Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
    I did read. Aftermarket is a VERY vague term. I could, say, go purchase a PROPERLY sized ~64-68mm throttle body, and get gains. Or I could be a moron and purchase a huge ass 72mm throttle body, and lose a shit ton of low end torque and drop gas mileage. Your argument holds no water either way.
    Clearly that is what I said. "going with larger aftermarker TB (other than stock) will kill your gas milage" and I experienced with 2 of them, 72mm and 75mm.....

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
      Clearly that is what I said. "going with larger aftermarker TB (other than stock) will kill your gas milage" and I experienced with 2 of them, 72mm and 75mm.....
      That's why you pick proper parts, not just the biggest damn thing you find on ebay. Sorry for assuming people actually thought through about modifying their cars...Won't do it again.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        That's why you pick proper parts, not just the biggest damn thing you find on ebay.
        yea I know, and that was 4 years ago when i was riced and didnt go to honda schooling at denver which i just finishd....

Comment

let me start by appoligizing, i shouldnt have called u names. that being said u are still wrong. the reason i brought up an intake and filter is because ur saying MORE AIRFLOW means LESS GAS MILEAGE, which is wrong. if that was true then a clogged air filter which gives u LESS AIRFLOW would mean u get BETTER GAS MILEAGE, everyone knows thats not true. im not sayin that a huge trottle body will give u better milage but it sertianly wont "kill it" ( it would prolly stay the same). u may have gotten worse milage, but it was cause something else was wrong (see where i said about tps or vaccum leak). as for my 68mm it isnt on a f22, its on a h22 with a port-matched plenum and a euro r manifold. its all errelivent anyway the op was talking about a bigger stock tb, i jus didnt want people thinking that a h23 tb will ruin there gas milage.

Comment

Originally posted by porter351 View Post
            let me start by appoligizing, i shouldnt have called u names. that being said u are still wrong. the reason i brought up an intake and filter is because ur saying MORE AIRFLOW means LESS GAS MILEAGE, which is wrong. if that was true then a clogged air filter which gives u LESS AIRFLOW would mean u get BETTER GAS MILEAGE, everyone knows thats not true. im not sayin that a huge trottle body will give u better milage but it sertianly wont "kill it" ( it would prolly stay the same). u may have gotten worse milage, but it was cause something else was wrong (see where i said about tps or vaccum leak). as for my 68mm it isnt on a f22, its on a h22 with a port-matched plenum and a euro r manifold. its all errelivent anyway the op was talking about a bigger stock tb, i jus didnt want people thinking that a h23 tb will ruin there gas milage.

Comment

bump, i went to the jy and bought the h23 plenum, and even got a extra plate with butter flies... i also have the h23 tb...

now i kno i can double stack the IM. but i have a question. on the runners theres 8 holes. and on 1 side theres 4 butter flies.

on the extra plate if i double stack do i leave the extra butterflies ., and where does the term twin butterflies come in, is that another term for secondaries...

ill b searchin, but can some 1 help with diagrams or something vac lines for the h23 plenum
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

search for the diy. you remove the butterflies from one of the plates and jb weld the holes.
                2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

i found a thread on the plenum swap... but to me it looks confusing, the lines and hoses. mayb its just me. but ill do a double stack and keep 1 set of butter flies..
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

here is some stuff i got from my honda shop

Comment

I've also heard JDM H23a vtec manifold has like 68 mm throttlebody factory?

Comment

Is the f22b the jdm intake mani the same as the h23 or r they different?

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne View Post
                          Is the f22b the jdm intake mani the same as the h23 or r they different?
                          the f22b IM that I have is exactly the same as the h22 intake mani. Top and bottom all part #'s match.
                          either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Oh okay so there is no need for me to switch to the h23 manifold and tv correct?

Comment

WOT Yes Part No

At WOT you will loose gas mileage, otherwise you wouldn't get any hp / tq gains lol.

at part throttle the larger tb will do one of two things, one, is nothing, the other is make it easier to allow air into the plenum (just like intake) this reduces pumping losses on the intake stroke and creates more more torque. Hence increasing efficiency. Usually this is accounted for by tuning and adding additional gas.

However you also need to consider that you will be making more torque at part that rpm, so more force is applied to the ground.

Essentially it all comes out in the wash. Yes you require a little more fuel, but you get more out of your engine as well.

At idle you will see no change assuming you are tuned and set your idle correctly.

Another way to look at it.

Remember that the throttle plate is there to restrict air flow, so when you are not at wot you will have a restriction. In a stock tb you need a larger angle to create the same opening as would be created by a large throttle plate to create the same opening.

Graphically it looks like this

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy paint diagram LOL I hope it makes sense.

The green area's are the same, but you need less of a tps % or angle to get there.

You can keep and even improve gas millage with an aftermarket TB

By the way I have an h22 with 74-68 mm tapered TB and lost no gas mileage

regards
                              Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 03-03-2010, 01:23 AM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X