Rear drum to disc conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear drum to disc conversion

Hello and thanks for coming. Today I purchased the rear disc setup from the waggon and am going to attempt to convert my LX coupe's drums to discs. Since I have the trailing arms out with the set I'm taking this time to replace the trailing arm bushings.

I picked up the parts in the Bronx for 100 bucks. Not too bad. I came with everything. This is also my chance to add the rear lower toe control arms as well. How do you post pictures?

I actually found an entire post on this project. Sorry.

Comment

If these came from a wagon you will have binding issues with the angle of the rear lower control arms. Also, if you ever wanted to go 5-lug, these knuckles won't support it.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        If these came from a wagon you will have binding issues with the angle of the rear lower control arms. Also, if you ever wanted to go 5-lug, these knuckles won't support it.
        exactly

i stayed drum when i did my 5 lug conversion
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I got these from ceeloboob. He said they were on his cb7. I hope they work out. I just bought some drilled and slotted rotors and I just pressed new trailing arm bushings today. I think they came off the ex.

Comment

If they came from a wagon then of course they're from an EX. That doesn't mean you're in any better shape. Unless you plan to swap the wagon/CD5/Vigor/many others rear subframe underneath it, you will have binding issues.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

and FYI, you will need the e-brake cables too.

Comment

EX wagons had rear disc brakes?

Comment

In 1992 and 1993 they did. That only applies to the US. In Canada, it was the EX-R for those years.

Comment

I have a Wagon and I swapped to CD rear trailing arms for my disc swap. I haven't had binding issues. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Comment

You're misunderstanding something.

The spacing of the rear lower control arms for the CB wagon is the same as the CD/CE Accord. The only car to have narrow control arm spacing is the CB coupe and sedan. So, for the purposes of not binding the suspension, '91-'97 Accord wagon and '94-'97 Accord coupes and sedans can interchange rear knuckles. The '90-'93 Accord coupes and sedans have a 30mm narrower spacing.

In your case, you have a wagon (wider spacing) and you swapped to '94-'97 (wider spacing) rear knuckles. At least I assume you meant rear knuckles as the trailing arms don't have anything to do with the conversation here.

Comment

Working...
                      X