Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiptech : 1993 Accord SE

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

After many years of fiddling, restoring and keeping things running I'm just about finished with most of what I have planned for this 93SE. As the original owner of this almost 25 year old car it's been mostly a fun ride. The mild exterior paint refresh is about a year old now and holding up well. I'm particularly happy with the clear film which covers the entire front end including the hood, front bumper, fenders, mirrors and top of rear bumper. The driver seat leather and padding were replaced last summer and the entire interior was color dyed as well so any discolored plastic and leather now match exactly. With the exception of the sun-visors which droop slightly and won't stay all the way up, all defective pieces were recently replaced with NOS parts. These include the wheels, center caps, exterior mirrors, grille trim, wheel opening moldings, etc.

In the way of mods there really isn't any to speak of. The OEM Bose headunit was serviced several years ago and at the time a remote aux jack was installed which is now mounted in the one of the console blanks. A plugin Bluetooth device was added with a non-permanent hardwire setup to keep it charged. I just replaced all the interior and exterior incandescent lighting with LEDs. In case there are any concerns about keeping it stock (LOL like that's a problem around here) just about everything I've done can easily be restored to OEM without physical damage. And in case anyone was wondering one set of my original OEM SE floor mat sets is still installed only they're under an aftermarket carpeted set and a generic rubber set visible in these pics you know just like you guys do

The only mod I've held back on is the map light/sunglasses holder I bought from losiracer last year. It's color matched now and the bulbs replaced with LEDs but I can't quite bring myself to permanently cutting into the headliner to install it... yet. Anyway here's how it looks as of today:

Video Update 05-20-2018:
    130k Milestone Reached
    https://youtu.be/lV6yT92En-c
    Last edited by hiptech; 01-21-2021, 08:49 AM.
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

All I can say is WOW! I think I'd be afraid to drive it.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 05-21-2018, 04:57 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Has it been in Phoenix its whole life? Ya gotta love not having rust.
      My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
      Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
      Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Wow this car is absolutely amazing and very well kept. Sadly I found an SE at a local yard recently with 174k. Had 2 out of the 4 original floor mats and the Bose system was intact.

My assumption is that rust became a factor in it's demise. I ended up pulling the dashboard minus the airbag for my own use.

In your post you mentioned you got NOS parts, how do you obtain NOS if a lot of the parts are discontinued?
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Thanks for the compliments...

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
          Has it been in Phoenix its whole life? Ya gotta love not having rust.
          Yes bought it new here in September 1993. Rust... what's that?

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
          Wow this car is absolutely amazing and very well kept. Sadly I found an SE at a local yard recently with 174k. Had 2 out of the 4 original floor mats and the Bose system was intact.

My assumption is that rust became a factor in it's demise. I ended up pulling the dashboard minus the airbag for my own use.

In your post you mentioned you got NOS parts, how do you obtain NOS if a lot of the parts are discontinued?
          The 3 best sources for NOS parts are:
          1. Honda dealers who may have some remaining stock of old parts. It's best if you can make friends with a local Honda dealer parts CSR and request he do a search of dealer inventory nationwide.

2. eBay still has dealers who put up NOS parts like mirrors, center caps and more. Both dealer searches and eBay can be hit or miss so you have to be persistent and check back from time to time.

3. Lastly Vintage Parts (https://www.vpartsinc.com/) is where dealers and car makers sell off many old parts they don't want or have the space to inventory. You need to call them as their search engine isn't always thorough.
          Last edited by hiptech; 12-26-2017, 12:50 AM.
          My Collection:

Comment

Absolutely amazing!!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Thanks SEgirl & Raf...

A friend of mine thinks I should do a funny video like the one that went viral for the couple who sold their '96 Accord and got CarMax to offer them $20K.

But somehow I'm not sure that is the way I want to go... not that I'm thinking of selling it just yet. In fact since it's become a "garage queen" and is hardly driven it feels special whenever I do.

LOL as fleetw00d put it I've become a little paranoid and almost afraid to drive it myself...
                My Collection:

Comment

Just an amazing looking CB you got there. I’m right there with you, I would be afraid to drive it and something happen.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Perfection! Do you have a master list for all of the led bulbs you used?

Also, how is your car insured? Have you had it appraised?

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post

3. Lastly Vintage Parts (https://www.vpartsinc.com/) is where dealers and car makers sell off many old parts they don't want or have the space to inventory. You need to call them as their search engine isn't always thorough.

I actually used to work for a local Honda dealer in NH and I would browse vintage (dealer has access unforunately not the customer) inventory. I found that they had 5 quarter panels for a wagon in their system.

Same dealership I worked at recently just sold NOS 96-99 Civic quarter panels for a coupe.

I hope you keep that in your family for awhile. Pretty cool to see another original owner on here ( I think you're the second one overall actually).
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
                        Perfection! Do you have a master list for all of the led bulbs you used?

Also, how is your car insured? Have you had it appraised?
                        Thanks...

I checked into insuring it as a collector car but Hagerty and others don't have CB7s in their database so they can't assign a value yet. At some point I'll need to have it appraised. When the car reaches its 25th anniversary date of purchase I'll get back with them. Arizona has pretty much said the same to qualify for historic plates. So I'll need to wait it out till September.

As for the LEDs I'd recommend VLEDS.com they have a database setup on their home page that provides one or more compatible LED for just about every bulb you need...

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post

I hope you keep that in your family for awhile. Pretty cool to see another original owner on here ( I think you're the second one overall actually).
                        Thanks that's way cool... who is the other?
                        My Collection:

Comment

I wish I had paid more attention and gotten to see these when they were new and immaculate. I was too young to really care about any cars though, the age that I was. Yours is going to be the closest we (forum family) see to what Honda really had in store for the top of the line 4th Gen Honda Accord.

Absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until I finally get my car repainted and all the small blemishes removed. The lines are so gorgeous.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                            I wish I had paid more attention and gotten to see these when they were new and immaculate. I was too young to really care about any cars though, the age that I was. Yours is going to be the closest we (forum family) see to what Honda really had in store for the top of the line 4th Gen Honda Accord.

Absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until I finally get my car repainted and all the small blemishes removed. The lines are so gorgeous.
                            It looks like it came off a showroom floor. I would trade all my Hondas so I could have one like that! IT EVEN HAS THE FOGS!!!
                            For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Working...
                            X