Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

header questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get it bro, if u want it 2 look nice then do you... u will feel your car breathing better over oem manifold, at least feel the car smoother..
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I would go for it, but honestly even if you buy a cheap ebay header I would buy a set of Fel-Pro gaskets so you don't have any issues a couple hundred miles down the road.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
      WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

do they carry the fel-pro gaskets at local parts stores?autozone, advanced, napa, etc.? im prolly just going to buy the header from ebay. theyll look nice for $75 shipped. itll do me fine until i get next years income tax $$ for a rebuild/h22 swap. ive got 3 kiddos so i should bank $7-8k.hoorah!
        " the only thing that stands between a Marine and God, is a Corpsman "

"Don't shoot your mouth off unless your brains are loaded"

Comment

You might find it cheaper than 80
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
            You might find it cheaper than 80
            the header or gasket?lol i found the header for $73.99 w/ free ship here*
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...item2a06b2a514 *

now, are the headers(plural again) for the a4 and a1 the same? the ebay ones only specify the lx/dx and ive got the a4(ex)
            Last edited by hmchaos; 06-26-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Yes, they are the same. The gaskets should be available at your local parts store.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
              WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

great! thanks for all the help and input

Comment

Fast - cheap - good: you can have any two

I thought I would chime in a bit about this, you could spend a little bit of money and it will be good, but for how long?

The reason I say this is that alot of these no name companies and brands do not have anything going for them besides price. I know the economy is harsh and we are all penny pinching as much as possible! But lets break it down like this;

-For a custom header most companies are charging upwards of $1200
                  -When you pay for knock off components, you may be 1-3 hundred depending; if you have to replace that more than once you are going to end up paying close to the same amount as one of our Bisimoto headers or a name brand competitor
                  -We here at Bisimoto custom build each header to the specifications of our client, this is why we are able to back up our claims on performance

So whats the big deal?

WELL look at it like this, you are getting something custom suited to YOUR particular vehicle setup for half the price of what companies may charge you. Why does all of this get brought up? Well simple, its economics.

Buy it right the first time and dont worry about it ever again. Its like measuring twice and cutting once. Why potentially end up getting yourself into a situation where you get excessively stressed out and have to get under the car over and over again when you can do it right once and not have to worry. In the event that your China header fails once you not only have to buy another one, but pull the old one off, wait for the new one, and then you still run the chance of that header potentially failing. Or in the event you buy a China header the first time and then end up upgrading to a name brand reputable you end up paying that much more when you could have done it right in the first place. By going with these inferior products you end up paying little by little over and over again, eventually it adds up to a lot. I will admit I have used cheap chinese parts in the past and true some of them have lasted much longer that I would have expected, but its like why live with the worry?

I will simply say this, even if you do not go with a Bisimoto header, spend the extra money the first time and not have to worry about it ever again! It makes life so much easier. I mean here is my bias opinion:

"if your going to do it right, do it right the first time!"
                  Last edited by randull; 06-28-2010, 04:36 PM. Reason: added text
                  Bisimoto Engineering
                  Randy@Bisimoto.com
                  (888)-922-6686

Comment

thats a good and valid pov. thanks, i sorta didnt see it from that angle. BUT, im still a poor b@st@rd now, so ill most likely end up buying a cheap header. that and im very impatient, so if i can get it now(cheap) ill do it now.

ps- and do you frickin work for Bisimoto or something?lol... im still not sold... what other sales pitches you have?lol

Comment

Originally posted by randull View Post
                      [B][I][U]Fast - cheap - good: you can have any two

I thought I would chime in a bit about this, you could spend a little bit of money and it will be good, but for how long?

The reason I say this is that alot of these no name companies and brands do not have anything going for them besides price. But lets break it down like this;
                      -When you pay for knock off components, you may be 1-3 hundred depending; if you have to replace that more than once you are going to end up paying close to the same amount as one of our Bisimoto headers or a name brand competitor
                      -We here at Bisimoto custom build each header to the specifications of our client, this is why we are able to back up our claims on performance

So whats the big deal?

