Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

trailing arm bushing replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trailing arm bushing replacement

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this. I'm planning on replacing the bushings on my trailing arms. I have looked and can't find anything here on how to do the job.

I know there's a lot of debate on poly or rubber. I'm just going with rubber. A stock replacement. I herd of binding and such with poly. I don't know. I just chose the rubber because I have poly on everything else plus I couldn't find them in poly. LOL

I purchased a 20 ton press from harbor freight. I just need to know if there are any special tools other than the press I would need. I plan to document it and post it here to hopefully help anyone else looking to do this. Unless its already here and I didn't look hard enough.

I will also be doing a strut job so ill document that as well.

I also wanted to ask. I replaced the lower, rear control arms and the upper control arms to adjustable camber arms. Should I also replace the lower front control arms on the rears so my toe is more adjustable on the rear than the stock arms?

As long as you have that press, and know how to work it, you should have no trouble. Many people don't have a press, and they have to get creative to remove/replace the bushing (I personally cut the rubber out, used a hacksaw to slice through the metal ring, and then made a makeshift press out of a bench vise... which didn't work well, so I ended up banging the remainder out with a hammer and a punch.)

Also, unless you're doing extreme suspension modifications or racing the car, you shouldn't need any more adjustability than the stock components give you. Use OEM components, and you'll be in good shape.

Comment

Do you have a pipe that can fit the OD of the bushing to press it out?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Do you have a pipe that can fit the OD of the bushing to press it out?
        no I don't but I guess I could bring the bushing to home depot or something. Damn...!!! Why didn't I think of that before???

Any way, I lowered the car 2" in front and 1.75 on rear. I had to buy camber control arms for the rear and camber ball joints for the front. I noticed for the correction of camber on the rear it gave me massive toe in on the rear. I know the stock arm has some adjustability but I hope it has enough to compensate.

I have the kyb g4 shocks. They're blown but they have life time warranty. I have to send them back so I purchased some eBay strut called low tek I think. Just to hold me till I get my kyb back. These low tek shocks are made in china. They feel nice and stiff for now. I don't think they're going to last too long though. I'm doing this tomorrow since I have off.

Comment

The bushings seem more intimidating then they actually are. once the old ones are out the new ones go in pretty easy

Comment

This is the tool I personally use when I do those bushings. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HI...2352219&sr=8-1

It saves a lot of time. You don't have to remove the trailing arm and use a press with this tool.

I haven't used it in months. I work at the dealership. Not many old honda come in as much. Most of the newer Hondas don't have trail arm bushings anymore. This tool has been gathering dust for months now.
            Long time listener, first time caller.
            1993 Accord LX- Sold (05/2007)
            1992 Accord EX- Totalled (06/2014)
            1996 Accord Wagon EX (Current ride/daily)
            1995 Accord Wagon EX (Beater)

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=156176

Comment

Working...
            X