Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

P06 ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P06 ecu?

I picked up a free p06 ecu today. It's already socketed to be tuned or you call it "chipped"? I obviously want to tune my car to get the most out of it. So what is the p06 capable of? This exact ecu actually came from a 2001 ex civic with a 5 speed & d16y8 vtec setup. I think they call em mini me setups?

Can this P06 tune the Iabs? Because I want mine functioning around 30-3500rpm or so. Not 4700rpm like stock.
    I'd like to adjust fuel & timing maps if needed
    Setup a rev limiter
    Setup a 2step/launch control.
    No speed limiter

Sounds like ob2 to ob1 the po6 will work but you need a new fuel map as the ecm set up to run a smaller motor and not our 2.2 so dont just plug it in and think its gona work just fine.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

Originally posted by NVmyCB7 View Post
      Sounds like ob2 to ob1 the po6 will work but you need a new fuel map as the ecm set up to run a smaller motor and not our 2.2 so dont just plug it in and think its gona work just fine.
      Ya the ecu is a ob1 he had the jumper harness. The remap is obvious but bigger thing is will this ecu run my Iabs and what not?

I've searched online and found info that says it can & will work & others saying no chance it'll control the Iabs.

Comment

Where this ECU was run on an LSV/Mini Me, I would assume that it has VTEC components added to it. So if you are not running a VTEC engine, you could have the VTEC output control the IAB solenoid.

Or, most P06 ECU boards have the ability to add the IAB circuit/control components. That way you could run VTEC and have the IAB circuit as well.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Exactly.
          The P06 is not configured to operate the IAB system in stock form, but the circuitry can be added.

Setting the IAB to open sooner without corresponding airflow mods would be useless. In fact, you'd probably experience a dip in power at that point. With a larger camshaft, header, exhaust, and maybe even headwork, THEN the lower IAB opening point could help.

You WILL need to adjust the fuel maps. That's the main function of a tune.

Launch control can be dangerous. In this instance, it will only be a fuel cut. That means when you use it, you're going to be running dangerously lean. Use it sparingly. I have launch control on my P28, and it will occasionally kick in when I'm off the clutch, causing a major hiccup in 1st gear.

I'm not going to address "no speed limiter"...

Comment

I am having the same trouble with my IABs not opening. Where can I send the ECU to get the circuitry added for IAB activation? Is this a relatively easy/inexpensive proposition? I have a 92 Accord EX Coupe 5 sod with P06 OBD1 stock ECU. I have verified my IAB solenoid works and the vacuum tank and lines are good. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm running a p06 on my h22. Hondata a 300

Xenocron sells an add on for the iab it's real easy to do. Look in my MRT on the second page. I think I out pics in there. It's not difficult Bc I did it.

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X