

Does the main relay have anything to do with my ignition? I don't want to spend more money on another ignition cause Its already a new one.

You can't pull the key out? Try electrical parts cleaner and some type of lube. I'm not sure if WD-40 is considered safe near electrical parts.
    1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

^x2. Are you sure you are wiggling it good ? If the ECU or TCU think the car is in gear it will not let you pull the key out. Try putting it in park if its and automatic. On a manual , maybe the neutral safety switch.
      10th Anniversary Accord.
      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

It will just stay locked, I can wiggle it but nothing will happen. After 5 minutes of it just sitting it will eventually let me turn it to off. I was reading other threads that maybe it's not noticing it's in park, but mine is a 90 and it doesn't have the light on the dash.

Comment

Damn. Yeah it could be that its thinking it still in gear. Try putting it in neutral and see what happens.

The DAYS my intake fell off i would put the car in neutral while driving and it would allow me to take the key out.

I didn't know 90s didn't have a light indicator for the gears.
          Last edited by 10thAnnivCB7; 03-03-2013, 03:39 PM.
          10th Anniversary Accord.
          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

besides the car not sensing Park, when my key started doing that after i got it out after jiggling the key and rocking the wheel back and forth i hosed the inside of the ignition switch with the graphite lube for regular doors while working the key in and out, the key was a bit tweaked so i flattened it and deburred the teeth with a light wire brushing, hasnt really given me issues since besides sometimes having to rock the wheel a bit to get it to unlock and start

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
              I didn't know 90s didn't have a light indicator for the gears.
              I have a 90 and my cluster has gear indicators.

Comment

No lights if it's a manual. At least my 92 5sp don't.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                  I have a 90 and my cluster has gear indicators.
                  Really? I don't have any gear indicators. Wtf

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                    No lights if it's a manual. At least my 92 5sp don't.
                    Wow what an idiot I am lol.

Obv no 5spd's would have the indicator lol.

Disregard my post.

Comment

Working...
                    X