No announcement yet.

lets talk about vaping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW. Very opinionated members we have eh? I think everyone has thier own right to believe what they want. This is what makes America great! Specifically speaking of Vaping, i definitely thinks it's a safer alternative to actual cigarette smoking. I'm not saying it's safe, like Deev said, it comes with its own set of health issues. As a smoker of 10+ years, this is by far the best option in helping be quit. I think people should use common sense and not vape infront of others or in situations that are inappropriate. I've been vaping for 6 weeks now and have given it the same treatment i do with cigarettes, doing it outside and away from people. Just because its not cigarette smoke doesn't mean i should just do it wherever, whenever. In any case, Vaping is safer than cigarettes based on my personal experience. I don't have that horrible mucus crap in my mouth when i wake up in the morning. That in itself (for smokers) is an improvement. Is Vaping as safe as NOT smoking? of course not. Is Vaping a better alternative to Cigarette smoking? YES.

Comment

So, one thing I've noticed is that all of the concern seems to be over the need for the "smoke" effect. Why not just dissolve the nicotine in the best possible solvent (that'd be the one that is least harmful to humans; maybe water!), and just vaporize that? Presto, problem solved? Do I need to start selling "organic/green/mondo-healthy/anti-death" eCig juice? This doesn't address the social issue really, but it's possible it may change the minds of a number of folks. If the second-hand nicotine that comes about is only in trace amounts or something, then I would say that's a pretty good case for the eCig users.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
        So, one thing I've noticed is that all of the concern seems to be over the need for the "smoke" effect. Why not just dissolve the nicotine in the best possible solvent (that'd be the one that is least harmful to humans; maybe water!), and just vaporize that? Presto, problem solved? Do I need to start selling "organic/green/mondo-healthy/anti-death" eCig juice? This doesn't address the social issue really, but it's possible it may change the minds of a number of folks. If the second-hand nicotine that comes about is only in trace amounts or something, then I would say that's a pretty good case for the eCig users.
        you can buy juice with 100% pg in it. you get little to no smoke. the more pg to vg ratio the less smoke you get.
        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
          you can buy juice with 100% pg in it. you get little to no smoke. the more pg to vg ratio the less smoke you get.
          Wikipedia says Nicotine is miscible (like soluable, but for liquid:liquid; apparently nicotine is a liquid at room temperature) with water. As well, it's boiling point is 477 degrees Fahrenheit, perhaps that's not reachable and the PG is therefor required. Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Now if ya'll 'scuse me, I'm gonna go smoke a coffee creamer.
            ^LOL

Is it bad to say I inhale open header v-Tak everytime I open my e-cutout and like it? I just came back from the Philippines and my inlaws think i'm crazy for not putting a towel over my face while riding around the probably "gross polluter" status jeepneys.

My coworker wanted me to get this brand e-juice called "Clouds of Icarus" that is pretty popular over there. He used to be a heavy smoker and switched over to the e-cig thing. He's starting a trend here in the workplace. Sometimes I walk around and I see clouds coming from cubicles.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
            JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
            1994 Prelude V-Tec
            1999 CL 3.0
            2000 Prelude
            2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
            1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
            1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
            1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

The vaping thing has invaded my office at work as well. I don't mind it for the most part, but some of the flavors smell like crap. One of the flavors a guy uses frequently smells like burnt sawdust with cinnamon mixed in, it's nasty.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I think the perception of people is more of an issue than whatever the facts may be. If your average parent is walking around a store with their little kid, and they see you vaping near the kid... smoke or not, that parent may be concerned. They don't know enough about it, and therefore it may be a threat to their child.

Things may change as more is learned about it, both in terms of the health effects and in general social awareness.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  I think the perception of people is more of an issue than whatever the facts may be. If your average parent is walking around a store with their little kid, and they see you vaping near the kid... smoke or not, that parent may be concerned. They don't know enough about it, and therefore it may be a threat to their child.

