Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Level 2 bisimoto cam upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level 2 bisimoto cam upgrade

I have finally done it. No more cel codes! So, anyways. I have an $800 budget and I'm not looking to swap an h in to this cb, instead I'm going to build the f with bisimoto. My first true upgrade to my car! I was told to get the level 2 cam from bisimoto along with pro valve springs and a new cam gear for roughly $500. Would it be worth it or should I look into upgrading other things like high comp pistons or boring my motor from 85mm to (suggested) 87mm.

Hard question to answer 'Would it be worth it."

Well, do you have anything to tune the upgraded cam and/or bottom end right now?

Do you have the basic I/H/E done with quality parts?

Are you wanting a faster daily?

The cam I believe adds power everywhere under the curve from what I've seen. It will also extend the power band to about 6500.

High comp will do the same, as will boring out the motor. BUT the motor will still choke from the stock cam up top.

If you do high comp, you will have to run upgraded octane, but with the cam you can stick with 87.

This is a game of compromises. Start here: http://www.bisimoto.net/forum/viewto...efad09d3287fc4
    http://www.bisimoto.net/forum/viewto...efad09d3287fc4
    Last edited by sonikaccord; 10-13-2013, 06:23 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      Hard question to answer 'Would it be worth it."

Well, do you have anything to tune the upgraded cam and/or bottom end right now?

Do you have the basic I/H/E done with quality parts?

Are you wanting a faster daily?

The cam I believe adds power everywhere under the curve from what I've seen. It will also extend the power band to about 6500.

High comp will do the same, as will boring out the motor. BUT the motor will still choke from the stock cam up top.

If you do high comp, you will have to run upgraded octane, but with the cam you can stick with 87.

This is a game of compromises. Start here: http://www.bisimoto.net/forum/viewto...efad09d3287fc4
      http://www.bisimoto.net/forum/viewto...efad09d3287fc4
      The only I/h/e work I have so far is a cold air intake with a velocity stack thing and a 3" muffler, I might get dx ceramic headers and cat here soon. And I have a tuner shop near by who are said to do everything from tune ups to moderate chips. In steps I just plan on putting the cam in first, tune the ecu, save up for the machine work and pistons (btw where can I find high comp pistons for my motor?)

Comment

Originally posted by heretoaskstuff View Post
        The only I/h/e work I have so far is a cold air intake with a velocity stack thing and a 3" muffler, I might get dx ceramic headers and cat here soon. And I have a tuner shop near by who are said to do everything from tune ups to moderate chips. In steps I just plan on putting the cam in first, tune the ecu, save up for the machine work and pistons (btw where can I find high comp pistons for my motor?)
        With $800 you're not ready for high comp pistons and machining work. The first thing you need to ask yourself is "What do I want from my car?" As in what are your goals? Powerwise.

Level 2 cam: $270 + shipping
        Prosprings: $180 + shipping
        Cam core: $120 (Can avoid this by sending yours in, keep in mind you will be without your car during this time. Or grab a core from a JY for the price they charge)
        Machine Shop: $$$ (depends on the local rates, this can be avoided if you do it yourself. Can you?)
        Tuning: They charge by the hour mostly.

Not trying to crush dreams here, I'm just making sure you've thought most of this through before you go shell out some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
          With $800 you're not ready for high comp pistons and machining work. The first thing you need to ask yourself is "What do I want from my car?" As in what are your goals? Powerwise.

Level 2 cam: $270 + shipping
          Prosprings: $180 + shipping
          Cam core: $120 (Can avoid this by sending yours in, keep in mind you will be without your car during this time. Or grab a core from a JY for the price they charge)
          Machine Shop: $$$ (depends on the local rates, this can be avoided if you do it yourself. Can you?)
          Tuning: They charge by the hour mostly.

Not trying to crush dreams here, I'm just making sure you've thought most of this through before you go shell out some cash.
          Yes Ive thought the whole cam upgrade through, high comp pistons would ne the next upgrade maybe? I'll have enough money in a few weeks to consider the machining and high comp. I have a cam core in my spare a4 head and already know I'll need the pro springs and gear. I want more power for my car.

