Road Rage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Rage.

Before you guys go on bashing me..I'm going to be straight, I didn't do a damn thing to entice this guy, this just happened about an hour ago.

I normally don't post this..but it shook me up enough to do so.

So here's how it happened:

I was heading home from work about an hour ago. Heading north on RT. 128 towards RT. 3 (which takes me home) , I was cruising along and I immediately swerved around a silver 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer as he had abruptly cut me off.

So I made my way around him to avoid rear ending his truck and I got in front of him. All of the sudden as I get on the on ramp to head north, I look up and I see headlights in my rear view with no bumper , the driver literally had road rage and was trying to hit my car..so I sped up but I was trapped between him at 02 Odyssey that was directly in front of me.

I couldn't push my way forward so I tried to slow down and at the same time I slowed down the guy AGAIN almost rear ends my car, as soon as I saw a clearing a I veered all the way left to the fast lane.

I got a safe enough distance away that I thought I was alright. I'm cruising at 60 mph and then I look up again and it's the same driver. Riding alongside my car trying to get a snap shot of it, so I slowed down to get behind him so he could pass, as soon as I did that he slams on his brakes, I narrowly missed hitting his truck (as I had turned the car sharply left).

Once again he starts chasing me northbound, and I'm trying my hardest to shake him off, so I get in a cluster of cars and in between traffic to gain some distance.

Now this is where it really got fucked up:

I got off at exit 28 (for you locals it's Treble Cove Road in Billerica), I look up and the guy is blasting off the on ramp chasing me. so I blew thru a red light and I crossed a bridge that went over the highway.

I look in my rear view mirror and I see that he crosses right from passenger side to my left trying to run me into a barrier, so I locked up the brakes pulled the e-brake so he keeps going but then slams the brakes and cuts right almost taking out my front end, and like a scene out of Fast and the Furious I had the car turned 180 degrees and I dropped it in 1st gear and tried to loose him.

I look in my side view mirror and the guy literally was driving on the OPPOSITE side of the road trying to catch my car.

I get back on the main highway to go home and I ended up calling the Massachusetts State Police to see if I could get the guy stopped. I stopped on the left break down lane to phone it in but he had done the same thing but on the right break down lane and he had kept a distance so I couldn't make out the plate, there wasn't any way I was going to have him tail me home so I stayed on the phone with the MSP and got off at another exit where two local cops (Tygnsboro) met me off the highway.

I pull over, adrenaline rushing thru me and just straight heat rising off my face.

The guy tried to get out of his truck but one officer yelled at him to get back in his car. They came to me and took my information I gave them the whole story of what went down and how I almost got hit more than once and the 180 I had pulled about 8 miles back.

Told them I didn't want this guy tailing me because :

1. I don't know what his motive was

and

2. I was going to find out the hard way.

After the information was taken down they let me go but I think he had something going on so the cops held him at bay while I took off.

As soon as I left, a State police squad car pulled up, and I think the guy ended up going into custody.

Now I have to go down to the town where I had to do evasive maneuvers and file a police report after my job interview.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Man that's crazy, but what else are you supposed to do when someone goes crazy and starts to chase you? Honestly, I wouldn't have done anything different in that situation. You're scared, shocked, panicked and unsafe.

Sure, you'll get other guys saying your driving was dangerous, but screw that. At the end of the day, the guy got fucked and you went home safe and sound.

Comment

Well I was just told I can file a complaint with the RMV down in Massachusetts and have this guy taken off the road. From what I was told when I was talking to the cops..there had been multiple calls since some drivers had seen my car being chased by this guy.

Apparently the guy told them that he was complaining about my driving..so I said 'What was I supposed to do? I was trying to get him off my back but I don't know if he was trying to playing good cop but he was driving like a complete asshole.'

I just got off the phone with MSP, Monday I'm going to a local court to file complaint against him. I drive the same route every day for work, what if I cross him again..then what.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

that's is some messed up stuff.

The most recent road rage case i read on the local news was that some guy just walked up to the driver in front of them while at an intersection and started beating the crap out of them with a hammer. The article didn't say what started the incident but supposedly he left the scene right after and the cops were looking for the guy.

