X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it would be no good... but man I miss being in the CB game

Oh man...

I know, I know...

The Maxima's not takin too well to being slammed... and I'm too stubborn to raise it. I need a new tranny, apparently, more on that upon inquiry...

But in any case, it's too big, it doesn't look that good and the rear beam sucks. The engine is the saving grace, and even that comes with a price... 16mpg city driving.

Thank God I don't have to drive to work.

In any case once I get the tranny replaced I think I'm gonna move on. CBs are too old... next victim? G20, or more likely, 3rd gen 4dr Integra, with a fucking sunroof. Slammed, I/H/E, light system just how I like it.

Though... a 92-92 EX coupe wouldn't be hard to find... an SE would be a search, but also a treasure... 5spd trannys are dirt cheap and abundant, even for the Prelude Si... I could do it right this time...

Ahhh, I've been there before. For real though I think I'm gonna get an Integra by the end of the year. Anyone know how they compare to a Maxima or CB?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Stop slamming your damn cars. That's causing half your problems.

Do it right? Wasn't that the purpose of the Maxima?

I don't mean to be a dick, but all you ever do is whine about your car sitting too high, then you slam it and whine about the resulting problems.

I dunno man. I don't see you ever being comfortable with any car you choose.

Comment

93 Accord SE

....Hey man I got that mint condition (rare) Se for you.....ready to sell.....see sig line.....hit me up if you need pics!!!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
      ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

buy a car already low from the factory
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          The engine is the saving grace, and even that comes with a price... 16mpg city driving.
          Fix it.

I get at least 25.
          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Get a CB7. You already know how to work on them. Then, get an airbag system. You can raise and lower it as you please.

OR, sell the Maxima, walk for a while, get rich... and buy 3 cars. One to be stock and reliable, one to be fun, and one to look nice. One of them... any of them could be... a CB7.

Comment

I told you to get a bb6...no regrets man...
              Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
              Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64 View Post
                That seems to be a fair compromise in your situation GloryAccord, something new, with a very nice engine and takes very well to mods. RSX may even tickle your fancy a little bit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64 View Post
                  x2 bb6 ftw,
                  Integras are nice but you have to worry about theft. Parts are cheap and can be easily bought. Its pretty rare to see a 5th gen prelude driving around, and I dont think alot of theives are after them.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                    That seems to be a fair compromise in your situation GloryAccord, something new, with a very nice engine and takes very well to mods. RSX may even tickle your fancy a little bit as well.
                    I'd stay away from the RSX here (a bb6 may not be bad though). Head over to the ClubRSX forums, the DC5 chassis doesn't handle lowering that well...if you slam that car to the ground, it's guaranteed to ride, and handle, like crap. I like the idea of an airbag system on the next car, like deev mentioned. It seems like a good investment if you really want to be slammed that much.

Comment

my bb6 is slammed n no tire gap. 205 50 16 profile tire.

and i still have good ground clearance.

make sure you have good shocks that can handle the drop aswell. im slammed on full coilovers. i paid 900 bucks for my whole set and so far the performance is outstanding. you gotta pay to play!

bad shocks = more stress on your axles = cv boot tear or broken axles.

heres my car in action
                      Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 06-24-2008, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        Oh man...

I know, I know...

The Maxima's not takin too well to being slammed... and I'm too stubborn to raise it. I need a new tranny, apparently, more on that upon inquiry...

But in any case, it's too big, it doesn't look that good and the rear beam sucks. The engine is the saving grace, and even that comes with a price... 16mpg city driving.

Thank God I don't have to drive to work.

In any case once I get the tranny replaced I think I'm gonna move on. CBs are too old... next victim? G20, or more likely, 3rd gen 4dr Integra, with a fucking sunroof. Slammed, I/H/E, light system just how I like it.

Though... a 92-92 EX coupe wouldn't be hard to find... an SE would be a search, but also a treasure... 5spd trannys are dirt cheap and abundant, even for the Prelude Si... I could do it right this time...

Ahhh, I've been there before. For real though I think I'm gonna get an Integra by the end of the year. Anyone know how they compare to a Maxima or CB?
                        They are nice cars, but they REALLY have no torque, but they scream and are like go carts.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

What, G20s or Integras?

Honestly, any car is what you make of it... as long as its capable of doing what you need. The Maxima obviously isn't a "slamming" car. An Integra would be much better suited to such a thing. The key is to do it right. Don't halfass, don't modify before you have a car worth modifying (which, for an old car, means lots of repiars and maintenance!) and don't have anyone do something for you unless you at least have an idea of what they're doing. The guy that says "yeah, I know how to do that!" may not know any better than you... and when it comes to your car, you can be damn certain that he doesn't care as much either!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            What, G20s or Integras?

Honestly, any car is what you make of it... as long as its capable of doing what you need. The Maxima obviously isn't a "slamming" car. An Integra would be much better suited to such a thing. The key is to do it right. Don't halfass, don't modify before you have a car worth modifying (which, for an old car, means lots of repiars and maintenance!) and don't have anyone do something for you unless you at least have an idea of what they're doing. The guy that says "yeah, I know how to do that!" may not know any better than you... and when it comes to your car, you can be damn certain that he doesn't care as much either!
                            yupyup,
                            oh and that bb6 up there looks amazing.
                            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

It may sound biased because I own one, but i say keep a lookout for a nicely kept BB6... It sounds like the most well rounded candidate in your position.
                              1993 CB7
                              2001 BB6

Comment

Working...
                              X