WELL look at it like this, you are getting something custom suited to YOUR particular vehicle setup for half the price of what companies may charge you. Why does all of this get brought up? Well simple, its economics.

Buy it right the first time and dont worry about it ever again. Its like measuring twice and cutting once. Why potentially end up getting yourself into a situation where you get excessively stressed out and have to get under the car over and over again when you can do it right once and not have to worry. In the event that your China header fails once you not only have to buy another one, but pull the old one off, wait for the new one, and then you still run the chance of that header potentially failing. Or in the event you buy a China header the first time and then end up upgrading to a name brand reputable you end up paying that much more when you could have done it right in the first place. By going with these inferior products you end up paying little by little over and over again, eventually it adds up to a lot. I will admit I have used cheap chinese parts in the past and true some of them have lasted much longer that I would have expected, but its like why live with the worry?

I will simply say this, even if you do not go with a Bisimoto header, spend the extra money the first time and not have to worry about it ever again! It makes life so much easier. I mean here is my bias opinion:

"if your going to do it right, do it right the first time!"
                      im still tripping on this script.lol. thats some sh!t id expect to hear if i called bisimoto(or if they showed up at my front door trying to pedal their parts) lol. d@mn, my hat is off to you sir!

** "Please stay on the line after the call to take a brief survey about our sales team" jk. welcome aboard randull!!

Comment

He's from Bisimoto...

Comment

Bingo guys!

I am indeed from Bisimoto!

To be honest with you guys, that has been my point of view for a while. Call it my ethic, moral standpoint, or point of view but plain and simple I buy quality and buy it the first time! Having done three years of mechanical engineering, I know what it takes to make a quality product and I know what can happen when someone just decides to copy and paste a design, its never pretty!

I've learned this lesson the hard way being an AR15 enthusiast here in Kaliforniastan! I bought a cheap non mil spec AR15 lower reciever that failed epically at a carbine class I took in Vegas! Buying cheap just means your buying cheap over and over and OVER again!

HMChaos, I see your point, I too am overly impatient, but what I hate even more than that is having to buy the same thing over and over and over again multiple times and then realizing I've spent either the same to buy quality name brand or more. I understand that times are tough for everyone and that these cheap replicas are appealing but like they say, you get what you pay for.

The point that really makes me wish that more people were willing to invest in quality versus China price is the fact that it pulls money away from companies that have invested in the development. For me I look at it as being highly unfair that these R&D engineers bust there rear ends to develop top notch product that delivers to simply have it ripped off and copied by someone overseas.

In all seriousness, and I'll prolly take flack for this, but everytime I see someone brag about there China replica I imagine an engineer having to work more hours to provide for a family while someone over seas is still having to bust there rear end and not see the benefit either of being ripped off. To me its a FUBAR situation. The original engineer and his company loses money, the company over seas is likely pursuing slave labor type conditions while those people get paid next to nothing, and finally the consumer gets a poor product.

No one wins, in the end. I know it seems like I am coming from a business standpoint but honestly if you want real performance and you want something that will last, buy quality and buy it the first time!

Hope I am not scaring you guys away, but thats just my point of view, I want to make sure that everyone gets to enjoy quality performance and service. Us as consumers have to uphold that standard and demand it if we want to this industry to continue!
                          Bisimoto Engineering
                          Randy@Bisimoto.com
                          (888)-922-6686

Comment

nuff said. case closed

Comment

if you ask me get no name over dc and if you have real money get a more expensive one. dc makes more power than ebay but break way to fast. i like tri y headers but dont know if they make them for h or f motors. and any header brings f series alive, thats where that motor lacks flow is in the exhaust valves. the only thing i bought was a 65 dollar ebay header, a intake from a friend for 15 bucks pulled my injector filters out and my balance belt off and gutted everything down to 2600 with me. beat ls hatches all day. i ran like that forever. then came vtec.lol

Comment

so i got the no namers off ebay. i paid $73 shipped. i should get them soon. thanks for all the input, but like i said, for now i just want something to replace the rusted em. if i get or feel some power, thats great, but not my concern now. ill worry about power and performance after my rebuild(planned for feb 2011).maybe then i can afford a nice set along with the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X