Comment

I'm glad you made it through ok. The worst road rage case I ever heard of happened down the street from me.

The guy who lives there apparently cut some psychopath off and got followed home. He ended up at the fire department's door with 2 bullets in him.

Comment

some people are just fucked in the head. people like that are why i keep a heavy steel pipe under my seat, just in case

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
              some people are just fucked in the head. people like that are why i keep a heavy steel pipe under my seat, just in case

Trust me. I had a knife..but once you pull out a weapon.

Game over.

We can all try and play heroes but...if you fuck up, you have a lot to loose.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

Comment

Very smart thinking Henry.

Me personally, I would've let him follow me to my neighborhood, DELIBERATELY! I would have pulled on my block, parked my car (especially now that the weather is getting warm), got out, and post up next to my peoples....

You did the right thing. Sounds like something that I'd do. It was the mature responsible thing to do.

EDIT: I know it seems like a contradiction, but for those who understand, understand.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Extremely smart thinking, Henry. I know you can have a temper, and it's a good thing you kept your head in this situation! Calling the cops was the smartest thing you could do, and unless someone is thoroughly shady, nobody could possibly make any of this your fault.

I had a similar situation, though not nearly as dramatic... only the road rager was an off duty cop. I got tickets for things HE did (such as reckless driving), and I had to pay $1200 for a lawyer to fight it. The cop was untouchable, and I couldn't even get a fair day in court to plead my case.
                  Road rage is no joke. You never know who's behind the wheel. Could be a cop. Could be a guy on drugs. Could be a psycho with a gun. You never know.

I now have a video camera in my front window, running at all times (30gb SD card in there, so I get many many hours of recording before it automatically erases.) I'm contemplating getting a second one to aim backwards.
                  My shitty camera was only $30 on eBay. It's a piece of crap, but it works. The SD card was about $40. I'd strongly urge anyone who drives a lot (or anyone at all...) to invest in a camera, just to record situations like this. If I had video of what happened in my incident, I'd have 1) gotten off, and 2) gotten the cop in trouble. Instead, it was my word against his, and his meant more because of his badge.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Extremely smart thinking, Henry. I know you can have a temper, and it's a good thing you kept your head in this situation! Calling the cops was the smartest thing you could do, and unless someone is thoroughly shady, nobody could possibly make any of this your fault.

I had a similar situation, though not nearly as dramatic... only the road rager was an off duty cop. I got tickets for things HE did (such as reckless driving), and I had to pay $1200 for a lawyer to fight it. The cop was untouchable, and I couldn't even get a fair day in court to plead my case.
                    Road rage is no joke. You never know who's behind the wheel. Could be a cop. Could be a guy on drugs. Could be a psycho with a gun. You never know.

I now have a video camera in my front window, running at all times (30gb SD card in there, so I get many many hours of recording before it automatically erases.) I'm contemplating getting a second one to aim backwards.
                    My shitty camera was only $30 on eBay. It's a piece of crap, but it works. The SD card was about $40. I'd strongly urge anyone who drives a lot (or anyone at all...) to invest in a camera, just to record situations like this. If I had video of what happened in my incident, I'd have 1) gotten off, and 2) gotten the cop in trouble. Instead, it was my word against his, and his meant more because of his badge.
                    Dr-200 you knwo how many tickets I beat with those. It saves you alot especially when its one persons word against another you have your silent partner with you at all times. I had one guy try to rear end me with my car after I cut in front of him because he was driving too slow.

Then when he sped up talking all kinds of smack I just ignored him he tried to lean his car into mine I sped up and he cut into a cops car I laughed and then when they got pushed the cop turned on his lights like he hit the lotto and jackpot I was outta there.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                      Very smart thinking Henry.

Me personally, I would've let him follow me to my neighborhood, DELIBERATELY! I would have pulled on my block, parked my car (especially now that the weather is getting warm), got out, and post up next to my peoples....

You did the right thing. Sounds like something that I'd do. It was the mature responsible thing to do.

EDIT: I know it seems like a contradiction, but for those who understand, understand.
                      I was about 20 minutes away from the Stateline, and the next closest MSP Barracks is about 15 miles southwest of where I was, while the closest police station was about 9 miles away but in the city of Lowell.

