No announcement yet.

wagon.spec : 1991 Accord EX-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that was a good battle, you were faster than him if you both were in isolation, but it really shows how racing behind someone faster than you can improve your line. That was happening to you when the Bimmers past you.

A lot of people were going two off and four off in front of you, but I only saw the white integra that had a field day in the grass get called in. Do they call in two wheel off cars as well for a chat?
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
      Yes, that was a good battle, you were faster than him if you both were in isolation, but it really shows how racing behind someone faster than you can improve your line. That was happening to you when the Bimmers past you.

A lot of people were going two off and four off in front of you, but I only saw the white integra that had a field day in the grass get called in. Do they call in two wheel off cars as well for a chat?
      I let the beamers go so as not to ruin their class race. But since this was a race group they don't really black flag anyone unless you've really made an ass of yourself. I'm shooting for August to have the car back out there. Hopefully fixing some of my issues and dropping a second or so off my lap time. I ran a 2:17 during the race which was a personal best for me. But the fastest in Honda Challenge 2 are running 2:11s/2:12s so I need to find some more speed haha.
      IG: H2wagon
      https://www.youtube.com/@H2wagon

Comment

Update: BIG WANG

Nine lives racing big wang is now mounted. Looking to run closer to the front this season! Also I have cut another 50-60lbs out of the car thanks to some advice from KarlK on the doors.
        I am trying to post a picture of it but apparently I suck at life....
        Last edited by wagon.spec; 06-11-2020, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wagon.spec View Post
          Nine lives racing big wang is now mounted. Looking to run closer to the front this season! Also I have cut another 50-60lbs out of the car thanks to some advice from KarlK on the doors.
          I am trying to post a picture of it but apparently I suck at life....
          Big Wang Gang!!! Good luck this season boss!!! Hooray for wagons!!!!
          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          My coupe!!!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

I can't get enough of how serious this thing is, with the cage and the weight-saving measures. Too cool. Any special aero going on in the front?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

this thing is a beast! nice work!!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

this is a nice build to see.

you got me thinking about the brake master cylinder. does it come with a new reservoir cap or are you using the oem on it? later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I just looked into Nine Lives Racing and they actually use the word "wang" when describing anything related to that part. Real R&D behind it, too, it looks like.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

New and sexy update

I really appreciate the love from all of you guys that were answering my questions on here 11 years ago when I picked up my first CB7. I asked some really stupid questions before I bought my first car. I wanted to make sure the intake manifold on the accords were aluminum because I was 100% spraying it and had just watched a cobalt? explode its plastic intake with a back fire haha. (dont laugh too hard, I had never even seen an engine bay on a cb7 at this point lol)
                    But anyway, I actually did put a 150 shot on my 200k mile f22a with a Zex wet kit and did some street car 1v1 racing on a short oval track, called Wacky Wednesday at Langley Speedway.
                    My buddy wrecked my 92 coupe there and gave me the wagon shell and $500 for my trouble. And now here we are, I am setting up metal plate diffs instead of trying to confirm an intake is metal

Originally posted by Daheavyking View Post
                    Big Wang Gang!!! Good luck this season boss!!! Hooray for wagons!!!!
                    Thanks, man. I didn't make it out until this past weekend (9/12-9/13) but my god. With the new go fast parts I ran 2.5 seconds faster than my previous personal best and I battled it out with some of those B18C5 powered cars. I have a video up on youtube for that race, it was legitimately exciting https://youtu.be/UUrryBGV6m4

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                    this thing is a beast! nice work!!
                    Thank you mike. I definitely have gotten my fair share of info from misc stuff you have done. Feel like this is fitting of the metaphor "standing on the shoulders of giants." Definitely love to see yall still passionate about this chassis.

Originally posted by TypeG
                    this is a nice build to see.

you got me thinking about the brake master cylinder. does it come with a new reservoir cap or are you using the oem on it? later.
                    I'm not sure I follow but I will try to answer. I am using the EM1 master cylinder. I bought it new from Honda with the reservoir and cap. And I am using the Honed Developments brake booster delete kit. I absolutely love the brake set up. It is super consistent and very easy to modulate.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                    I can't get enough of how serious this thing is, with the cage and the weight-saving measures. Too cool. Any special aero going on in the front?
                    Thank you man. The car is now down to 2660 with 1/4 tank and me in it. More weight reduction to come.
                    As for the front end, rules are quite specific and state that a splitter cant extend beyond the outline of the car when viewed from above. Well our bumper allows for probably the largest splitter in Honda Challenge. So I have a decently large blade I made from wood sheathing 13/32 iirc. Made a second one for when it breaks, which is also why its made out of a cheap material. And then I used some various stuff to make a semi flexible air damn to fill the gap.

