No announcement yet.

owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you closely inspect all the hoses that plug into the manifold? There could be a pin hole somewhere.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      Did you closely inspect all the hoses that plug into the manifold? There could be a pin hole somewhere.
      I tried to. Some of them are original though, and I figured I might just order them with my next paycheck and go through and replace the whole slew of them. I didn't see anything obvious, but you know how that goes. I also wonder if perhaps the issue is inside the vacuum box, as I have never even had that opened.

I am going to try and readjust the idle, then I will replace vacuum hoses, and then if worst comes to worst, I will replace all of the IM gaskets with new ones. The funny thing is that just about every P13 I have ever dealt with had funny idle issues, and cp[mike] said the same thing about the ones he has dealt with. I guess the part that I find odd is that the idle USED to be rock solid, and then just randomly BOOM it fluctuated. I find it odd that is just started all of a sudden. I will probably order and replace the IACV gasket, as I may have reused my old one when I tore everything apart, even though it didn't have any issues for awhile. I could also check my valve adjustment I suppose.

It is boggling.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Guess that means it's time for a P28 and a retune
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
          Guess that means it's time for a P28 and a retune
          That would help solve the problem of it running so rich the rain forest dies a little bit every time I get on it.

Comment

Does the car run fine everywhere else besides the idle?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              Does the car run fine everywhere else besides the idle?
              It seems to. Sometimes it idles fine too, but sometimes it doesn't. Could a knock sensor have something to do with that?

Last time I was under there, it was cracked and breaking, and maybe it finally fell apart completely.

Also, it has ALWAYS run rich, but now it is running REALLY rich. I know the knock sensor is not considered during VTEC operation, but it is seriously running so rich in VTEC I can see the cloud of smoke when it is daylight, and it smells like raw exhaust. It is not burning coolant or oil or anything like that though.

Comment

You have the stock EGR system? I'd block that off and see if it does anything. But usually a bad EGR will have an effect on normal driveability, ie it will drive like shit.

I don't think a knock sensor would cause a bad idle. But quick way to find out is to jump the service connector and play with the ignition timing at the distributor and see if you could fix idle that way.

Comment

Damn man, ur review summed up any and all questions I have on the bars.

In places where roads are absolute shit (read: low tax revenue urban areas like BK) these bars might be worth even more than their weight in gold. I know my car chassis flexes like crazy and it's not helped by the stiff suspension. If this motor I'm getting renews my faith in the car I might pick up a set.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

You have the stock EGR system? I'd block that off and see if it does anything. But usually a bad EGR will have an effect on normal driveability, ie it will drive like shit.

I don't think a knock sensor would cause a bad idle. But quick way to find out is to jump the service connector and play with the ignition timing at the distributor and see if you could fix idle that way.
                    Yes, I have the stock EGR system, and I suppose I could either block or clean it, but I did that the last time the IM was off. And there really are no other driveability issues. No stumbling, hesitating etc.

I may let it warm up to the point where it is closed loop and surging and then try jumping the connector and see what happens. The base timing is in spec though.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                      Damn man, ur review summed up any and all questions I have on the bars.

In places where roads are absolute shit (read: low tax revenue urban areas like BK) these bars might be worth even more than their weight in gold. I know my car chassis flexes like crazy and it's not helped by the stiff suspension. If this motor I'm getting renews my faith in the car I might pick up a set.
                      A note about the 3 point front. The part of the firewall that it triangulates to is VERY thin. I.E. you can flex it with your hands. Apparently Honda didn't see fit to bring the structural portion of the firwal up beyond where it is just straight, below the winshield wiper motor channel. The way they give you to hold the bracket in place is hokey, and with no template, and not being able to drill the holes with the bar on the car, it just doesn't work to line up 3 holes like that resonably. So I thought it would be a good idea to weld the bracket to the firewall. Wrong. The plate is too think and the firewall is too thin, and it burned a hole through the firewall. So now I will have to patch that and then figure out a way to secure that plate to the firewall. Considering the structural purpose, JB weld would probably work. My cousin has a much more advanced welder than the one I used, so he may be able to work with the heat range enough to weld without burning through the firewall. I will have to see. In the meantime, I am going to replace all the clips that hold the plastic window trim on, as well as all the rubber pieces, which are...old...

I can't complain about the function of the bars though. A few minor things I am going to mention to ESP that I think would make it a little more user friendly, but overall a super product.

Comment

Just because the timing is within spec doesn't mean the knock sensor isn't going to act retarded. Honda knock sensors are about as helpful as a retard building a shuttle.

Comment

Just because the timing is within spec doesn't mean the knock sensor isn't going to act retarded. Honda knock sensors are about as helpful as a retard building a shuttle.
                          I understand that, I was just mentioning that I know the base timing is OK.

Oddly, now it hasn't done it all day...

Comment

You can be like the ser guys and put a spacer between the knock sensor lolz to "lessen" the knock haha.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                              You can be like the ser guys and put a spacer between the knock sensor lolz to "lessen" the knock haha.
                              I never even thought about that. LOL! Or I could go officespace on it.

I don't think it is knocking, it is just being dumb...

Stupid Honda! I should go buy a Camry.

Comment

Well. This car has officially become a project car.

Comment

Working...
                                X