Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got something today:
    Pioneer DEH-6000UB
    My 2 year old Kenwood KDC-MP332 was working fine, but since the cost and usability of headunits with integrated iPod control has improved, I wanted to upgrade. This way I can access my current library of 12,000 songs easier at my fingertips.

You can always use the auxiliary input found on most recievers to play an iPod or other mp3 player, which is what I had been doing for the past 4 years. The first was an Aiwa with front aux input, found that the front input made the dash look cluttered, then swiched to a Kenwood that had rear input, and played MP3 cds. But then, you are still using battery up on the iPod, and you have to deal with the clickwheel and it sliding around the cabin.
    Now, I upgraded to the Pioneer where I run a USB cable to my glovebox and plug the iPod in, I control the 80 gb iPod from the receiver, and it stays charged in the glovebox, and uses a better line-level input.

I installed this new headunit today, not changing any of my other bits of my setup, and noticed that the sound was a bit clearer, I figure this is because the Pioneer unit has 4 volt pre-amp outputs, whereas my old Kenwood only had 2 volt pre-amp outs. I guess this means I am going to have to re-tune my 4 channel amp now. Sound is still great, possibly better. Plus it has a bad-ass look and motorized face.
    Now I have the choice of terrestrial radio, satelite radio (with my separate Sirius tuner), CD, or iPod.

Enough chatter, time for pics

I got this sticker the other night:
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

No Smoking. Nice choice.
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

nice sticker bro!
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...06#post1675306 <~My Ride*
        1991 Satin Silver 2dr EX (sold to RonRon) Project car*

~CBSleepy~

Comment

is the usb port up front? Doesn't look like it...incognito ftw

my cell has an fm transmitter (i need to get a signal booster...) and it plays mp3's...micro sd card so up to 4 gig...it's no 80 gig. Do you have that even nearly full ?

Looks good man!
          ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            is the usb port up front? Doesn't look like it...incognito ftw

my cell has an fm transmitter (i need to get a signal booster...) and it plays mp3's...micro sd card so up to 4 gig...it's no 80 gig. Do you have that even nearly full ?

Looks good man!
            Everything in the rear is awesome. I ran the cable over to the glove box for full stealth mode.

Right now there is only 7.7 gb free on this iPod. Give me 6 more months and I think I'll be buying a 160gb iPod.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
              Everything in the rear is awesome. I ran the cable over to the glove box for full stealth mode.

Right now there is only 7.7 gb free on this iPod. Give me 6 more months and I think I'll be buying a 160gb iPod.
              Good luck with that. They stopped making the 160's for now. all 120's if you buy new.

but i also prefer USB in the back of the stereo. looks tons cleaner

Comment

nice cb man, i love that first picture, your neighborhood looks so peaceful

anyhow, i like your car amigo

Comment

For anyone who didn't already know:

On Thursday morning on my way to class, I was sitting in some good old fashioned traffic putting along in 1st, using the clutch a lot.

Once when I was letting the clutch out I heard this noise, and when i came to a stop the car stalled with the clutch pedal pushed in. I started the car in neutral and found out that the trans did not want to go into first gear with the clutch pressed.

I drove the rest of the way to school by starting the car in 1st gear whenever I came to a stop, and rev-matching all shifts not even using the clutch pedal, because it did not do anything. Drove home the same way.

Clutch hydraulics were functioning properly. Best I could figure is that the throwout bearing is bad, because the clutch still gripped fine, so the clutch disc did not shatter, and the pressure plate held it still.

Pushed the car backwards into my garage, that was fun, my driveway has a bit of a slope.

Found out on Friday, when I planned on pulling the trans and replacing the throwout bearing, that out of 4 dealerships in Charlotte, none had a throwout bearing. I am not going to put anything but OEM in there, the last one was not.

Pulled the trans tonight after I got back from autocross. Clutch looked fine, flywheel still attached to crank.

Took throwout bearing off the fork, tried to spin it. No dice. Bitch is seized up.

Gotta work all day tomorrow, gonna put the trans back in Tuesday between classes.

This throwout bearing was included in my Exedy clutch kit. When I originally put it in, it whined like a son of a bitch on startup until I stalled it once, and most of the noise went away. 13k miles later, here we are:
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

damn.

Which style did you order from honda? the one like that or the koyo one like i have?

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
                      damn.

Which style did you order from honda? the one like that or the koyo one like i have?
                      I don't fucking know. I just know it will be OEM, and I need to fix this shit.
                      Shit, fuck, piss.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Auto ftw...?? (Again)

Whatd you pay from the dealer, btw?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                          auto Ftw...?? (again)

Whatd You Pay From The Dealer, Btw?
                          $45.
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                            For anyone who didn't already know:

On Thursday morning on my way to class, I was sitting in some good old fashioned traffic putting along in 1st, using the clutch a lot.

Once when I was letting the clutch out I heard this noise, and when i came to a stop the car stalled with the clutch pedal pushed in. I started the car in neutral and found out that the trans did not want to go into first gear with the clutch pressed.

I drove the rest of the way to school by starting the car in 1st gear whenever I came to a stop, and rev-matching all shifts not even using the clutch pedal, because it did not do anything. Drove home the same way.

Clutch hydraulics were functioning properly. Best I could figure is that the throwout bearing is bad, because the clutch still gripped fine, so the clutch disc did not shatter, and the pressure plate held it still.

Pushed the car backwards into my garage, that was fun, my driveway has a bit of a slope.

Found out on Friday, when I planned on pulling the trans and replacing the throwout bearing, that out of 4 dealerships in Charlotte, none had a throwout bearing. I am not going to put anything but OEM in there, the last one was not.

Pulled the trans tonight after I got back from autocross. Clutch looked fine, flywheel still attached to crank.

Took throwout bearing off the fork, tried to spin it. No dice. Bitch is seized up.

Gotta work all day tomorrow, gonna put the trans back in Tuesday between classes.

This throwout bearing was included in my Exedy clutch kit. When I originally put it in, it whined like a son of a bitch on startup until I stalled it once, and most of the noise went away. 13k miles later, here we are:
                            Damn, i pulled my tranny out friday because it was doing the same things. BUt the reason mine messed up because te pivot point for the fork broke and the fork was pushed all the way back, so i had to take my tranny out and put another one in.
                            Thats funny we both had to fix our tanny over the weekend. I have and extra throwout bearing if u want it from the other tranny i had.

Members Ride thread

Comment

Sorry about the TB.

OEM only homie.

Nice Ipod setup too. I have similar setup with mine. Do you just use USB, or do you have the integrated control cababilities too? I am assuming that you have that as well. I have a 160GB iPod. Totally worth it.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                                Sorry about the TB.

OEM only homie.

Nice Ipod setup too. I have similar setup with mine. Do you just use USB, or do you have the integrated control cababilities too? I am assuming that you have that as well. I have a 160GB iPod. Totally worth it.
                                I know, I wasn't about to even get a NAPA part to be able to get it done Friday so I could race today.

I have the integrated control capabilities. I love it. I had to drive my mom's '09 Corolla the other day, and it sucked having to use the aux input through the headphone jack.
                                Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X