No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the burnt orange color, I wanted to paint my crx that color with a smoked clear over it... still knocking out amazing upgrades to your CB, inspiring to say the least.

Comment

Why did you decide on wagon rear arms? They're heavy!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        Why did you decide on wagon rear arms? They're heavy!
        They really aren't that much heavier than the stamped steel arms. Also they don't cost $400 for a set of stiffer arms.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

But if you get them because of one marginal performance benefit (stiffness), why take away from a more significant, if also marginal, benefit (weight) to achieve it? Is the small increase in stiffness really going to be taken advantage of?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            But if you get them because of one marginal performance benefit (stiffness), why take away from a more significant, if also marginal, benefit (weight) to achieve it? Is the small increase in stiffness really going to be taken advantage of?
            Well in doing auto cross I'm sure the stamped steel arms are flexing a little bit under the high stresses. I do auto cross in the summers. I actually have a set of coupe/sedan arms with bushings laying on the floor of the garage right now. This weekend I'm installing another set of Prothane rear control arm bushings in some wagon arms. I'm going to weight both sets of arms and see what the weight differences actually are. I will report back Cyborg.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I’m not that intent on shaving weight off of this car. I go Up and down in weight depending on what I remove or add anyways. I’ve heard that since the wagon arms are the same shaping as the sedan/coupe arms they have more clearance for the exhaust. The aftermarket stuff doesn’t follow the shape as closely and can get in the way of a nicer correctly tucked exhaust. I need that more than less weight. Plus with another set I can swap out bushings and clean & paint without having to remove what’s on my car now. It all works out.
              5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Yeah, the 'second set' idea is what I did with my RSX's fronts to minimize downtime since it's my ride to work.

I was just curious, thanks. Exhaust fitment on a lowered car is justification enough!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

So the big piston calipers went on this weekend. Straight forward easy swap. Nice to do an easy upgrade for a change.

Here is a couple comparison pics of the wagon calipers on the left EX coupe on the right. The wagon is definitely bigger. Look at the front of the casting also. The U shape is even bigger. I don’t have measuring calipers but in person it’s easy to tell the difference.

Once again my bumper is off and the headlights are out. Getting ready for my new set. Hopefully they’ll be done this week. I’m inching to drive again.

~Mark~

Comment

I want to show everyone a few teaser pics of my new one piece headlights. They are just about done. I’ll polish the outer lenses and clear them this weekend.

The top one piece is my current setup. Basically clear and chrome with a black housed main reflector. The new one definitely has more personality to it.

You can see here that only the outer part of the fin I left chrome. Also the projector is blacked out on the inside of the halo. I left only a small chrome ring just behind the halo on the outer housing. The rest of the outer housing is black as well as the reflector bucket behind all of it. I really love how it all has come together. I miss having yellow highs also.

They’ll be in the car soon hopefully by early next week. Stay tuned!

~Mark~

Comment

Where did you get that halo ?

Comment

Where did you get that halo ?
                        From EBay. They’re like $55 shipped. They work good too.

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                          From EBay. They’re like $55 shipped. They work good too.
                          Looks amazing! That's what I wanted to do (copy BMW look) but couldn't find these. Ended up using full rings but they go up into the light where you can't see them kind of thing...

pic

People under estimate how hard it is to do these properly!

Comment

John is your reflector black housed or is everything stock chrome with amber corners?

~Mark~

Comment

I like the no yellow highs look. Way cleaner
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Heres the thing about a clear high in my car. I have DRL headlights so even if I put a nice 6000k bulb in, the lower amperage change to light the DRL’s makes it look yellow. A dull yellow. So I went with what I liked before I had my one piece headlights.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X