Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F23a1 block with h23a1 swap????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F23a1 block with h23a1 swap????

please first off if you cant help me then please dont comment how stupid this is, because i already know!!! But anyways im new here to the forums and have been looking everywhere for help. Ive read about other frankenbuilds of f22 blocks n h23 heads n so on... So heres my issue.. My fiance just bought a 94 Lude with a h23a1 in it. The motor was bad and the guy who sold her the car was upfront about it and said he had another "motor" for the car, Apon delivery i see basically a f23a1 block with crank, rods, pistons, all timing gears n water pump, deff not what i was exspecting, u tell me u have another motor ready to drop in i'm thinkin a full motor not just a semi ready block.... Basically my question is, Can i swap over my h23a1 head onto the f23a1 block, and if so what all needs to be done and parts list. Im trying to do this on a budget as shes the only 1 working atm n work with what i can atm till taxes come in n can get a true h23a1 replacement, but we need this car to run right now till i have the $$ to do a full replacement. So again please dont tell me to just go get a h23 replacement as ive already priced them out n cant afford that right now and cant find any1 selling 1 for cheap around me n all my local junk yards dont have any ludes in them... please any help would b greatly appreciated
    Last edited by LilDevil_ja; 09-12-2016, 08:03 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124667

Or G23 non-vtec is a popular search term

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Well I guess you could do that, if you want to put your faith and hard earned cash into an unknown engine bottom end. Best case it runs and maybe lasts long enough. Worst case you put money into headgasket and head bolts (both one time use and not cheap) plus associated gaskets and whatnot, and have a junk engine on your hands. Bad bearing, leaky head gasket, bad rings, etc. I've been there and done that. One of my gf's accords I put 2 engines into. First one smoked bad and locked up after a couple months, she didn't check the oil Don't expect them to keep up on that! Second engine I bought cheap on CL and needed a full rebuild basically. Rust in cylinders and stuck valve guides. I took it on his word that it was a good engine, not realizing what our humid climate does to things sitting around. Figured this stuff out of course after it was in the car. Now I only buy engines that I can confirm are running good and compression check. Usually buy a whole vehicle to get what I need. In any case shop around, F+H series engines will all fit, likely you could get a running F22A cheap from a junkyard, to keep it cheap just get the long block (bottom end + head, no manifolds or accessories) since you can just swap everything over from the H23A1. Good luck.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get the car back on the road.

Also check out the following sticky thread.

Read this before asking about doing a Frankenstein build!
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187140

Comment

none of those threads tell me anything i need to know unless the F22a/b block is the exact same as a F23... Ive already read all of them and still have questions about fitment and other issues, every1 mentions of the h22 head on a f23 block, of h23 head on a f22 block this n that, im sorry but i dont see the info that i really need. Im sorry if i sound like a dick right now but im not just some idiot trying to troll the forum, ive read all the threads i could find ... Yes i have the skill and mechanical background from working on alot of other motors, but ive just never built 1 of these. My main question is what gasket kit will i need.. ive been told by some that i need the whole h23 gasket kit n then also order just the f23 head gasket and use that in place of the h23 one.. but before i just go blowing money on all these parts, i wanna make sure its right

Comment

There is no gasket kit for a hybrid build. You buy the F23 Gaskets for the block and you buy the H22/H23 gaskets for the head. Not sure where the confusion is there....

As far as F22 and F23 blocks go, they are drop in swaps.
            Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-18-2016, 03:27 PM.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

So you want people to tell you the correct parts to use, but not to tell you how unwise your intended build is. So when there are no real "correct" parts to use, and the only option is to direct you to what others have done for fairly similar swaps, or simply tell you not to do it... they're not being helpful.

This is not a common thing. It is not common for a reason. There is very little information available for it.

I wish you luck.

Comment

Working...
              X