Koni Yellow Sport Shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koni Yellow Sport Shock

My car came with Neuspeed Koni Yellow shock.
    I know that regular version of Koni Yellow have 3 adjustable height.

Neuspeed Koni Yellow shock have 6 adjustable height?
    Is it correct?

Neuspeed PN: 8041.1168SP4
    Regular PN: 8041-1168SP4
    Last edited by accordmaniac; 05-05-2013, 08:14 AM.
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

5 or 6, yes. I forget exactly.

Look on the base. The snap ring that holds the spring perch is what is adjustable. You need to take the whole spring/shock assembly apart to do it.

Comment

Koni sure whores themselves out "My car came with Neuspeed Koni Yellow shock."

I bought H&R Koni sports and only have 3 adjustable perch heights
      the fronts are externally adjustable, the rears internally

I think Im going to have to just buy the koni yellows straight up instead of in a package

Comment

Yeah, that H&R package is weird. Those rear shocks are really Reds, not Yellows.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Yeah, that H&R package is weird. Those rear shocks are really Reds, not Yellows.
          Indeed, but "theyre custom valved".. more like burn up the excessive stock of reds and still make a profit lol.

Comment

Most likely!
            The generic adjustment capabilities of the Reds and Yellows is fine for pretty much any common spring rate available.

I honestly don't even know why they offer the Reds! They're internally pretty much the same as the Yellows, to my understanding, but not externally adjustable. The price isn't THAT much lower than the Yellows, either.

Comment

thats weird i didnt know about the neuspeed konis. mine only have 2 perch settings in front and i think 3 in the rear

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I could be mistaken but I think that OLDER Neuspeed Koni Yellows had 5 perches and the newer ones have the standard 3. I think the change happened a year or two ago.

Again, I could be wrong.
                Last edited by mtnbikaah; 05-05-2013, 02:53 PM.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

The sad thing is, I don't think any of us have bothered actually looking at the Neuspeed site to confirm this...

Comment

I looked, it doesn't say how many perches there are.

Of if it did, I missed it.
                    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

I didn't look.

Comment

Okay, after doing some research on here this is what I have come up with:

Koni SP3 (I think theses were only sold through Neuspeed, could be wrong) had 5 perches. These are no longer available.

Koni Sports have 3 perches.

Comment

Oh yeah... now I remember someone made a thread mourning the loss of the SP3.

Comment

Possibly ghetto_CB7.

Edit.... http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174376 ?
                            Last edited by dj_ender; 05-05-2013, 04:11 PM.
                            Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Yes, the SP3 had 5 perches and was shortened slightly vs the regular Koni yellow
                              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X