Things may change as more is learned about it, both in terms of the health effects and in general social awareness.
                  i think that kinda plays on that "people are afraid of what they don't understand" thing.
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Wikipedia says Nicotine is miscible (like soluable, but for liquid:liquid; apparently nicotine is a liquid at room temperature) with water. As well, it's boiling point is 477 degrees Fahrenheit, perhaps that's not reachable and the PG is therefor required. Hmm...
                    i have no idea lol.
                    visit vgruk

Comment

i think that kinda plays on that "people are afraid of what they don't understand" thing.
                      I don't necessarily agree here,

It's not that a parent doesn't understand, it would not be asking too much to NOT smoke/vape around a child.

Obv kids will see things all the time, and you can't keep them locked in a cellar their whole life, but common decency would say that you DONT have to smoke/vape every place you possibly can.

Again, coming from someone who use to smoke and lived through the initial stages of bars/restaurants banning smoking.

I didn't throw a fit, I moved on with my life.

So even though you CAN vape where ever you want, doesn't mean you should.

I agree the same rules should be applied that reg smokers abide by.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                        I don't necessarily agree here,

It's not that a parent doesn't understand, it would not be asking too much to NOT smoke/vape around a child.

Obv kids will see things all the time, and you can't keep them locked in a cellar their whole life, but common decency would say that you DONT have to smoke/vape every place you possibly can.

Again, coming from someone who use to smoke and lived through the initial stages of bars/restaurants banning smoking.

I didn't throw a fit, I moved on with my life.

So even though you CAN vape where ever you want, doesn't mean you should.

I agree the same rules should be applied that reg smokers abide by.
                        i agree with you on the not vaping everywhere. i only vape when it will not bother anyone. if im sitting in a corner in the burger king like i do in most places i eat you bet your ass i wll vape if the smoke will not bother anyone.

i dont vape anywhere i can. i mite take a hoot or 2 in the walmart when no one is around. as long as i have been vaping i have never even received one dirty look
                        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                          In Florida, there is actually a law that says you cannot fart in public after 6pm.

Is this true in all counties or the whole state? Because if so then....

The Facebook group

Comment

Originally posted by KpoweredCB7 View Post
                            I bought this today:

It's an Ego, Kangertech Pro Tank and apple e-juice

I like it and sprung for the kangertech tank because it holds more and is glass instead of plastic.

i just relized that what you might have there is the protank 2. its got a galss tank but instead of a cardo its an atty. much much better vaping. it just came out and im getting one!!
                            visit vgruk

Comment

Totally not my issue with it at all.

People fail to realize that in expressing their own right to freedom, they often times intrude on someone elses.

In my opinion, the person "taking it there" is responsible and has the obligation to be aware of others. People that "vape" in the check out lane, well, they are the ones "taking it there" but show no regard for other peoples interest in doing their own thing.

Just like POS people that cannot help but play music on their cell phone all loud and shit like their trip down the cereal aisle needs a soundtrack. You know what I am talking about, Im sure of it. Some people are just assholes whenever they get a chance to be one, and this vaping thing is catching on among people that like to be outright fucking obnoxious.

Like this guy at the junkyard.

He was vaping while checking out every single customer. I mean, I was in line 4-5 minutes and you'd thought he was getting fucked up or something. He must have hit that thing 9-10 times while helping 3 people ahead of me.

Then I get up there.

2-3 wire bulb sockets with pig tails, a valve cover, two engine brackets and a pair of fog lights.

Guy hit his "vape" thingy 3 times while he was helping me and then again after we were done but before the next guy drops his shit on the counter.

I just think its all a bit outrageous and in time people will see more and more of this attitude in people. Its terrible because I actually think its pretty neat and a great alternative for people that want to stop smoking cigg's.

People will ruine the reputation of this shit just like everything else though. You'll see.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

yea ive hit my friends pen and im stoned as a mofo.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X