I really REALLY wanted to loose this guy in the back roads because I know of a few that were right off the highway...but I could not risk doing that if it had gotten that far.

It had been raining and yeah some of those roads are not the easiest to navigate when the roads are somewhat slick.

Which is why I pulled that move and got back on the highway. It was weird, you see other people stop and stare you want them to help you out but you feel helpless because you don't know how it could end so you can't stop.

Believe me I can hold my own in a fight..and this guy was literally trying to cause an accident to disable my car, if it I had wrecked it..and he tried to come after me:

Then yeah I can guarantee that scissor jack and my fists would've been thrown.

I could tell you that I'd probably be locked up for causing an accident or worse.

But for some reason..something in me said 'Run' and that's what I did.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Thanks Mike, I do have a temper..but I don't pull stupid moves on the highway. I've been cut off before and I've flipped the other drivers off but I just let it go. I can tell you right now I've never been a chaser nor have I ever been chased up until today.

Don't even get me started on the police thing man..that really sucks, when they're on that side of the law and the can 'pull' strings. I hate how some of them think they're entitled to that status because they wear a badge.

Right now I'm facing a $200 fine for my car..for an exhaust that's deemed 'too loud', although I have the paper work and city rules that technically consider it illegal.

Since when is my WS2 illegal?!

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                      Dr-200 you know how many tickets I beat with those. It saves you a lot especially when its one persons word against another you have your silent partner with you at all times. I had one guy try to rear end me with my car after I cut in front of him because he was driving too slow.

Then when he sped up talking all kinds of smack I just ignored him he tried to lean his car into mine I sped up and he cut into a cops car I laughed and then when they got pushed the cop turned on his lights like he hit the lotto and jackpot I was outta there.

In your somewhat coherent rant..no I didn't have a witness, I wish I did but I was riding solo from work minding my own business. The driver of the other vehicle was around his mid 40's.

Now I'm thinking about mounting a cheap video camera to my car just to be on the safe side. Shit Russia has been doing this for years, apparently it's required by law.

Saves a lot of headaches and word of mouth situations.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      Legend FSM

Comment

Good thinking Henry, that's some scary shit to come across.

Comment

Reminds me, I got a case of road rage once, because I could have been killed by this stupid bitch.

So, I'm sitting at a red light at the intersection, in the left lane (2 lanes all 4 directions). I'm the first car at the line. Light turns green, and just do a quick visual sweep before I go. I take off, and within about a second, out of my peripheral, I see a Chevy Venture grille pretty much in the side of my face.

Yup, this stupid cunt just ran the red light and just about t-boned me. I was in disbelief. And I was angry. I went up to the next block, swung a right, flew down the side street, back the way I came and up onto the street in the direction she was travelling. I chased her down and got up beside her about 3 blocks up at a red light.

Stupid bitch in her 40s or so, head down, texting on her phone. I roll up beside her, windows down, and start yelling every possible expletive in my vocublary. She didn't even look at me. She knew what she did. Dumb cunt. I was so mad that she didn't even respond to me, that I threw at water bottle at her window. Nothing. No reaction. No response. Put her phone down and just looked straight ahead with tunnel vision while I was rage facing.

Probably 10 people witnessed what happened. I didn't care. I really wish I followed her to where she was going and actually said something to her face.

Running a red light because you're texting on your phone is one reason I will shove my foot up your ass.

Never, ever have I been so pissed off by another driver that I actually chased them down and did something about it. But this was something that had she hit me, literally could have killed me or severely injured me.

Comment

well, i wouldnt of risked other people nor my life, i wouldve pulled over as soon as i can and try and confront him. most people are tough guys until you stop and get out of the car. unfortunately, thats the point of time where a lot of people get shot or beat to death.

if it's your time to go then you can't fight it.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                              Trust me. I had a knife..but once you pull out a weapon.

Game over.

We can all try and play heroes but...if you fuck up, you have a lot to loose.
                              for sure, never be the first to pull! but if some prick comes at me with a knife drawn you better believe i'll try to crack him one.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Working...
                              X