Ten Things Christians and Athiests Can (and must) Agree On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
    All zealous people, religious or not, that push their BS in your face are annoying as hell. I don't care about your religion or your religious views. I have mine so leave me to it and don't go bashing it becuase it's not the same as yours. I don't bash yours so I expect the same courtesy.
    thats pretty much the point here.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

But it's so much easier to tell somebody that they are wrong, then to admit your own fault....

Comment

its not about right or wrong or whos at fault.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          /thread.

And what Ghost said. I have mine, you have yours now let's keep it that way.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

fuck it. somebody delete the thread. the original point is so far beneath the piles of shit everyones shoveled on top of it that ive given up. i need to move to the middle of nowhere so when you tits kill each other i can watch from a safe distance and go on with life.
            Last edited by texasvtak; 06-21-2011, 02:38 PM.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

I love these kinds of discussions. I love them because I can have a decent debate without getting butthurt. We just cant do it here. Well, we can, but it'll offend someone or a moderator, in fear that it'll offend someone, will shut it down.

I can debate these things because I know my religion. I know where I stand and there aint a god damn person who can change my mind or get me to think otherwise. Therefor, I can sit there and tell you about my religion and listen to you talk about yours. There's nothing wrong with that. It's when people start trying to tell me, or others, why their reiligion is better or why mine is flawed. I dont give a fuck.

You can point out all the flaws you want and shit might even look like swiss-fucking-cheese, but it's still what I believe. Why? Because I have to God-given right to believe whatever the fuck I want. As do you and others. I'll listen and do my best to defend why I believe, but I wont tell you that you're wrong or worse or less or that you're gonna burn in hell or any of that. Because I respect your right to believe whatever the hell YOU want. Its when you start coming at me that puts me on the defense. That makes me edgey.

I can talk about it, yes. But will I sit there and allow you to badger me and belittle me and call me names and tell me that the choices Ive made and the beliefs I have are wrong? Fuck no.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Tippey pro tip:

To delete your own thread all you need to do is delete the original post and it gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  I love these kinds of discussions. I love them because I can have a decent debate without getting butthurt. We just cant do it here. Well, we can, but it'll offend someone or a moderator, in fear that it'll offend someone, will shut it down.

I can debate these things because I know my religion. I know where I stand and there aint a god damn person who can change my mind or get me to think otherwise. Therefor, I can sit there and tell you about my religion and listen to you talk about yours. There's nothing wrong with that. It's when people start trying to tell me, or others, why their reiligion is better or why mine is flawed. I dont give a fuck.

You can point out all the flaws you want and shit might even look like swiss-fucking-cheese, but it's still what I believe. Why? Because I have to God-given right to believe whatever the fuck I want. As do you and others. I'll listen and do my best to defend why I believe, but I wont tell you that you're wrong or worse or less or that you're gonna burn in hell or any of that. Because I respect your right to believe whatever the hell YOU want. Its when you start coming at me that puts me on the defense. That makes me edgey.

I can talk about it, yes. But will I sit there and allow you to badger me and belittle me and call me names and tell me that the choices Ive made and the beliefs I have are wrong? Fuck no.
                  by your post, id almost guess you read the article.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

Funny thing is, I didnt, lol.

I just know how these things go.

Comment

i can care less if you praise a tree or a frog. as long as you do what is instinctively good, you are OK in my book. religion is supposed to somewhat of a guideline. some people just take it too far and take every aspect of it as truth. i swear most religions have like 60-80% fact in them (archaeological evidence, historical dates, etc). but other parts of it are indeed just there to exaggerate things. religion is interesting. i just dont understand how someone would start trouble with someone else for not seeing something the way they do.

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I skimmed the article. Every bit that I focused on said exactly what I expected it to say... which is basically just laying out common sense.

There is no blame. There is no right or wrong. A religious belief is just as unsubstantiated and personal as an opinion. It is YOUR thing. However, you get a bunch of people together that believe roughly the same thing (I guarantee there's not a single person in the world that shares EXACTLY the same beliefs as any other...) and suddenly such a belief becomes much more.

I know a number of extreme religious people (most are Christians... I know a good number of Muslims, Jews, a few Hindus, and even some Wiccans.) I know a number of extreme atheists. I respect the beliefs of both groups, but I also expect them to respect me, and my beliefs. What are they? Nobody knows. I'll discuss religion, but I'll very rarely get in depth with what I believe (that, right there, is part of my belief.)
                        When these people try to force their beliefs on me, I get irritated.

The problem lies with the fact that anyone that argues for or against any diety (or lack thereof) is that there is absolutely NO solid proof that they can present to someone that doesn't believe in said diety (or lack thereof). You can't prove the existence of a god to someone that doesn't already believe, because all supporting evidence requires that belief to be in place already! You can't disprove the existence of a god any more easily than you can prove it.

It all comes down to respect. Respect other people's way of life. Respect their beliefs. As long as their actions and beliefs aren't making your life more difficult, or decreasing your own chances of reaching whatever afterlife paradise you believe in, then you shouldn't even be concerned with them.

This goes for everything. Religion, sexual preference, diet (unless that diet consists of people or abducted household pets... ), etc...
                        If it has no negative impact on YOUR life, CHILL THE FUCK OUT!

Comment

Working...
                        X