CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Forced Induction

Old 11-20-2016, 06:13 PM   #261
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member

dbsharp is cool... so far.
I replaced the entire dash and engine harness and ostrich ribbon cable....
fixed
Old 11-20-2016, 07:20 PM   #262
toycar
CB7tuner Member

toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsharp View Post
I replaced the entire dash and engine harness and ostrich ribbon cable....
fixed
did you ever discover the problem?

props to completing one of (my personal opinion) the worst tasks
toycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 01:09 PM   #263
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member

no, it was fixed and I was tired of working on it.

On a side note, I do not recommend supertech h23 valve guides on a f22b dohc head. My OEM f22b are steel valve guides, where the supertech are manganese bronze, and the overall dimensions are not the same. At first I was ready to give up, now I have removed the guides and machined them to the correct size. I have a hard time imagining these will come out concentric after being beaten in and back out, machined and beaten back in the head. worst case scenario I find a new head.

Last edited by dbsharp; 11-23-2016 at 02:56 PM.
dbsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #264
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member

The beast runs again. Finally done right. Full 3" exhaust wastegate dumps into downpipe, all bends are mandrel bent, no more pie cuts. Got my traction bar made and it looks great!

once I get this engine broken in and run all this old gas out, I'll turn this boost up again and see how it does! I'm expecting the port and polish, exhaust, and intake manifold work to help me wind this turbo out. I'm hoping to bust 400 whp this time.

I GOTTA FIND SOME NEW SPRINGS! My car is too damn low. I want a mild drop and a stiff ride. Any suggestions? Seriously, my new down pipe might have 4" clearance hugging the oil pan. For those of you who don't know I cut my frame for upper control arm clearance, and it still hits the upper skin you see in the engine bay and is cracking my weld, HAHA.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #265
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Glad to see its back in action! Looking forward to pics.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:02 PM   #266
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member

https://youtu.be/q4Hm46zbW4E USE GOOD SPEAKERS OR EARPHONES! I'll have pics up soon.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:23 PM   #267
cp[mike]
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful
do you have a catalytic converter installed? which muffler is that? really nice setup!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
- 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
Current cars:
- 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe
- 1999 CR-V EX - Daily driver
- 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion
cp[mike] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #268
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp[mike] View Post
do you have a catalytic converter installed? which muffler is that? really nice setup!
I have a k teller 3" exhaust, hy-35 turbo, 3" downpipe, and a oval 3" magnaflow. That's it!

The secret is the turbo acts as a really good resonator, and the cams dont hurt. This setup doesn't sound ricey at all
Old 12-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #269
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member

I added a resonator and tied my wastegate dump back into my exhaust and I think this is about as nice as this can sound. No obnoxious raspy sounds just sweet tones.

Also I am adding in a Bosh 044 pump inline after my walbro 255 pump. I'm gonna turn my base fuel pressure up to around 60psi from the stock 43. I'm gonna find out how much wind this turbo can make! hoping for 450-500whp.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #270
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
I added a resonator and tied my wastegate dump back into my exhaust and I think this is about as nice as this can sound. No obnoxious raspy sounds just sweet tones.

Also I am adding in a Bosh 044 pump inline after my walbro 255 pump. I'm gonna turn my base fuel pressure up to around 60psi from the stock 43. I'm gonna find out how much wind this turbo can make! hoping for 450-500whp.
I thought the 255 alone was enough to flow enough to about 400whp on E85 and there are guys making over 600 with it. I too have a Wahlbro 255 that i am planning to use along with a set of Precission 1000cc injectors i bought. Now that i see your other stuff, our builds will be similar since i have a HY35 sitting around and have chosen to use over the HE351.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #271
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member

my injectors have been tested at around 815cc min. I was running them at 86% duty at 19 lbs of boost with a 255 in the tank and stock fuel pressure. they had nothing left! with my bosh 044 I will be able to crank up the fuel pressure and max this turbo out.

The 255 can take you pretty far, and when your ready to upgrade the 255 will make a nice lift pump for the bosh 044.

there area few flavors of hy35 out there, mine has the smaller hotside but it still does well.

Now for some new tires to lay the power down! I'm thinking of grabbing some M&H 235/60-15 street and strip, I just need to locate a couple 15x7 wheels now.

Last edited by dbsharp; 12-27-2017 at 06:13 PM.
dbsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:48 AM   #272
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
my injectors have been tested at around 815cc min. I was running them at 86% duty at 19 lbs of boost with a 255 in the tank and stock fuel pressure. they had nothing left! with my bosh 044 I will be able to crank up the fuel pressure and max this turbo out.

The 255 can take you pretty far, and when your ready to upgrade the 255 will make a nice lift pump for the bosh 044.

there area few flavors of hy35 out there, mine has the smaller hotside but it still does well.

Now for some new tires to lay the power down! I'm thinking of grabbing some M&H 235/60-15 street and strip, I just need to locate a couple 15x7 wheels now.
There are some very nice 205/55R15 out there, whatever size you choose to go with just make sure there are better tires on that size as a wider tire of a lesser compound will have less traction than a narrow tire of better compound. What brand is M&H?

m&H drag tires.... Our factor size is just over 24 inches in diameter while the 235 is almost 26 which will result in reduced acceleration and a bit higher top speed. May I suggest 205/50r15 or 225/50r15 as they are 23 and 24 inches in total diameter and are also a drag tire size.

Last edited by Crankshaft; 12-31-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:46 AM   #273
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
255lph fuel pump is good up to around 600 HP. The limiting factor of going for 500HP will be the injectors or your clutch, most likely the clutch :P I'm running a Stage4 and it only lasted about 6 months (two summers) at 410HP.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #274
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
255lph fuel pump is good up to around 600 HP. The limiting factor of going for 500HP will be the injectors or your clutch, most likely the clutch :P I'm running a Stage4 and it only lasted about 6 months (two summers) at 410HP.
Yea my CC stage 4 has been holding at the 400 whp power level for quite a while. I really have to abuse this thing to get any signs that its even thinking of slipping. The day it does, Ill get a ACT upgrade, or maybe Ill take out a home equity loan and get a twin disk haha.

As far as the 255 goes, it is true that people have made 500+ with them with large injectors, but its flow rates choke as you increase the pressure. With my injectors I will be able to make plenty more power by turning the pressure up a bit. The inline bosh pump will let me run as much pressure as I'm going to need to max my current turbo out. No matter what I do to this setup in the future, this pump will support it.

As far as the tires go, at these power levels and up, traction is the name of the game! Word has it the M&H have the best compound for fwd street traction, and the taller than stock tire size will help to get my car to hook the power its making. Think of it like a taller final drive ratio. Low power cars will go faster on a shorter final drive, but cars that spin their first few gears sure wont! 1st gear is basically a waste of my time right now, even with boost by gear.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: