Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 turbo

I know this has been covered over and over and i have been researching. i just have a couple questions. The dsm manifold will work with modification. is there a writeup on what to drill? or do you just put the gasket on and go from there. also can i use a 2nd gen dsm one? and choosing the turbo. im looking to boost about 8-10 lbs. would like boost at 3500 and would like 220whp or so. evo 3 turbo? or just a 16g? also ive never done any tune but i do have a chipped ecu. would i need like an adjustable fpr and the rest would be taken care of in the chip? ill probly have more questions.

Dsm 2g manifolds will work I believe, they are for the 4g63 correct? If so just needs some drilling to mount.

Make sure it's level before you drill, like bolted to a thick wooden plank of some sort while you drill.

As for turbos, pick something medium sized. Don't skimp on turbos. Too much is at risk to be buying ghetto rigged parts. Get a t3/t4 hybrid or some shit lol.

Small turbos respond the best but create excessive heat.

Medium/hybrid turbos are great, power early at atleast 3k rpms is what you want. Has some top end too. Very possible to cruise out of boost and save some gas.

Theres a huge list to go turbo.

You still need a map sensor bypass so you don't destroy your map.

Larger injectors, 450cc or larger.

Chipped ecu with some sort of management you can hookup on your laptop and datalog to tune. Crome, aem, hondata etc

255Lph fuel pump

High efficiency radiator

Etc
    Last edited by MrMagnificent; 10-10-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

14b/16g turbo is awesome for this platform if you set it up correctly. And, it'll mate to a dsm manifold so you should be able to find both for cheap.

I am not offering to sell, just stating that I have sold plenty of 14b turbo's for less than $150 in perfect condition and you can get replacement OEM dsm manifolds in brand new for $100 or so if you shop around. If you really look, you'll get one with a new heat shield too.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Well as I stated in my previous post that got me banned for a couple days for trying to sell on begginers forum which I wasnt. When there was no talk about Il sell you or I have parts for sale. Just a mod not being able to comprehend the English language and taking words out of context or in some cases known as loop holes.

The EVO 3 turbo is a 16g most people go after the 14b just because there very common in junk yards. I have pulled off about 25 or so and some yards have flat prices I get the 14b with maifold for 70 all the time. pick n pull keeps inventory online so if you keep looking for a dsm with turbo just look every other day until the car pops up and go pick it up. Laser, talon, and eclipse.

I have a spare dsm turbo set up. (So I don't get banned its for my cb7) I can pretty much walk you through what you need. My set up is a fairly ok. I have dsm 1st gen manifold, 14b turbo off a Plymouth laser, dsm 450 blue top fuel injectors, laser down pipe welded to a cb7 bottom half of exhaust, synapse blow off valve, 2.5 charge pipes, 30X9 bar intercooler, innovative g2 air fuel gauge, phantom autometer boost gauge, phantom oil pressure gauge, chipped P06, ostrich to tune and crome. if your serious about it let me know.(wish I had someone to offer me knowledge about going turbo instead of a bunch of people saying that there's a search button for a reason) if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Just to let people know none of this stuff is for sale. If it was it would be in the for sale area. As I am aware of the rules.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

Originally posted by NVmyCB7 View Post
          Pm me I got a spare dsm kit if your serious..
          Looks to me like you're trying to sell it.
          Now, if you wish to criticize the staff of this website for doing their job, I suggest you leave. It is not our responsibility to figure out what you mean. It is your responsibility to make yourself clear.
          Also, if you want to criticize someone's ability to use the English language, it would probably be wise to actually know how to use it yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X