Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

relocating battery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

relocating battery.

Hey guys is there a DIY on relocating your battery to the trunk. Thanks.

yes sir

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

positive battery cable runs from positive post to the starter and splits from that wire to the fuse box, negative you can just jump off to a bolt in the trunk somewhere I can throw up some pics of mine if you want

CHRIS (◣_◢)

Comment

19TcappaLX

yeah let me see those pics. it sound pretty EZ.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=109732

Comment

19TcappaLX

thanks for the help,so no inline fuse is needed.and 2 gauge cable is best and a box for the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by 19TcappaLX View Post
              thanks for the help,so no inline fuse is needed.and 2 gauge cable is best and a box for the battery.
              actually zero guage wire is best. No inline fuse is needed as long as the wire is good enough.

Also, make sure you make yourself a positive and negative terminal block under the hood; this will come in handy when you have auxiliary items to connect on to the power.

Best is a sealed, no maintenance, battery; if you have a non sealed alkaline battery, you need to pick up a sealed box and a ventilation tube.

Last edited by CustomLowz; 11-13-2008, 10:10 AM.
              DEVOTE

Comment

I used 2 gauge cable that I bought from advance (under 2 dollars a foot), got the battery box from walmart, and used quick disconnect ends just for my benefit...the whole project cost about 30 dollars and made the engine bay look alot cleaner...sorry I haven't been on here in a few days if you still want some detailed pics I can take some and post them up for you its no big deal

CHRIS (◣_◢)

Comment

Originally posted by H22A4CB7 View Post
                  I used 2 gauge cable that I bought from advance (under 2 dollars a foot), got the battery box from walmart, and used quick disconnect ends just for my benefit...the whole project cost about 30 dollars and made the engine bay look alot cleaner...sorry I haven't been on here in a few days if you still want some detailed pics I can take some and post them up for you its no big deal
                  i would like pics just to see how hard this is..i have been wannting to do this for awhile

Comment

tasauto.com has a kit if you wanna go the easy but more expensive route

USDM as F$CK

Comment

i want to relocate mine but i got some big ass subs in the trunk so idk how that would work out! whale penis intake

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Just as lokuputha said, also run some blocks. They run about 10-20 at walmart and make life easier when it comes time to wire in a new circuit.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                        X