Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

02 sensor problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply splice the wires. Use large gauge wire to do the splicing as to avoid adding additional resistance in the circuit. Try and keep as much of the original wire as possible.

Comment

quick question:

Does the A6 header flow any better than the A1 header?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
      ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

if u do splice the wires, wuldnt soldering them be just fine,
        with no resistance issues??

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post
          quick question:

Does the A6 header flow any better than the A1 header?
          yes, both the a4 and the a6 exhaust manifolds are supposed to flow better than the a1.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            yes, both the a4 and the a6 exhaust manifolds are supposed to flow better than the a1.
            With the after market header was what I was asking...my bad I didnt make that very clear.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol

Comment

With the after market header was what I was asking...my bad I didnt make that very clear.
              Ok, You're REALLY a newbie! Welcome to the import tuner scene! An aftermarket header replaces the OEM exhaust manifold. You have to remove the a1/4/6 manifold to install a header. An aftermarket header will generally flow better than the stock manifold. Some people refer to the a4 and a6 manifolds as headers because of the better flow design they have. The a4 is actually a tubular design like a header, and the a6 is cast, but still has a higher rate of flow than the cast a1 manifold.

Hope that clears things up for you a little bit.

Comment

Ok, You're REALLY a newbie! Welcome to the import tuner scene! An aftermarket header replaces the OEM exhaust manifold. You have to remove the a1/4/6 manifold to install a header. An aftermarket header will generally flow better than the stock manifold. Some people refer to the a4 and a6 manifolds as headers because of the better flow design they have. The a4 is actually a tubular design like a header, and the a6 is cast, but still has a higher rate of flow than the cast a1 manifold.

Hope that clears things up for you a little bit.
                WOW...I haven't been called a newbie in a while now....lol

I was trying to help bring clarification to the OP that bought a header made for a A6, but his engine is a A1, so he had to of course extend the O2 sensor, but out of curiosity, I was just wondering was the design of that aftermarket header for the A6 supposedly any better.....but I am beginning to think it prolly aint. They just put the O2 sensor bung in a different location...and its the same exact header other than that, with the same flow characteristics

Thanks though...

Comment

WOW...I haven't been called a newbie in a while now....lol

I was trying to help bring clarification to the OP that bought a header made for a A6, but his engine is a A1, so he had to of course extend the O2 sensor, but out of curiosity, I was just wondering was the design of that aftermarket header for the A6 supposedly any better.....but I am beginning to think it prolly aint. They just put the O2 sensor bung in a different location...and its the same exact header other than that, with the same flow characteristics

Thanks though...
                  I thought you'd enjoy the irony!
                  Any header for the f22aX is going to flow at least a little better than stock. The only difference is bung location and most will have both bung holes and a bolt to close off the unused one.

Comment

I thought you'd enjoy the irony!
                    Any header for the f22aX is going to flow at least a little better than stock. The only difference is bung location and most will have both bung holes and a bolt to close off the unused one.

No doubt...just looking out for my brother (the OP)...as I understand it you have a son on this forum as well?

Comment

No doubt...just looking out for my brother (the OP)...as I understand it you have a son on this forum as well?
                      Yeah, two actually, Snowboarder2153 and BlueBlur4138 (I have no idea what those numbers are supposed to represent. kids.) Sb is 15, BB is 16 and neither of them have a car or license yet, but they're getting interested. Sb seems more into it, he's always bragging about my coupe to his friends. If I pick him up somewhere, he wants me to roll in bumping and downshifting, then we have to launch it when we leave, and if it's dark he wants to roll the undercar lights. When one of his friends rides in the coupe for the first time, he wants me to launch for them.
                      The funniest thing I've heard out of any of them was his "tough guy" buddy. I rolled out of the stop sign and gave it WOT through first gear and then dropped it into second and ran it up to the 50 mph speed limit. Before I could finish second gear, tough guy says (in a shaky voice) "Oh shit, that doesn't feel safe!" He told me no one has ever launched a car with him in it before and that it felt like one of those rollercoasters that shoot you off from the beginning!
                      Sb also prowls the forums, and is trying to learn what he can without having his own car to work on. BB is learning some things, but he's more into tagged and myspace than cars. I think he's just showing interest so I'll buy him a beater cb7 to work on and drive, but mostly to drive.

Comment

Working...
                      X