And yes, wang gang, big wang, etc. He absolutely does. It's a nice break from all the overly PC stuff lately. I really would like one of the "Big Wang Gang" hoodies he has.

Here is what it looks like up front.

So not all my info is super up to date and I will try to correct that as I have the time.
                    But the "Big Wang" is absolutely awesome. The car is insane. I just beat my personal best at VIR by 2.5 seconds with 3 mods.

Wang and home made front splitter
                    Wilwood fronts
                    and
                    Still running 225/45/15 but now on a 8" wheel instead of 7" and it performs so much better. I will have better pics out once the awesome photographer with NASA posts his pictures, but for now I will share what I have!

If you guys follow me on instagram or dm me on there, I have no problem adding some of you OG guys on facebook where I post most frequently about the car build at racing. Just DM and let me know your name.
                    Last edited by wagon.spec; 09-16-2020, 04:47 AM.

Comment

"Still running 225/45/15 but now on a 8" wheel instead of 7" and it performs so much better. "

Can you comment on this. Do you rub on full turn? (on shock , on radius rod or upper body area). From my knowledge I always thought a 225 would rub on the fender and rub when doing a full turn. And having an 8" wide wheel would definitely run on a full turn. Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        "Still running 225/45/15 but now on a 8" wheel instead of 7" and it performs so much better. "

Can you comment on this. Do you rub on full turn? (on shock , on radius rod or upper body area). From my knowledge I always thought a 225 would rub on the fender and rub when doing a full turn. And having an 8" wide wheel would definitely run on a full turn. Your thoughts?
                        the 15x7 with a 225 are +35
                        the 15x8 are +25

Specification | Sidewall | Radius | Diameter | Circumference | Revs/Mile | Difference
                        195/60-15 | 4.6in | 12.1in | 24.2in | 76.1in | 833 | 0.0%
                        225/45-15 | 4.0in | 11.5in | 23.0in | 72.2in | 878 |-5.1%

^this may have something to do with why it fits as well as it does. I am running a slightly smaller diameter than stock tire. And its possible many guys say 225s rub because theyre running 17s or something and using a 26" tall tire.

Does that make sense? Caffeine hasn't kicked in yet today.
                        Last edited by wagon.spec; 09-16-2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

love the car man. The track video looks like so much fun. Its crazy the weight you have with rollcage and everything. What front brake/spindle setup are you using? looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by chipocb7 View Post
                            love the car man. The track video looks like so much fun. Its crazy the weight you have with rollcage and everything. What front brake/spindle setup are you using? looks great.
                            Thanks man. It really is the most fun I have in life. But its stock knuckles, ROH conversion with the 9899tl hub
                            Then fast brakes machined the rotor hat to fit, used their supplier for rotors, FastBrakes caliper bracket and a wilwood superlite 6r. It is very tight, I had to move the wheel weights further in on the rim or they would hit the caliper.

Comment

Love the racing vids. It is always entertaining to watch this car working over the more typical race modified Hondas.
                              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by wagon.spec View Post
                                the 15x7 with a 225 are +35
                                the 15x8 are +25

Specification | Sidewall | Radius | Diameter | Circumference | Revs/Mile | Difference
                                195/60-15 | 4.6in | 12.1in | 24.2in | 76.1in | 833 | 0.0%
                                225/45-15 | 4.0in | 11.5in | 23.0in | 72.2in | 878 |-5.1%

^this may have something to do with why it fits as well as it does. I am running a slightly smaller diameter than stock tire. And its possible many guys say 225s rub because theyre running 17s or something and using a 26" tall tire.

Does that make sense? Caffeine hasn't kicked in yet today.

Yes, that makes sense. Forgot to ask about the offset of these. I've been running a 40 offset max.

Comment

Working...
                                X