Also Ive been told the pt3 Isnt a good ecu to tune, so and a p06 ecu would be easier and work better. This is my first motor build too so.
          Last edited by Joey GT-R; 10-14-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

First motor build, you have a while to go, but hey you gotta start somewhere right.

Did you look at the dyno's I posted above? What did you think about them? How much further power and torque wise are you trying to go?

Deev was right about practicing tuning on the stock motor, it's a valuable tool to have and will save you a metric asston of money. Don't limit yourself to just p06's, there are other ECUs just to give yourself a wider selection

You may want to consider a better header, preferably something equal length...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I know you said your budget is around $800. But if you plan on putting more money into it after a couple weeks, why not just save up a few more weeks and go for something like this. http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...e00000025.html
              The link above is for a complete head package, cam and all. Its a little more than double your budget but would upgrade your whole top end and you'd get close to 1/4 of initial expenses back after core returns. I only suggest this route because it comes with a pre-programmed piggy back ecu as well. Think it over some. Research. Then pull the trigger. All you vets can correct me if I'm in the wrong here.
              Last edited by Daemon.Solis; 10-14-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon.Solis View Post
                I know you said your budget is around $800. But if you plan on putting more money into it after a couple weeks, why not just save up a few more weeks and go for something like this. http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...e00000025.html
                The link above is for a complete head package, cam and all. Its a little more than double your budget but would upgrade your whole top end and you'd get close to 1/4 of initial expenses back after core returns. I only suggest this route because it comes with a pre-programmed piggy back ecu as well. Think it over some. Research. Then pull the trigger. All you vets can correct me if I'm in the wrong here.
                I'd love to get that but I only get paid $4-500 a week so it'd take like 4 maybe more if d**k taxes screw me over again.

Comment

U need a nice engine management system for those cams. I had it on my old setup. Night and day difference with a proper tune. You will also need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for tuning purposes in case your tuner needs to adjust things.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Just stick with parts that are proven and fit your budget. The bisimoto cam and springs with a chipped po6 will hold you over just until you can source a second engine. Once the second engine is acquired... RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. Then and only then is when i would suggest spending a penny on anything as drastic as pistons and machine work. I have the same cam/springs along with a few other parts and its a fun little daily now.

Comment

Intake, exhaust, header, then tune it. Then a cam and re tune. Dc is a waste of $$$ imao, hit up the interwebs to find out what works for less money. The Yonaka cat back will be a good choice for ur upgrades, and its just over $200.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                        U need a nice engine management system for those cams. I had it on my old setup. Night and day difference with a proper tune. You will also need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for tuning purposes in case your tuner needs to adjust things.
                        Yeah, I'm getting the demon/Neptune software and hardware setup next week and I have a p06 ecu to throw in and tune after the cam and springs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
                          Just stick with parts that are proven and fit your budget. The bisimoto cam and springs with a chipped po6 will hold you over just until you can source a second engine. Once the second engine is acquired... RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. Then and only then is when i would suggest spending a penny on anything as drastic as pistons and machine work. I have the same cam/springs along with a few other parts and its a fun little daily now.
                          What's your setup? I'm sticking to the cam/springs for now and the high comps are future plans lol but I was wondering if you're using the p06 ecu. I have one and a tuning setup to tune it but a guy at this "car meet" said the p06 can't run the f22 with the cams even after tuned.

Comment

Fix up your exterior before looking into power :P

Clean cbs look fast even if they're only for show.

You should turbo, cheaper and you can run on stock internals fine.

Very streetable
                            Stock f22 long gear tranny can be kept, it's better geared for a turbo.

The f22 is a beast, the tranny is why it's not widely accepted IMO.

Comment

There is nothing about a cb that screams fast...

It's a well known fact that the ringlands will break [eventually] if you turbo a stock f22.

The P06 can run an f22 when chipped.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X