CBs in Magazines (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBs in Magazines (Pic Heavy)

So I was stumbling through my favorite car audio forum, and I found some old magazine scans with some nicely done CBs in them... All these are from mobilesoundscience.com member "Euphonic"

YouTube Clicky!!

Tight work

That's how they used to hook them up when I was younger

Comment

Man... were these featured when the CB was still on the market? (I see 1995 in that second article... the first couple looks straight out of 1991!)

The sad thing is that what little I know about audio installation is probably about as dated as the info shown there! I've had an amp and sub waiting to go in my car for over a decade now... still sitting in my basement.

Comment

Yes sir. All those articles were written in the 90s. The first couple is very "Fresh Prince of Bel-air" ish lol.

The info is old, but I'm sure they'll still score pretty well in competition. Car electronics is a slow moving field. Hell I guess automotive technology is slow in itself.

Your stuff was purchased in the early 2000s? You may or may not have gold on your hands. That was one of my favorite eras, mainly cause I grew up in it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Interesting. Well this just convinced me that I need to retrofit my trunk to look like one of these pictures! That and I never did like putting a Class D alpine amp on the back of the back seat. And since I don't use my trunk I think I'll fab something up real nice!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

Quoting this into my sticky so it doesn't disappear...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              You may or may not have gold on your hands.
              i have a pair of mtx black gold series subs that I've heard are very rare , they got to be 20 years old by now

Comment

I wonder what happened to these CBs and the owners...

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

The last two guys look like nerdy white dexter guys and yet they've got bad ass sound systems in their cars haha.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    The last two guys look like nerdy white dexter guys and yet they've got bad ass sound systems in their cars haha.
                    Those are usually the ones with the most sound too!!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

That's 'cos the nerds are the only ones who understand electronics enough to do it properly. Everyone else just throws in enough bass to rattle everyone and everything within the radius of an average neighborhood block.

The number of equalizer dials on that last one... how much time does this guy spend in his car to want to get the sound so perfect?
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-30-2015, 02:58 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                      X