Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cooling fans always on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling fans always on

Hi all, first post here, i have just aquired an 93 accord with f22a1, auto. Car was overheating at stops. tested both fans and both where toast. Replaced with good used but now with the ignition on, cold engine, both fans are running even when disconected from both temperature senders, could this be the timer switch? I also replaced fuel pump as it only had 10psi at idle and barely ran. With new pump psi is rock steady at 35 from idle and up. Seems a bit low but I'm new to honda.

It sounds to me like the timer is most certainly at fault here, I see no other reason both fans would run non stop. 35 psi sounds low for any car with multi port, but if it drives fine i wouldnt be too worried. Tomorrow when I can get to my helms manual I will double check what normal fuel pressure is for you.

Comment

it could also be the pressure regulator. Remove the vacuum hose that attaches to the fuel pressure regulator, making sure that the engine is turned off. If gas is in the line, it is bad. If there is none in the line, but when you turn the switch to on, fuel drips out of the hose than it is bad.
      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

If both fans are coming on, easy explanation would be the A/C system is telling them to come on. But, I thought they come on only when the compressor is on.

For 93 model year, fuel pressure should be 30-38psi with vacuum line attached. And 40-47psi when the vacuum line is disconnected.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by STOCKa6 View Post
          It sounds to me like the timer is most certainly at fault here, I see no other reason both fans would run non stop. 35 psi sounds low for any car with multi port, but if it drives fine i wouldnt be too worried. Tomorrow when I can get to my helms manual I will double check what normal fuel pressure is for you.
          Yup, thats what i thought to, i will stop by the wrecker and pu a couple of timers to check out. i will also test the fuel pressure with the vac off and also check the residual pressure when not running.

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
            If both fans are coming on, easy explanation would be the A/C system is telling them to come on. But, I thought they come on only when the compressor is on.

For 93 model year, fuel pressure should be 30-38psi with vacuum line attached. And 40-47psi when the vacuum line is disconnected.
            Thats what is confusing me, but then I dont know if both fans are supposed to run on the timer when the engine is still hot after the ign. is off?

Comment

I believe the time comes online when the ignition is in off position and the engine is very hot. Hot enough to activate the second temp sensor. And when it is activated it should power up the radiator fan only.

Please have some one confirm this while I don't have time to check the wiring diagram myself.
              A&P-IA

Comment

When I did my H22 swap I accidentally plugged the temp sensor wires in the wrong order and this made the fans to stay on no matter what temp the engine was.

Try swapping the wires around from the water neck, intake manifold and the head to see if maybe they are not in the correct order.
                1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

with the ignition on and the engine off(which is how your first post sounds) if the air conditioner is on the clutch will still engage and both fans will run. It could be as simple as the air being turned on, or their could be a fault in the A/C on signal wiring. But it still sounds as though you have a timer issue as long as the air is off.

Comment

kinda off the topic but i notices my fan only come on around a min after i turn my car off . it never come on when driving tho but my motor stays cold.is this normal? just kinda wondering sints were on this subject

Comment

Originally posted by dayzielynn View Post
                      kinda off the topic but i notices my fan only come on around a min after i turn my car off . it never come on when driving tho but my motor stays cold.is this normal? just kinda wondering sints were on this subject
                      can you smell your motor because our cars have engine's . jk
                      you should be fine . mine don't always come on well driving unless its 100 + degrees out side .
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

with the ignition on and the engine off(which is how your first post sounds) if the air conditioner is on the clutch will still engage and both fans will run. It could be as simple as the air being turned on, or their could be a fault in the A/C on signal wiring. But it still sounds as though you have a timer issue as long as the air is off.
                        Ok, here we go,.... ign on, engine not running and cold, temp senders A and B both plugged back in (or not plugged in) both fans are running. Start engine and both fans continue to run. Uplugged the cooling fan Relay, it stopped but the condenser fan keeps running. The A/C does not work as far as i know. The A/C light does not come on when the switch is depressed and it does not blow cold. Now from looking at the wiring diagram it appears that the A/C unit converses with the cooling sysem control( timer?)via the ECU unit? I will try resetting the ECU this morning with the second timer unit installes and see what happens. If the problem persists then I will assume its the ECU. now to that end the engine is a f22a1. iI will probably be doing some simple(ie cheap) upgrades such as a header swap etc so what options should I consider for an good ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by ssondubs View Post
                          When I did my H22 swap I accidentally plugged the temp sensor wires in the wrong order and this made the fans to stay on no matter what temp the engine was.

Try swapping the wires around from the water neck, intake manifold and the head to see if maybe they are not in the correct order.
                          nope they are correct according to the wiring diagram, white with blue stripe goes to the front

Comment

never thought, but i will check to make sure the compressor is off, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                              I believe the time comes online when the ignition is in off position and the engine is very hot. Hot enough to activate the second temp sensor. And when it is activated it should power up the radiator fan only.

Please have some one confirm this while I don't have time to check the wiring diagram myself.
                              Yes, thats correct the higher temp switch sends a signal to the timer to turn on when the engine is sill hot and the timer will then run the fan(fans?) until it cools down or a set time elapses. my problem is the fans dont run with the ign off only when it is on and regardless of temperature, tis very confusing it is

Comment

Working...
                              X