Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rear disc swap need to know what all is involved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear disc swap need to know what all is involved

i bought a car with a rear disc swap but im having issues with braking and i just wanna make sure they did it right.... please help

Originally posted by bbolen724 View Post
    i bought a car with a rear disc swap but im having issues with braking and i just wanna make sure they did it right.... please help
    okay??? first that doesn't help anyone that's trying to answer your question

we need more info like what is it doing
    hows it drive or brake (which i hope your not driving the car with a braking issue)

Comment

theres probably a handful of solid diy threads on here, even w/o that information you can pull your wheels and inspect everything like any other car to start with. to be honest if youre feeling "brake problems" the fronts need the work, rear do so little if you did feel anything back there, theyre trashed and the car needs not driven. Id start with the easiest and bleed the brakes right.

Last edited by illinois_erik; 09-02-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

bleeding the brakes should help. have you checked the brake fluid reservoir to make sure there is enough fluid? that the fluid isn't dirty?

while you're bleeding the brakes, check the brake pads to see if they are worn.

if those all check out fine and you are still having problems, just let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          theres probably a handful of solid diy threads on here, even w/o that information you can pull your wheels and inspect everything like any other car to start with. to be honest if youre feeling "brake problems" the fronts need the work, rear do so little if you did feel anything back there, theyre trashed and the car needs not driven. Id start with the easiest and bleed the brakes right.

That isn't true

None of that needs to be done to bleed the brakes on an ABS car

That is the procedure for bleeding the ABS system. The abs brake fluid and regular brake fluid never come in contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            That isn't true

That is the procedure for bleeding the ABS system. The abs brake fluid and regular brake fluid never come in contact.
            your telling me that you have a separate reservoir for your abs?

your abs system uses the brake fluid if there are bubbles in the system they can get trapped in the abs unit... the only way to get these bubbles out is to actuate the solenoids either by scan tool or by executing an abs stop. then the bubbles can be bled out normally

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              That isn't true

the visuals are more for the order of caliper purging. i happened to do it the 91-93 way, and saw this in a book at work.

purging the abs, really w/o fucking with it get a turkey baster and evacuate the abs reservoir and refill with fresh fluid after flushing the regular system, then go and work the abs, theres so little old fluid left after that its negligible.

Comment

thanks for the brake bleeding procedure but i have that in both of my brake spec books at work the main issue is there is a noise in the RR and i just wanted to maybe see pics and potentially a parts list of everything that was needed for the swap just to make sure nothing was rigged cause no one wants a brake failure lol

Comment

Maybe it's a bad wheel bearing and not brakes at all.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Wait I belive that cb7's with factory rear drums don't come with abs. Only the ones with factory disc brakes all around. So he most likely doesn't have abs on his car if they were swaped in unless who ever did it managed to wire up the abs system which I doubt.

I swaped out my proportion valve to a 50/50 instead of the 60/40 I was locking up the front tires under heavy braking because not enough pressure was going to the back.
                    Last edited by NVmyCB7; 09-03-2013, 03:03 AM.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

I know its not converted to abs nor will it ever its too hard too play in the snow with abs lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                        your telling me that you have a separate reservoir for your abs?

your abs system uses the brake fluid if there are bubbles in the system they can get trapped in the abs unit... the only way to get these bubbles out is to actuate the solenoids either by scan tool or by executing an abs stop. then the bubbles can be bled out normally
                        Ever cb7 with ABS has a separate reservoir for the ABS

You don't get air trapped in the ABS unit, its just a line going through it with a solenoid that can move to close off the line.

This is how the system works

Comment

nice information ill have to take a look at my coupe to see if there is an issue with that

Comment

Working...
                          X