Fuel Pump or Relay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump or Relay??

Hey guys, I have a 1992 Accord with an H22. Anyways, today the car would not start. After maybe 10 cranks then letting it sit for a minute, it finaly started. I started to notice that I wasn't hearing the fuel pump kick on, then I finaly heard it, and it started. My question, is this the fuel pump going out, or is possibly the relay? I don't want to drop the tank if I don't have to. Thanks

well to check the relay just get a 9 volt batery and put it across the terminals make sure you try everyone cuz i dont remember its like 68 and 70 or something but youll here it click on one of them when you try it then its GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by AsheCb7
      well to check the relay just get a 9 volt batery and put it across the terminals make sure you try everyone cuz i dont remember its like 68 and 70 or something but youll here it click on one of them when you try it then its GOOD
      wtf?

Comment

checking the main relay is just hearing the click in the beginning.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If you turn the key to the point just before you start the car (don't try starting it yet) the check engine light should stay on for a couple secounds. When, and if, it goes out you should hear a "click". that's the main relay.

If the check engine light stays on and you don't hear any clicks then the main relay is likely bad.
          I don't think you'll need to get a new fuel pump. those don't go out that often afaik

This should help you out:
          http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...ght=main+relay
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X