90' Accord LX vs VW VR6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90' Accord LX vs VW VR6

My buddy owns a 04' VR6 completely stock 5spd. I've raced against him in my old 97' Eclipse Spyder GS-T and whooped him good. When I bought my accord (stock, 5spd) we decided to play again after work. (6 in the morning no traffic)

Pulled up to the light and had it revved to 2g. Light turn green and off when went. I got him through 4 gear by 4 cars lengths. We pretty much raced till we got on the freeway where we passed each other multiple times.
    We got off at his exit and pulled up to another light. Again cranked her up to 2g and dropped him. While we were playing a Ferd Probe that was rice out decided it want in on our little deal. We all pulled to the next light. Again same thing. Me and my buddy pulled out at the same time. (I spun the tires too much) Halfway through third all we could see of the probe was headlights in our mirrors. We both slowed down to the speed limit and the probe did the famous fly by.

My buddy now has had the Evo upgrade done to his car and is looking to do more. All I've done since our last encounter was a DIY air intake. We'll prolly race again in the morning and I'll let ya'll know how that turns out.
    Last edited by 84Blazin; 12-26-2005, 07:09 AM.
    90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
    Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

what is your buddy's car? jetta, gti? anyways, if your accord has a stock f22a motor, there is no way you can beat him or even come close. for a stock car, a vr6 has some good pull.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
      what is your buddy's car? jetta, gti? anyways, if your accord has a stock f22a motor, there is no way you can beat him or even come close. for a stock car, a vr6 has some good pull.

Yeah those VR6s have like 200hp stock. F22 only have 135hp stock
      5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

Comment

Yeah, i new VR6 should pull a lot harder than our stock accords.

I have a 1999 VW Passat turbo that isn't any faster than my 92 accord ex.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord1
          Yeah those VR6s have like 200hp stock. F22 only have 135hp stock
          f22a1 which is what he has, has 125.

ur thinking of the f22b2 which has 135.

Comment

I was in a race last week with in my friends Rover 600 Turbo approx 220hp and that was against a mk3 Vr6 and it pulled hard against us was pulling away up to 3rd gear them we pulled back on him bout 100-130 but had alot of low down power for sure theres no way a standard Cb would keep with one IMO
            Last edited by UK - Accord; 01-06-2006, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I beat a 2002 Gti Vr6 by a car length, with H22....

Comment

Hmm I would have to agree w/ other members on this site. Unless your buddy don't know how to drive a 5spd very well than its likely you beat him. But those vr6's pull hard as a bitch, shit even the GTi's pull hard. Theres no way that you coulda pulled on him like that if he knew how to drive. I couldnt even beat my friends rex when I was stock. And all he had was a I/H/E/Cam gear

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

sorry just gotta call it how i see it.

Comment

2 weeks old and now your calling BS.. Yes I pulled on him. Why and How you ask.. traction control. He didnt know how to disable it. Once he hit 4g his engine would bog. Two he is not a experienced racer. He has never once been to a track nor has he ever practiced shift points etc etc. Experience does win sometimes. But Hey I have every reason to lie because this is the internet right?
                    90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
                    Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

Originally posted by xwade01
                      Hmm I would have to agree w/ other members on this site. Unless your buddy don't know how to drive a 5spd very well than its likely you beat him. But those vr6's pull hard as a bitch, shit even the GTi's pull hard. Theres no way that you coulda pulled on him like that if he knew how to drive. I couldnt even beat my friends rex when I was stock. And all he had was a I/H/E/Cam gear
                      k um the gti is the vr6, they come in 1.8t, vr6 and just regular 2.0 i think.

and ur buddys wrx has a header?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                        k um the gti is the vr6, they come in 1.8t, vr6 and just regular 2.0 i think.

and ur buddys wrx has a header?
                        rex = honda crx I believe...

Comment

Originally posted by h22accordaz
                          rex = honda crx I believe...
                          yup it is... Hell its possible to beat a viper if the driver sucks... I remember seeing one pull a 14 flat on its very first run down the track... Anything is possible. I've been pulling on most of the GT stangs I've been racing around. Mostly cause they cant drive. I'd post stories but most of ya'll would throw up bs signs so whats the point?
                          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                          registration is free

Comment

I raced a Goped and lost.....
                            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

i've raced a vr6 jetta before and i got killed by about 2 cars, we were both stock so i'm calling BS. plus it was a girl driving when i raced her so ya..

Comment

Working...
                              X