V6 Prelude Mount Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V6 Prelude Mount Compatibility

Innovative has a mount solution for the 5th gen prelude, I have emailed and called them, but have not received a response yet. So I figured I'd let you guys munch on this.

These mounts should be useable in our chassis. The H22 fits (non-sh), so it should be a direct swap. I'm only talking about the physical bolting in of the motor. Once I get in touch with the guys at innovative, I'm going to see about hood and ground clearance issues.

Not that I'm going to be j swapping anytime soon, but I did find a TL with all swap components available for a very convincing price...

YouTube Clicky!!

the H motor fits in our car, but only using stock CB7 mounts bolted to it. The Prelude (similar to the 5th gen accord) uses different mounts that are off by an inch or two in a couple directions. They would probably be a good match in terms of a base set, but I would guess that it would still require modifying the chassis or mounts to some extent.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I wonder how much freedom the brackets have in our chassis. Of course, one will have to be welded, more than likely the passenger's side where the transmission bolts up. I haven't found any build threads from anyone on the 'Lude forums using these. There are only a couple v6 Preludes anyway.

Also, It may be a better option than modding the EG or EJ mounts to work.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Get a welder, and make your own?
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

For $500, you could buy a pretty decent MIG! And have the benefit of fabricating other parts, I need to learn how to weld, just have to get out there and do it

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

A MIG is my next tool purchase, there are so many things I can fix and make with it, it could actually make me money.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Assuming the mounts are two piece(engine side and body side), the engine side of the mounts should be just fine. Depending on how far off the prelude mounts are on the Accord chassis(you're definitely going to have to hack off the passenger side mount, so that's not really a problem), it really may not be THAT much more effort to put the J-series using the Prelude mount kit into an Accord than putting the J-series into the Prelude.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Working...
              X