Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

02 sensor problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 sensor problem.

hey guys i need a little help,just got my DC sport header to bolt on my f22a1 and the 02 sensor is on the down pipe and not the header.what do i need to do.

Make your own extension.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

ok is there a DIY on this.

Comment

Cut the wires. Splice on more wire. There's your DIY.

If that's too difficult for you to do without someone holding your hand, then you shouldn't be doing it.

Ordering a header for the F22A1 instead of the F22A6 would have been the better option... They SHOULD make different headers, with the bung in the correct place.

Comment

so i got a a6 header didn't know that,got it use with the cat back megaphone DUNK.i'll try to make it work ,thanks.

Comment

This is the beginner section and that is a good question. Assuming you didnt know up front that what you purchased (used) was for the A6 and not the A1.....the DYI with extending the wires sounds like a good workaround.

I see you live in NC...if you need some help, holla at me and I will meet up with you and help you firgure it out

Ahhh...and I see you got an Apexi Dunk....they are some nice sounding exhausts man...and a rare item because I believe they are discontinued by Apexi! Good luck with the install and if you need help holla.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
            ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

hi,

instead of me creating a new thread, i would like to ask how i would be able to know if my O2 sensor is still in good condition or not and if i need to replace it already.

thanks!
              1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2, CB7, F22A1, Bordeaux Red Pearl; Makati City, Philippines
              Member: Accord Tuners (AT) of Honda Club Philippines (HCP) aka tibo_3rd

Comment

thanks bro but i think i'm going to give a try.just got the APEXI DUNK and for a good deal with the header.just got to extend my 02 sensor wires i should be ready to ride out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post
                  This is the beginner section and that is a good question. Assuming you didnt know up front that what you purchased (used) was for the A6 and not the A1.....the DYI with extending the wires sounds like a good workaround.

I see you live in NC...if you need some help, holla at me and I will meet up with you and help you firgure it out

Ahhh...and I see you got an Apexi Dunk....they are some nice sounding exhausts man...and a rare item because I believe they are discontinued by Apexi! Good luck with the install and if you need help holla.
                  lol watch out for tony he'll try to buy ur shit off you!!! lmao!! :-)

the beast : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137926

Comment

Originally posted by peejayreyes View Post
                    hi,

instead of me creating a new thread, i would like to ask how i would be able to know if my O2 sensor is still in good condition or not and if i need to replace it already.

thanks!
                    you might need a new 02 sensor when CEL come on and then pull the code.

Comment

If it is original, replace it. If you are throwing any oxygen sensor or fuel system error codes, replace it. If your gas mileage is terrible, replace it (it may or may not fix it).

If you are in doubt, replace it.

However, ONLY use an OEM Honda o2 sensor. From Honda. The cheaper aftermarket ones such as Bosch do not work properly for our cars, and will not help you. You'd be better off giving me $60 and sticking with your old sensor. The effect would be the same (except I would have $60, so it would be better than totally throwing it away at Autozone!)

Comment

If you still need it passord jdm has ready made extention so that you don't have to cut and splice your harness. I think cutting and splicing makes the resistance a little bit higher because of the loss on the splice.

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-O...P1767C320.aspx

Comment

Also, when you do cut and extend the wires, ensure that you keep them neatly together, use shrink tube if possible, and keep them from hitting your exhaust pipe as it will melt them.
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by woopwooph22 View Post
                            lol watch out for tony he'll try to buy ur shit off you!!! lmao!! :-)

LOL...wanna sell me your H22?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
                            ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

hi,

thanks for the tips. my CEL hasn't gone on yet. it's just that the sensor is still original and hasn't been replaced since we got the car. so, i was just wondering if it's stil doing its job.

Originally posted by 19TcappaLX View Post
                              you might need a new 02 sensor when CEL come on and then pull the code.
                              Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              If it is original, replace it. If you are throwing any oxygen sensor or fuel system error codes, replace it. If your gas mileage is terrible, replace it (it may or may not fix it).

If you are in doubt, replace it.

However, ONLY use an OEM Honda o2 sensor. From Honda. The cheaper aftermarket ones such as Bosch do not work properly for our cars, and will not help you. You'd be better off giving me $60 and sticking with your old sensor. The effect would be the same (except I would have $60, so it would be better than totally throwing it away at Autozone!)
                              1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2, CB7, F22A1, Bordeaux Red Pearl; Makati City, Philippines
                              Member: Accord Tuners (AT) of Honda Club Philippines (HCP) aka tibo_3rd

Comment

Working...
                              X