when will my rear end kick out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when will my rear end kick out?

So my current setup is Koni STRT (orange) with Eibach Pro springs. I have been trying to test the limits of when all traction goes out the window (safe in a parking lot in the middle of the night )

so far all i can get it to do is just push the front tires and leave epic skid marks.

The guy i bought it from had a 93 LX (no rear sway) and he warned me about pushing it to hard that the rear tires will lose traction and you will spin out. Now, i just took my EX (rear sway) out to a parking lot and pushed it to limits greater than i would ever do on the street and i could not even get the rear to slide.

is there a better way to test if it will or does that rear sway make that much of a difference?
    visit vgruk

The only way I've had the rear end kick out has been when I hit the brakes and had weight transfer to the front axle. If you really want to test your cars limits auto-x may not be a bad option. I had the luxury of doing it with my community college auto program.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
      The only way I've had the rear end kick out has been when I hit the brakes and had weight transfer to the front axle. If you really want to test your cars limits auto-x may not be a bad option. I had the luxury of doing it with my community college auto program.
      thats not bad. when i get mu manual swap in i plan to take it out to a real race track and bash on it there. turn out there is one about 50 miles from where i live
      visit vgruk

Comment

You need a larger rear sway bar. I'd recommend a Progress rear sway bar. Leave the front one stock. It's THE best modification I've done to my car.

A larger rear sway bar adds traction to the inner front wheel in the corner giving you more grip.

A stock accord is supposed to understeer from the factory, it's "safer" that way.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post

A stock accord is supposed to understeer from the factory, it's "safer" that way.
          And it sucks royally. Those sway bars will make your car like night and day for sure...
          The CB7 Collector.
          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
          92 LX Coupe F22A1
          2013 Toyota Corolla S
          92 EX Sedan F22A1
          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

well i will put that on my list :
            visit vgruk

Comment

Had I came down you would have seen the my OEM+ rusty bucket, it just doesn't drive anything like my EX's and LX Coupe (it has the EX rear end). I am so ready to get out of it.
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

You're always going to understeer. It's a FWD car. The progress rear bar does help a lot though. I'm sure you've noticed that the car pushes more with more throttle and sucks the nose back in when you lift. That "sucking the nose in" is amplified with the progress bar. But the car is always going to on-throttle understeer....there's nothing you can do about that.

You can make the car pretty neutral for a skidpad scenario though. A good limited slip will help alot too if you don't already have one.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  You're always going to understeer. It's a FWD car. The progress rear bar does help a lot though. I'm sure you've noticed that the car pushes more with more throttle and sucks the nose back in when you lift. That "sucking the nose in" is amplified with the progress bar. But the car is always going to on-throttle understeer....there's nothing you can do about that.

You can make the car pretty neutral for a skidpad scenario though. A good limited slip will help alot too if you don't already have one.
                  that brings up another question. do they make an LSD f22 manual trans?
                  visit vgruk

Comment

From the factory I don't think so. The H series has a few OEM LSD gearboxes that bolt up though. There are also some aftermarket LSDs that will fit in the f22 gearboxes I believe.

Why are you trying to find the car's limits anyways?
                    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wet roads, worn rear tires, and a tap of the brakes while turning. The rear will kick out.
                      Just don't do it when there's a wall to hit, or you'll total your car.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                        From the factory I don't think so. The H series has a few OEM LSD gearboxes that bolt up though. There are also some aftermarket LSDs that will fit in the f22 gearboxes I believe.

Why are you trying to find the car's limits anyways?
                        I believe that every driver should know the limits of their car. It makes a better driver IMO.

I'm building my car for the occasional track day and I want to know how much I have to work with
                        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Wet roads, worn rear tires, and a tap of the brakes while turning. The rear will kick out.
                          Just don't do it when there's a wall to hit, or you'll total your car.
                          I do it safe or not at all. while i am quite the fan of spirited driving i know my car can handle more than any road in tulsa can throw at it handleing wise. the roads i go fast on often have no cars driving on it. i have my headlights on even in the day time so just incase there is someone they can see me before i see them. i also do not go around blind cornors fast.

i also have a racing history
                          visit vgruk

Comment

My comment was from personal experience. (google "92 DX turbo project has hit a wall")

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              My comment was from personal experience. (google "92 DX turbo project has hit a wall")
                              did you delete the pics deev?

Ride List
                              1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                              2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                              newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Working...
                              X