Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

jdm engines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm engines.

want to know do all jdm engine have to run 93 octane gas,will 87 cause problems?

Yes , depending on their compression ratio.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

the non vtec ones should be fine. the vtec dohc ones have higher compression and should run 93 octane

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
        the non vtec ones should be fine. the vtec dohc ones have higher compression and should run 93 octane
        On top of those, I'm pretty sure the H23A DOHC non VTEC takes premium. I think that's one of the only non VTEC engines that requires it.
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

ive ran 87 a few times. just wouldnt recommend at all!

no
          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R View Post
            On top of those, I'm pretty sure the H23A DOHC non VTEC takes premium. I think that's one of the only non VTEC engines that requires it.
            that is a usdm engine though. the japanese got the f22b dohc instead of the h23. but yes i believe you are right.

Comment

how about 91 octane?

Comment

If you don't bypass the knock senser put what you want in it...
                Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 01-09-2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I run 91 octane and it runs fine. I should honestly run a higher octane but California only offers 91 in common gas stations. Octane booster might help, but I'm a little skeptical about those types of products. I wonder if they actually work or have an effect.

Anyway, 87 would be too low. Your car wouldn't run as efficient as it should.
                  Stick with 91 and above.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

thank guys i'm stock right now looking at the f22b for my swap.93 octane is so high i might just stay stock .

Comment

you cant afford an extra 50 cents a gallon? your in the wrong game if thats the case buddy.

anyway the f22b should be fine on 87. its not a high compression motor.

Comment

must be nice to be able to get 93 at the pump. 91 is the highest they have here in AZ. and i agree that if you do not want to spend the extra money for the higher octane gas than i would suggest you leave your motor as stock as possible other than i /h /e.

Comment

ok thats good to know about the f22b,just looking ahead down the road on my expenses.

Comment

Why are you guys running such high octane? Unless you got some crazy NA build,running nitrious or boosted,anything over 91 is pointless.

Just my .02 cents
                            www.PreludePower.com
                            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by 19TcappaLX View Post
                              thank guys i'm stock right now looking at the f22b for my swap.93 octane is so high i might just stay stock .
                              Man just get the JDM F22B because that motor has a lower compression ratio than my USDM H23 and I run 89 octane with no problems.
                              www.PreludePower.com
                              BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Working...
                              X