Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

kill switch, security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kill switch, security

Hi I am posting to ask how is a good way to keep my cb7 from being stolen. I am about to move into the city where a lot of Honda's get stolen. I was thinking of putting a kill switch on the fuel pump so the car will not get fuel, so that way I can't be started when an if someone trys to still it. Has anyone done this? How is it done? I am also open to other ways also? I could sure use the help....

Originally posted by hondaboy8343 View Post
    I was thinking of putting a kill switch on the fuel pump so the car will not get fuel, so that way I can't be started when an if someone trys to still it. Has anyone done this?
    yes

How is it done?
    with a switch

I could sure use the help....
    https://www.google.com/search?q=kill...w.cb7tuner.com

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Adding a switch to any wire that is necessary to start the car will function as a kill switch.

Posting about it on a public forum is not a good idea, though. It's like asking for suggestions on what your ATM PIN number should be!

Comment

Fuel pump kill switch is the easiest to find and first that an experienced thief will look at.

Any thief that is good at what they do will get passed a simple switch. I think the most important part is keeping the switch itself sneaky and low key.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Also be sure to install it very carefully... as a poorly installed switch can just as easily make it so YOU can't drive your car! A short in the wrong place could blow fuses, fry relays, or even damage the ECU itself.

Honestly, these cars aren't worth much to thieves anymore. Even if you have lots of expensive parts... most thieves will take the parts and leave the car.

Comment

The solution is simple. Don't move to an area you know is bad.

Comment

Thiefs are hard at work learning how to overcome things like a kill switch on a fuel pump. Only if they worked that hard to get a job we wouldn't have to worry. I've heard of them hooking up a battery power straight to the pump. Mostly civics do to easy access.

If anything kill the computer. It resets every time and it disable's the works
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                The solution is simple. Don't move to an area you know is bad.
                A smart thief doesn't steal from the bad areas... they go to the good areas to steal the good stuff!

Comment

lol look on surplus sites, you can find some cool shite. so you could install an atm keypad and type in a code in order to start up

Comment

I understand an thanks for all the input. But i don't have much of a choice on where I'm moving right now. Have to start some where. I'll keep searching an try an come up with the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      A smart thief doesn't steal from the bad areas... they go to the good areas to steal the good stuff!
                      While that is true, thieves will go anywhere. Cops however take more care in defending certain areas against theft and do more for other people living in these areas to retrieve thier belongings.

Comment

Killswitches won't save your car, even expensive alarms fail.

If they really want your car, it's gone.

Any car can be stolen, even new models with immobilizers.

The best way to retrieve a car is what you should look into, LoJack etc.

They even make your insurance cheaper.

If you really want a killswitch, you need one with a loud horn. So atleast people will hear a theft attempt.

Next would be a fuel pump/ignition killswitch. Hidden of course.

They can always bypass the killswitch if they find it.

Moving on.

To delay them even further is a aftermarket removable steering wheel.

Preferably a 100% custom job or they can just drive away with their own steering wheel.

There's no sure fire method to prevent a car jacking. All you can do is delay it.

And if they can't steal it, they will beat your car to shit with a baseball bat or something of that matter.

The list of delaying them can go on and on.

The only thing I can think of that will delay them until they give up or until they merely just tow your car away would be to change your connecting pins to your and the pins to the ecu.

Carry a backpack and take your ecu and steering wheel wherever you go.

For me, I would rather just put a name brand gps tracking like LoJack or the sorts.

Report your car stolen as soon as you can to find their chop shop or home and get all the bastards put in their place.

You'll make a lot of people much happier getting them off the street.

Comment

More often than not, thieves are after parts, not necessarily the car itself. Theres a few forums around where I live where people have shown thieves flatbedding cars in order to steal them. Then they can spend as much time as they want getting around a killswitch/stripping parts.

But of course this is generally the case with modified hondas (civics and integras). I'm not sure how much of a target a stock cb7 is.

Comment

Kill the main relay.
                            MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

I once owned a car that had a security chip under the dash. Hidden of course. If you didn't have the chip plugged in you couldn't start the car. Plus there is always the option of making it a push button start and hiding the button somewhere as well. There are plenty of little tricks you can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X